Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Potions have never used the entire stack of twenty when you click it, it just does them one at a time. That has always been the case.
    A stack of 20 and 20 individual flasks function the same. You can't stack the buff it grants. This one acting different doesn't sound like a bug?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A stack of 20 and 20 individual flasks function the same. You can't stack the buff it grants. This one acting different doesn't sound like a bug?
    Again, you're several posts behind, mate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, you're several posts behind, mate.
    So? You are several posts behind with incorrect information. It didn't stop you from commenting. It is only 7 posts behind and 2 of them were your posts. What do you have against discussing?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-03-25 at 05:17 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

*rolls eyes* Oh no, forgive me for skimming posts. Again, not defending exploiters. I'm defending the idea that an XP buff being stackable isn't exploiting. If you were just buying the potion and using it normally, without having to do anything special, and it stacks when Blizzard didn't want it to, that's not an exploit, that's bad design. If you DO have to jump through hoops for it to work, then it is an exploit.
    It is an exploit. You don't have to talk around it like "if it's an orange then maybe it's not an apple, but if it's an apple it's an apple".

You can't come out neutral in this. You were wrong, admit that. Admitting that it's an exploit is just stating the obvious.
    You were so against the idea of this being an exploit and that players did nothing wrong, yet when you're proven otherwise, you just try to go the neutral way.

Lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    *rolls eyes* Oh no, forgive me for skimming posts. Again, not defending exploiters. I'm defending the idea that an XP buff being stackable isn't exploiting. If you were just buying the potion and using it normally, without having to do anything special, and it stacks when Blizzard didn't want it to, that's not an exploit, that's bad design. If you DO have to jump through hoops for it to work, then it is an exploit.
    No one has said that an XP buff stacking is an automatic exploit. You certainly were defending exploiters as you said "this 100%" to a person that was defending exploiters as doing nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    It is an exploit. You don't have to talk around it like "if it's an orange then maybe it's not an apple, but if it's an apple it's an apple".

You can't come out neutral in this. You were wrong, admit that. Admitting that it's an exploit is just stating the obvious.
    You were so against the idea of this being an exploit and that players did nothing wrong, yet when you're proven otherwise, you just try to go the neutral way.

Lame.
    I already admitted I'm wrong, smarty-pants. I said it's an exploit.

That does sound like an exploit if that specific thing is what is needed for it to work. An XP buff just stacking does not sound like an exploit, which is what everyone was describing it as before now. Forgive my ignorance on the matter.
    What I'm discussing now is that if you didn't have to jump through extra hoops and do additional steps (which is what the exploit is), but the buff was still stacking, then it wouldn't be an exploit, it would be bad design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No one has said that an XP buff stacking is an automatic exploit. You certainly were defending exploiters as you said "this 100%" to a person that was defending exploiters as doing nothing wrong.
    And I said "this 100%" because my understanding was that all you had to do was use the potions normally, which isn't the case, and I know that now.

You should be able to stack as many potions as you have lvl120 characters on your account =P.

Clearly, the 'tech' exists to do so!

And what if you bought them one by one and used?

Anyways, the game engine does allow multiple buffs (and debuffs) with the same name and same ID to be applied. So I do not see anything that can be put as exploit.
    Otherwise you would not be able to have the same dotter classes on raid bosses.

Exploit would be if you could use the same potion over and over again.
    People asked, blizzard did not respond just threw some bans. This is way beyond stupid. Instead of bans, a character rollbacks should have been applied and it would be justified.

But their pride does not allow them to admit to mistake.

And it pisses me off because it was obviously their fault.
    I still wait for fixes on siege of boralus pets on last boss, blizzard doesnt care.

I already admitted I'm wrong, smarty-pants. I said it's an exploit.

What I'm discussing now is that if you didn't have to jump through extra hoops and do additional steps (which is what the exploit is), but the buff was still stacking, then it wouldn't be an exploit, it would be bad design.

- - - Updated - - -

And I said "this 100%" because my understanding was that all you had to do was use the potions normally, which isn't the case, and I know that now.
    Even if the potions stacked without needing to be separated would it not be 'bad game design'. It would be a bug at best. Unless it stated in the description that it's stackable or stackable to a certain limit. Going over that limit would again be a bug as it wasn't designed that way.

Bug =/= bad game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Even if the potions stacked without needing to be separated would it not be 'bad game design'. It would be a bug at best. Unless it stated in the description that it's stackable or stackable to a certain limit. Going over that limit would again be a bug as it wasn't designed that way.

Bug =/= bad game design.
    And how, exactly, is the player to know that it's a bug in such a scenario? Not everything in this game is explicitly stated. Mechanics don't always work how we expect them to. We know, in this case, that the unusual methods required mean it's almost certainly a bug and that using it is an exploit, but if you were just using it normally and it kept stacking, why would that seem unusual?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

Anyways, the game engine does allow multiple buffs (and debuffs) with the same name and same ID to be applied. So I do not see anything that can be put as exploit.

People asked, blizzard did not respond just threw some bans. This is way beyond stupid. Instead of bans, a character rollbacks should have been applied and it would be justified.

I still wait for fixes on siege of boralus pets on last boss, blizzard doesnt care.
    You need to be 120 to buy them so you would have to mail them to a leveling toon and never stack them, no one did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exploiters have been banned as expected. But I cannot blame them for what they did because leveling is extremely boring and antiquated.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

Noone would buy individual (let's say 40) potions in a row one by one and apply them one by one. Unless it's an exploit as we see now.

When you stack any dot (lets take agony for example) it stays on the same debuff bar with a number over the icon indicating how many stacks you have on.

This potion took a different bar every time you applied one.

What does not look like an exploit again?

You just got banned for exploiting, lay low.

7+ Year Old Account
    And how, exactly, is the player to know that it's a bug in such a scenario? Not everything in this game is explicitly stated. Mechanics don't always work how we expect them to. We know, in this case, that the unusual methods required mean it's almost certainly a bug and that using it is an exploit, but if you were just using it normally and it kept stacking, why would that seem unusual?

The fact that you have to go out of your way to make them single stacks then use them one at a time excludes you from any claim of using them normally.

Tell me one mechanic that doesn't work like you expect it to.

Killing an looting Ivus multiple times back to back was not adressed anywhere before the fix, bans and rollbacks. Was it an exploit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The fact that you have to go out of your way to make them single stacks then use them one at a time excludes you from any claim of using them normally.
    We're discussing using it in a normal method, where you don't have to stack them separately.

Tell me one mechanic that doesn't work like you expect it to.

Killing an looting Ivus multiple times back to back was not adressed anywhere before the fix, bans and rollbacks. Was it an exploit?
    Yes, that's an exploit, because it doesn't follow any known history of killing and looting a boss. In this case, we have precedent of potion buffs stacking in the past.

We're discussing using it in a normal method, where you don't have to stack them separately.

Yes, that's an exploit, because it doesn't follow any known history of killing and looting a boss. In this case, we have precedent of potion buffs stacking in the past.
    Tell me one thing that doesn't work like you expect it to in the current game. Or anything specific, 'in the past' is very vague for an argument.

Also I think stacking anything on different buff/debuff icons has never been the case. It just stacks on the same icon with numbers indicating the stacks.

7+ Year Old Account

If you we’re using it normally then there is no bug they just work as intended.

Love how many idiots here think the ban was obvious meanwhile people who did the cauldron exploit piss on everyone in an orderky fashion

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Tell me one thing that doesn't work like you expect it to in the current game. Or anything specific, 'in the past' is very vague for an argument.

Also I think stacking anything on different buff/debuff icons has never been the case. It just stacks on the same icon with numbers indicating the stacks.
    The monk XP buff works that way. The timer just keeps going up and up. It's stacking higher and higher.