Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    As if any of the other devs want the job, no matter who does it players will have the same complaints, same questions, and want them replaced after a few months.
    Then rotate people for the QAs? Like I said in OP, it's about keeping it fresh.

Didn't Blizz hire Stephen Frost from Wildstar? His videos for that were pretty damned awesome, he'd make a better face for things than Lore does.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I dislike Ion, but I doubt the direction of the game is entirely his fault. Would need to replace all of the higher ups working on WoW and not just him to see substantial change.

Lore is just a cunt and fails at his job as a CM. How the fuck he's still employed is beyond me. Especially when other CMs like Ythisens, who was much better, got laid off.
    I dislike Ion, but I doubt the direction of the game is entirely his fault. Would need to replace all of the higher ups working on WoW and not just him to see substantial change.
    I dislike Ion, but I doubt the direction of the game is entirely his fault.
    I dislike Ion, the direction of the game is his fault.
    I've fixed that for you.

Without being overly rude - this post is genuinely some of the reason i dislike the wow community. It's literally in his job title - he's the GAME DIRECTOR - he's the dogs b*llocks, the gaffer, the big man who decides the future of the game. The problem WOW has at the moment is they've put a technical, knitty gritty man in charge. When Ion was in charge of Raids & Dungeons IE in MoP / WoD it's when he was doing his best work - parts of the game (Mythic) that were based around numbers and facts. The problem is we've got somebody in charge who thinks it's all about numbers, and RNG is fun.

Chilton had his faults too - WoD was a sh*t stain on his career but look at Legion. A genuine risk and shot in the dark, trying some good RNG elements.

Ion is the Game Director. Every company i have ever worked for has had a Director. When things go bad, they have the right to try new things, steady the ship and attempt to regain the respect of their organisation. Quite frequently however, a time comes where it's clear their leadership and direction cannot solve the problem. I think World of Warcraft: Classic is Ion's ticket out of here. Hopefully post launch he will become the Director for Classic and some fresh blood will lead the new team.

I like Ion, and i like the community. I just think it's time for him to move on and it's also time for some members of the community to realise the foolishness of what they say.
    Last edited by Eldarius; 2019-03-28 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The questions they answer is not what they personally want to answer.
    It is what Activision-blizzard the corporation/ institusion as a whole is willing to answer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It's an issue that has built up to the point that I lost interest in the game. Pretty simple. I had many questions many months ago.
    so you want them to answer questions, but dont know what those questions are...

hey i hate you iamthedevil
    why?
    eh i dont know
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

They answer questions about RNG in every single QA or almost every single one. They have to keep doing that because it’s such an issue but they don’t believe it is and/or don’t know how to fix it. They wanna lessen the RNG without vendors which would essentially be reforging but they don’t want that.

It’s also funny to me that they stated they don’t want reforging back in the game because it’s too “complicated” but then they have the azerite system which is the most vague and complex system in the game that requires players to use multiple third party sites/spreadsheets to figure out anything. They contradict themselves a lot.

I personally like the QAs. If we didn’t have them people would just complain there’s no communication. Yes, I think some of the QAs have been bad but I’ve gotten decent info from a lot of them. It’s good to see where their heads are at. I wish they’d listen to beta feedback more though, throughout the entirety I saw nothing but complaints about very obvious class design issues (that came with the removal of tier/leg/artifact) and azerite problems. We didn’t even get to test azerite for that long and it was nothing but complaints.

Either way, I’d rather we have the QAs than not but they need to fix the issues that are complained about so often and so much that they end up being “answered” in almost every QA. Open world being a slot machine, raiding/m+ not being rewarding enough (no cosmetics/seasonal mounts or titles), class design feeling watered down especially after legion, etc.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-03-28 at 12:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    you mean liek they have? like how they had holinka oncei n awhile, they recently had a Q&A about the art of the game, and another of quest design?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should stop doing the live Q&A's.

Have the lead developers write more articles and post them up as Water Coolers or blogs or whatever they want to call them. If they want to answer some questions they can do that too.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

They definitely do have a severe credibility problem.

And this may be just me, and I'm sure he's a perfectly nice guy in person, but I find Ion unlikable on video. He's just so buttoned-up and smug.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then you have missed the point of having a Q&A, it should be about getting answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Same. Moved to FF14 which is a far superior game and has devs that listen, give a damn and aren't making a product for the shareholders.

Seriously go watch the recent Fan Festivals (FF14 fan events). So much energy and passion compared to recent Blizzcons.
    You can burn out on both FF14 and WoW. I would not say FF14 is superior, just different. Game also has its issues. I'd probably agree though the devs listen better in FF14, or at least, that's how they portray it to be. Really though, FF14 kind of has the problem of the devs being Japanese, so they don't read their own English forums as much as the Japanese one.

Lore needs to go, the dude looks more undead than the in-game race
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol, pretty much. Most answers boil down to "because we want it that way." Not what they are going to do to fix it, no, it's not even a problem to them.
    uhhhh what?
    i feel like you dont even watch the Q&A

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post

And this may be just me, and I'm sure he's a perfectly nice guy in person, but I find Ion unlikable on video. He's just so buttoned-up and smug.
    i mean hes a high rank mythic player who is in one of the guilds that used to be the most well known for guides.
    you can still find videos of him makign guides on how to speedrun raids, sadly the old elitist jerks guides he made are gone, but some people reuploaded his vids.

i think the easiest to find is zul aman run elitist jerks speedrun guide by ion

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post

Nope it's not you.

Ion is a flat out arrogant person and he knows how he is acting towards the community.

He literally once tried to play the victim card by blaming the players for the state of the game for crying out loud. He literally sits there saying he cares about feedback then flat out ignores it.

And they wonder why the game is haemorrhaging players hard right now and why better games are getting newer players in.

Blizzard seriously need to go back to being a developer that makes games for the players. But sadly with daddy Activision always interfering that's unlikely to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    You can burn out on both FF14 and WoW. I would not say FF14 is superior, just different. Game also has its issues. I'd probably agree though the devs listen better in FF14, or at least, that's how they portray it to be. Really though, FF14 kind of has the problem of the devs being Japanese, so they don't read their own English forums as much as the Japanese one.
    I'd say it's hella superior imo.

Also quick note on the devs only listening to JP playerbase. They've actually been listening to EU/NA quite a lot as of late when it comes to feedback. A lot of the Eureka changes were supposedly made around a lot of consolidated NA/EU feedback for example.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    i wish they'd answer harder questions instead of answering a 4th question about titan forging and RNG. i wanna hear about new stuff.
    I think they keep answering that specific question in hopes that eventually it will dispel the bizarre notions this community has. You still see people whining constantly about Titanforging because they don't understand that it doesn't happen nearly enough to devalue anyone's anything. I do the hardest content in the game, I still have the best gear for my efforts, oh noes some pleb has a nice item. You'd be amazed the number of people who don't understand that and still believe that some LFR heroes are running around in full Mythic gear.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    FF14 is 1000% superior to WoW at this point, even with it's flaws.
    Here is something to believe in!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    FF14 is 1000% superior to WoW at this point, even with it's flaws.
    1000%? so 10x wow holy fuck my man

so are you saying there is only 50,000 active characters in world of warcraft!?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1000%? so 10x wow holy fuck my man

so are you saying there is only 50,000 active characters in world of warcraft!?
    What does sub numbers have to do with what I said? This is also a very contridictory argument for you to make Fel, as I've personally seen you argue tooth and nail against WoW sub numbers being important.

My opinion is that the game is 1000% superior to WoW.

I like you Fel, but even you at some point need to abandon the dumpster fire that is retail WoW. I needed to get into another MMO before I could see just how terrible it was myself.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    What does sub numbers have to do with what I said? This is also a very contridictory argument for you to make Fel, as I've personally seen you argue tooth and nail against WoW sub numbers being important.

My opinion is that the game is 100% superior to WoW.

I like you Fel, but even you at some point need to abandon the dumpster fire that is retail WoW. I needed to get into another MMO before I could see just how terrible it was myself.
    Don't bother mate.

If it has 1 less player than WoW to some people = bad game. Those people sadly think WoW is the only MMO out there and no other ones exist.

Most of the time they will also knock the competition with false information about the game they probably never even played to make WoW appear better. Seen it with other games too.

Never understood those people to be honest. There's more than enough room in the market for multiple games of the same genre.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-28 at 01:22 AM.