Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

600+ million dollar powerball

Even I'm tempted to buy a few tickets....but I'm trying to resist it. My Mom spent thousands upon thousands and never got shit to show for it....but right now I'm unemployed, can't find a job to save my life, and I have a few dollars I can spare.

No harm buying a few lines for large sums. Just don't make it a habit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    No harm buying a few lines for large sums. Just don't make it a habit
    Yeah I mean basically this.

Even if you're 1/100 winners that's still oodles of cash. (30M after taxes)
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to: "How to throw away money 101"

I been playing ff14 for the past 6 months or so and I play the cactpot lotto game every week and have never won once. It’s a 1/10000 chance, much more forgiving than irl lotto. There have been a few months that no one won. I have won the minicatpot a few times but it’s more like a 1/72 chance if I did the math right 8(possible combinations)*9(numbers)

If I can’t win a 1/10000 chance game, why should I play a 1/1m. I would just wait for another 1b payout tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Can’t find a job or are unwilling to take certain bitch-work jobs? Beggars can’t be choosers, you know.
    Well I just applied for several jobs at various grocery stores near by....that answer your question

Not like I'm being picky...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Even I'm tempted to buy a few tickets....but I'm trying to resist it. My Mom spent thousands upon thousands and never got shit to show for it....but right now I'm unemployed, can't find a job to save my life, and I have a few dollars I can spare.
    Statistically (pretty much) just as likely to win if you buy one ticket vs 100. So go grab a bottle of water and buy a ticket.

Basically they made lotto super retarded.
    adding numbers and making billion dollar jackpots instead of increasing 2-5th place prizes just makes it even more foolish to support giving all that money to one person

This is why it's called a tax on the stupid.

When it gets this stupidly high I'll typically buy a single line ticket. Just sitting around with friends/co-workers talking about what we would do if we actually won that ridiculous amount of money is enough entertainment for me to justify the meager investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lotteries make money because people overestimate their chances of winning. If you want money, don't buy tickets.

That said, go nuts man. it's called Stupidity tax for a reason though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    This is why it's called a tax on the stupid.
    Says the person who thinks classic from the start will have more subs than live and never lose any...you aren't a great judge of logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Lotteries make money because people overestimate their chances of winning. If you want money, don't buy tickets.

That said, go nuts man. it's called Stupidity tax for a reason though
    Never said I'll spend every dime I have...but fuck what is 2 dollars for a tiny chance to win almost half a billion.

I'm sorry you probably blew lots of money and never got anything....but I'm not going to blow all my limited funds on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Can’t find a job or are unwilling to take certain bitch-work jobs?
    I mean, doesn't that pretty concisely explain why people are too good for these jobs? OR did I misunderstand "bitch-work"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Run for president if you win.
    LOL

Even if I wanted to enter a shitstorm like that, I couldn't run till the 2024 election

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Basically they made lotto super retarded.
    adding numbers and making billion dollar jackpots instead of increasing 2-5th place prizes just makes it even more foolish to support giving all that money to one person
    I don't think it's dumb. There's one good reason people buy lottery tickets: it's fun. It's fun to imagine winning all that money and the higher that number goes, the more fun it is to play. It would be stupid to buy tickets as a desperate way of getting rich but there's no harm in buying a cheap ticket if you get a small thrill out of it.

1 in 292,201,338 that ought to throw a cold shower on that, you have better odds of getting hit by lightning or becoming a celebrity overnight.

Well the odds are incredibly stacked against you. But I usually throw my hat in the ring everytime it grows like this. It's less about actually winning, and more of the entertainment fantasizing about winning millions!!
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    1 in 292,201,338 that ought to throw a cold shower on that, you have better odds of getting hit by lightning or becoming a celebrity overnight.
    Yep... a much better chance of reinvesting those few bucks into something and reselling it for profit, rinse and repeat until you have 600 million.

But that takes.. you know... work.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't think it's dumb. There's one good reason people buy lottery tickets: it's fun. It's fun to imagine winning all that money and the higher that number goes, the more fun it is to play. It would be stupid to buy tickets as a desperate way of getting rich but there's no harm in buying a cheap ticket if you get a small thrill out of it.
    Ya but instead of jackpot being 1 billion
    it could be 800 million and they could have added to the other prizes.....and draw just as many people
    and it would be just as fun