Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Another option I was thinking about here is to throw +1 to +6 keystones into dungeon finder and then allowing people to choose to soloqueue heroic dungeons or low keystones to meet their weekly social quota of 5.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    M+ is cancerous and disgusting. It encourages people to not help new players and instead form exclusive raider.io / community / friends lists. The game needs a fix. Get people OUT of their exclusive communities and helping others. Helping others is KEY to a thriving MMO. So we can START with this.

Run M+ and raids all you want. HOWEVER, in order for your toon to qualify for m+ / raid drops for the week:

1. they MUST soloqueue and complete something like 5x pug heroic dungeons in dungeon finder during the previous week.
    2. if the ilvl of the group exceeds a maximum, that pug heroic does not count towards the 5.
    3. Cheaters are told in advance that if caught, their cap goes to 10 for the rest of the expansion. Don't even THINK about creative use of game mechanics to get around this. If you think you're gonna do it at the end of the xpac, it'll extend to the next one too.

I think this would be a START to see if we can get people to help others more. If it fails, more extreme measures will be taken.

Pretty simple. Help people. Contribute to the community. Or no gear.

Why do this? because people insist upon using that cancer raider.io, which just excludes helping low ilvl players. We need a fix to raider.io, so this is it.
    Holy crap that sounds atrocious.

Another option I was thinking about here is to throw +1 to +6 keystones into dungeon finder and then allowing people to choose to soloqueue heroic dungeons or low keystones to meet their weekly social quota of 5.
    Just stop trolling dude. Eventually you'll get banned if you keep doing it. No one that has ever played this game would seriously have the opinion expressed here.

10+ Year Old Account
    What... I don't even...

Let's not fix what is not broken please.

no why stop at dungeons, lfr and pvp people need help too

Because people insist on using raider.io to exclude people constantly. So you start fixing it by removing raider.io as a qualifier. And this is how you do that. Stop trying to be efficient. Stop excluding people. HELP PEOPLE or GET OUT.
    You should change the title to "How Kokolums punishes others for Kokolums being bad"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mikase View Post
    I think one important thing is to understand why Raider.io is used. To try to argue it's used to exclude people proves that you have no real understanding of it, beacuse the reason, even if it's very close, is to decide who to party up with. It's rather who to INCLUDe instead of who to EXCLUDE.

I am not sure if you set up groups before, but you will instantly get 10x or more dps queuing to you. There is a few factors like setup to think about. (Melee/ranged, pure dmg/utility) when deciding to pick level, but there is also the ilvl aspect to ensure that, mainly that the player have the possibility to have the damage output needed for that level, and the HP to survive mechanics easier, for a smoother run.
    All these steps is easy to take into account by just looking at the UI.

But the most important aspect is experience.
    The Mythic+ is built up in a way that makes dungeons harder and harder to make, and a step between a +4 and +10 is quite steep. First of, there is mechanics that you don't need to care about in lower level, but means that you can't kill a certain boss in higher, there is attacks that needs to be interepted in higher levels to not get killed, but can be ignore on lower level. And mostly important, there is Affixes that only show up when you are above a different level.

There is no reason to learn the +4 affixes in a +10, aswell as the +7 affixes in a +10. It's better to play and have an understanding in +4/+5 or +7/+8 on how the handle them. If you do that, it will automaticlly translate to your score.

Not only that, but it's rarely you will pick a player that hasn't done a +8/9 yet on time in the dungeons you are going to do, for a +10 or above. It shows that you have not taken your time yourself to learn yourself on how the dungeon works, and it's not time to to introduce a new affix if you don't know the basic of the dungeon yet at "higher" levels.

So, here is the deal. If you do the dungeons by going up. First doing +4/5 of all dungeons, then advanace to +8/9, then you will be extremly more likley to be picked up by a group. It's only a natural queue, you don't skip it.
    Also remember: WE ALL HAVE STARTED OUT FROM A SCORE OF ZERO! It takes time to built it up, it didn't go from 0 to 1000 in one go. (Unless you have a dedicated group to do it with maybe). I've pugged my M+ runs, with mostly 1 or 2 friends. You need to have the understanding of "Hmm, I haven't done a Kings Rest yet, I better to a +8, as that will bring my score up alot compared to not done it yet". Running the +10 directly isn't needed.

I am using the term higher levels, but I am mostly talking about a scale from +1 to +10 in this case
    Can't agree more. I have been saying this for years.

And OP is entitled kid that wants everything without putting effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Can't agree more. I have been saying this for years.

And OP is entitled kid that wants everything without putting effort.
    The funniest thing is how much of an effort some of them put in trying to not put any effort. Pretty hilarious - they apply to groups completely out of their scope for hours and then make all these long threads fighting these forum wars, where in that time they could have ran the 6 or so dungeons they are missing at +8 or something and got their RIO where it needs to be.

RIO is a blessing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The funniest thing is how much of an effort some of them put in trying to not put any effort. Pretty hilarious - they apply to groups completely out of their scope for hours and then make all these long threads fighting these forum wars, where in that time they could have ran the 6 or so dungeons they are missing at +8 or something and got their RIO where it needs to be.

RIO is a blessing really.
    No, the funniest thing is that some people actually got over it and tryhard their way to the invite threshold (which is not even hard, just requires a little bit of time) and then becoming elitists they hated before not wanting to play with idiots and filtering people, because now they understand the difference.
    Every. Single. Time.

How high are you? Seriously what you smoking.

People are paying for a game, they get to choose how to spend their time.

You're mad because there aren't a ton of random groups with good enough people to allow you to get your rewards effortless by the sounds.
    Want better players? Put in the effort and then find people with same motives or join a guild, although this will prove difficult if you're a lazy person who puts in the bare minimum effort, no one wants to do dungeons with them types.

Mid dungeon/boss? Brb guys just gonna scratch my balls and go for a smoke.

I get the picture that you want a easy time on all your freshly dinged alts, probably boosted alts too.

Annoying that someone can even sprout this nonsense, the games already far too easy in the sense of gear/dungeons/questing

"No loot" is the preferable alternative here.

I'd rather get no loot.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

There is nothing "social" about auto queue. People don't talk to each other.

This is really stupid.

Let people do whichever content they want, with whomever they want.

If you're stuck in lower keys, just a semi-organized group, and you will no longer be stuck, at least not for a long while.

This would just make me quit the game. I don't have as much time as I used to since I have a kid and a job now, so I save my time for activities that are either fun or give a fun reward. The only way I'd ever queue for random heroics is if the satchel had a chance to drop really cool pets or mounts.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2019-04-01 at 12:45 AM.

You can either start playing the game, make friends with experience, ask them how to get better and learn to understand the game better

OR

force everyone around you to your own skill level???

There is ZERO initiative for players to get better, when the reward - completing a dungeon - is a garanteed success.
    This is a nonissue if there is nothing to gain from a specific MMO activity.

This topic is the perfect example why WoW needs LFR and other restricted activities to keep this kind of players entertained, since the slightest increase in difficulty might allready be to much to deal with and leads to "toxic communitys" with "toxic statistics".
    -

I wish mmo-champ would require at least 5 intelligent posts before allowing someone to post such an obvious troll

Just find a guild and read some guides, FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Forcing people to do any content to open other content for any reason other than story or time gating is absurd.

Forcing people to soloqueue for heroics does nothing to help the community, aside from the absurdity. No one would be doing it due to altruism, and would likely go out if there way to be less helpful.

If someone outgears content, which in re heroics is provably a lot of people, why in anyone’s sane mind would they want to run said content solely to be a Good Samaritan?

Lastly, how can you be the arbiter of someone else’s time? If I can complete Mythic content, that might be all I have time to do; in your world, I’d have to spend 2.5 hours or more a week doing heroics which are at this point useless. How is that any better than our current situation?
    true. but giving them incentives for doing so works wonders.

FF 14 does it perfeckly imo. there is no reason why they shouldnt implement similiar system to the one of FF. or one that ton of other games have