Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    I prefer every rep grind over running dungeons or even mythic dungeons to play allied races.
    Nobody ever had to do those to unlock a race. The point is nobody should have to do anything to unlock new races, there's plenty of oh so virtuous "work" in levelling one of them for some stupid transmog.

Eventually these idiot races will fall into disuse because there are so many of them and with the stupid rep grinds being tied to past expansions, fewer and fewer will bother with unlocking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I always considered them rewards for players who like these types of grinds. I don't think they were meant to replace legitimate races and are simply a new feature to test race implementation. With the way they're going, I think they were a good exercise in giving us more customization based on the main races.
    Allied Races are really just races that you have to unlock. They could very well add a brand new race and make it something you have to unlock

If you'd have to grind stuff to just unlock more customisation options (such as the Night Warrior stuff) then most players would be fine with that (and that's something that most people were asking for) and something that would make sense, since you're also improving your character this way. "Allied Races" is really just a system that incentives you to reroll (or to racechange) and does not add anyhing to your current character.

Basically it's a somewhat cheap way to extend playtime, because you'll reroll and repeat most of the content that you've just done with your other character(or you'll pay for a race change which is even better than extending playtime).
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-03-29 at 11:01 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Allied Races are really just races that you have to unlock. They could very well add a brand new race and make it something you have to unlock

If you'd have to grind stuff to just unlock more customisation options (such as the Night Warrior stuff) then most players would be fine with that and something that would make sense, since you're also improving your character this way. "Allied Races" is really just a system that incentives you to reroll (or to racechange) and does not add anyhing to your character.
    They are races you have to unlock, but I don't think it's as sinister as people are making it out to be. They're mostly cheap reskins to add more food to the table. Until Blizzard states they're going to replace normal races with the current AR method, I'm not so bothered by their implementation esp since they were designed with prestige in mind. I think they were always meant to be simple pretty skins for a low percentage of players. Maybe inspire the team for future race decisions, but primarily a dev experiment.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Just do the damn WQs, be a man.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It feels like a chore and a job to run around doing mundane world quests after I’ve already done their storyline.
    It is not that much different from the rep grind of old from dailies in my opinion.

It feels like a chore and a job to run around doing mundane world quests after I’ve already done their storyline.
    That's why their a reward.

7+ Year Old Account
    you have to play the game to earn rewards?
    holy moly what is this!?

- - - Updated - - -

So when did putting in months of grinding towards reskins become acceptable? Look at how Blizzard has lowered their own standards.
    same way it has been since vanilla.
    also its not months
    when the game launched i got all reps to exalted in less then a month, and getting those reps are MUCH easier now with contracts, more quests, ddarkmon fair, invasions, and the monthly rep events

I missed a fair few days because i moved. I also did not know about contracts until like i got champions to almost exalted, and then i got the tortollan seekers one. I also missed alot of the proudmoor world quests cause my addon wasnt showing the ones in boralus itself
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-03-29 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    A race should never have any kind of grind to play them.

If you kids think unlocking allied races is a chore you obviously have no effing clue what a chore is.

Sorry that you can't go on your phone and press a couple buttons to get some immediate gratification.

This is a MMO which is DESIGNED to be a complete TIME SINK. Now, a time sink means that you...sink time...into this game. Because the longer it takes for you to acquire something...the more you are sub'd..

Its a shocking business practice, I know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    A race should never have any kind of grind to play them.
    Gear should never have any kind of grind to it
    mounts should never have any kind of grind to it
    pets should never have any kind of grind to it
    acheivements should never have any kind of grind to it
    transmog should never have any kind of grind to it
    .... need i go on?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Gear should never have any kind of grind to it
    mounts should never have any kind of grind to it
    pets should never have any kind of grind to it
    acheivements should never have any kind of grind to it
    transmog should never have any kind of grind to it
    .... need i go on?
    Go for it. I like seeing people make fools out of themselves.

It's only a problem if you don't play the game.. because if you did they would have been all unlocked by doing nothing special.

Except for the 2 latest alliances races obviously.

But I'm more curious about Blizzard's take on this.. as much as people here think they are all about the money.. they are rejecting a ton of race change money by putting those races behind reps.. makes you wonder who had that bright idea.

But still, i does suck for people who are coming back, but seriously by now i you're not exalted with all factions, it's because you just don't do dailies.

But I can feel the pain.. especially since it's not cross-faction.. if In 2 years i decide to go alliance and would want to be a kul tiran for some reason.. I would be pissed at this.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2019-03-29 at 11:35 PM.

Remember grinding for mats for pots every week for raids in Vanilla? How about grinding for mats for elemental resistance gear that was only useful for a few fights but absolutely necessary? This has always been world of grindcraft.

Go for it. I like seeing people make fools out of themselves.
    Oh what a shock. I said Felpleb would show up to tell us why we are wrong and they are right. I mean they have to get some online validation because it's clear as hell they have nobody to love or validate their BS in the real world.

You know what I'm breaking a personal rule for once. That poster is an absolute cancerous little wart to this site. They are basically the Slipmat of the WoW section. They come into threads providing nothing of actual discussion and have some weird fetish that involves proving how right they are and how Blizzard can do no wrong with their pseudo-intellectual attitude where they write a wall of text so they can basically be all like "look at me mommy I'm smart". Newsflash. People like that aren't.

It's actually amazing. If the poster put this much dedication into lets say a job as they do shilling Blizzard they'd probably be a successful person in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    Remember grinding for mats for pots every week for raids in Vanilla? How about grinding for mats for elemental resistance gear that was only useful for a few fights but absolutely necessary? This has always been world of grindcraft.
    But that's fine.

This is taking a core feature aka races and putting them behind said grind to further bloat the amount of content BFA has. It's not helped by BFA being more about quantity over quality.

Hell Allied Races are just Races with a time/repgate. Nothing more.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-29 at 11:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh what a shock. I said Felpleb would show up to tell us why we are wrong and they are right.

You know what I'm breaking a personal rule for once. That poster is an absolute cancerous little wart to this site. They are basically the Slipmat of the WoW section. They come into threads providing nothing of actual discussion and have some weird fetish that involves proving how right they are and how Blizzard can do no wrong with their pseudo-intellectual attitude where they write a wall of text so they can basically be all like "look at me mommy I'm smart". Newsflash. People like that aren't.

It's actually amazing. If the poster put this much dedication into lets say a job as they do shilling Blizzard they'd probably be a successful person in real life.
    He only sees things in black or white. I say races shouldn't need grind to play, that must mean nothing should need grind and everything should be just handed to me.

He only sees things in black or white. I say races shouldn't need grind to play, that must mean nothing should need grind and everything should be just handed to me.
    Eh I'm not going any further with this. It's not worth a ban.

But yeah. Races are a core concept. And if ActiBlizz even start selling them then the game better go F2P. Because only F2P games pull crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    If you kids think unlocking allied races is a chore you obviously have no effing clue what a chore is.

Sorry that you can't go on your phone and press a couple buttons to get some immediate gratification.

This is a MMO which is DESIGNED to be a complete TIME SINK. Now, a time sink means that you...sink time...into this game. Because the longer it takes for you to acquire something...the more you are sub'd..

Its a shocking business practice, I know.
    Yes it is. It's shocking that they can't think of new timesinks so they just do it to existing content/features instead.

But it's ActiBlizz. Lazy design is their craft these days.

Imagine how ludicrous it would have been in burning crusade to have drenaei and blood elves locked behind aldor or scryer rep.

Or getting exalted with reps for goblins or worgen

Or pandaren

Why the FUCK are people treating these races different? You could easily argue Kul'tirans and Zandalari were sold as FEATURES of this expansion. To have to do anything to unlock them outside of paying for the xpac is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Onmius View Post
    Imagine how ludicrous it would have been in burning crusade to have drenaei and blood elves locked behind aldor or scryer rep.

Or getting exalted with reps for goblins or worgen

Or pandaren

Why the FUCK are people treating these races different? You could easily argue Kul'tirans and Zandalari were sold as FEATURES of this expansion. To have to do anything to unlock them outside of paying for the xpac is stupid.
    Because people were exalted before those races were available.

I think the only races that were really locked were Mag'thar Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves.. those nobody could play when they unlocked.

I think the rep requirement makes sense when races are first introduced - but after a certain period of time it should be made comically easy to unlock them. Honestly, maybe just drop the rep or any other requirements (After a few months, or the next major patch) and just let players do the intro quest at the embassy like you do now and that would be fine.

Sending new players back to Legion, or in the future back to BFA to grind rep is dumbfoundingly shitty design.

I'd be a bit shocked if they don't do this by the end of the expansion. Just makes sense.
    Last edited by Mauthe; 2019-03-30 at 12:17 AM.