Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I would argue that this is less about older and younger and much more about how long people have played the game. Reputation stuff was viewed one way when the game was newer but after so many of them most people now just want them to be over as quickly as possible. That long quest chain or attunement that meant so much in vanilla would now be little more than a source of frustration for players that have played for years. You can only do similar things so many times before they become routine.

There are relatively few new players. Most of the complaining I see here are from people who are clearly veterans who have been around for years.
    Why WoW subs are declining and have been declining for the last 7 years is obvious yes, it's an old game, and people are simply tired of it. That's what I have been saying for the last 5 years. It's not doom and gloom as people may want it to be, me and you have the same view on this. WoW will die of a natural cause, not because it's a horrible game now vs Vanilla or the other expansions. And that is of course, of age.

I think what I am talking about is another subject, and a lot less about reputation. It's more about the whole game and the future of WoW. How to stop making veterans quit, and how to get new people in.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, shit is stupid we need to revisit the mop rep system and add dungeon rep tabards to gain

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Are not.

It's just an exalted reputation grind. Very tame stuff. They may be unecessary, but they aren't horrible at all.
    It's horrible in the fact at how it's acquired.

Why make players wait 12 hours for WQs to pop? (much like a mobile game where a house is being built)

Oh that's right, time played metrics.

Probably posted by someone who doesn't even the baseline quests in the areas connected (Highmountain, Argus etc) and then won't even start doing the basic WQs stuff (emissary for 1500).

You can get Argus done in less than a week by now.
    Highmountain can be farmed on 5man nhc (3rd boss in NL) once 'everything else' is done.
    Honorbound is finished incredibly fast when doing the entire war campaign and not missing out on warfront WQs.

I should be able to race change for 25$ why the f*** do I have to quest, I can't be bothered doing quests forget zandalari troll

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    To be fair, I've seen people cry for a longer time on these Forums than it actually takes to get the Rep.
    What else are they suppose to do? Twiddle their thumbs for 12 hours desperately waiting for WQs to pop? lmao

it does suck, i feel like it will take ~30days of WQs in Zandalar to go from reveered to exalted... - the contracts +10 rep p/wq should be buffed

*Im a filthy casual, who stopped playing months into the expansion and wants the ability to create a zandalari alt without putting in the work
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

I'm 100% fine with Allied races being a grind... as sad as it is, it's content. It's not like we have a whole lot of other non-grindy content this xpac or in many xpacs past. It's lazy content, sure. Slap a reskin on a core race, give it a new voice and some racials and bam. Content. I think a lot of players would be more likely to be ok with it if it wasn't a time-gated grind.

Detach rep grind from dailies and make it through questlines and such. I mean ffs... there's a 6-hour questline where you save Jaina, Katherine and all of Kul Tieras and you get 50 Proudmoore rep at the end. Also, bring back rep tabards that give you rep through various things (dungeons, pvp, island expeditions, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Onmius View Post
    Imagine how ludicrous it would have been in burning crusade to have drenaei and blood elves locked behind aldor or scryer rep.

Or getting exalted with reps for goblins or worgen

Or pandaren

Why the FUCK are people treating these races different? You could easily argue Kul'tirans and Zandalari were sold as FEATURES of this expansion. To have to do anything to unlock them outside of paying for the xpac is stupid.
    Because some people are emotionally attached to the game and will defend even if its total shit or there are people so desperate for real content that they will gulp up even allied races and say its good

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    And people who stopped playing during Legion? Just using the word "entitlement" doesn't make you right, smart, or unentitled. It's bad game design. It doesn't make sense from a lore perspective. And it isn't fun. Games are supposed to be fun, right? I don't think it makes one entitled to want their game to be fun...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you know what standard fair means. First of all, this is the first time new races were locked in this game. So not standard for WoW. And this is the first time I have seen new races locked in any MMO (I haven't played them all so maybe it does happen?) ... so definitely not standard in the industry.

Also, during the story I am straight TOLD that the Zandalari stand with the horde. And then... I still can't play one because I need help a few hundred more turtles make it to the sea (or not make it to the sea).

The rep grind is incredibly easy. It doesn't take a long time. But these are not arguments for bad game-play that supports neither lore nor fun.
    They aren't races, they are allied races. As in reskinned older races - so a different thing, which is also a first. Second of all, you are also told - during the story - that they aren't allied with the Horde yet, that's actually a result of said story. Thirdly, the turtles are for Tortollan rep; not zandalari. Oh and fourth - don't like it; don't do it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    It's been interesting to follow your journey of posting, from the days you vehemently agreed with Jaylock's ultra-polarized pro-Blizzard threads to today when each one of your dozen or so daily contributions to the forums are agitated anti-Blizzard posts telling people to go to FF14 and ESO.

Maybe a pause from this forum and some newfound perspective to MMOs would be a good idea? Or at least posts that stay on topic and don't veer into mouthfoaming about evils of capitalistic videogame companies?

Anyhow - to get back on track with the thread:

Rep grinding has always been a part of WoW (and MMOs). It's one of the earliest "repeatable content"-types we have. I'm not really against it generally, but I am a bit (a lot actually) surprised that Blizzard decided to design the unlock so that it actually requires you to play previous expac content to unlock a current feature. That's something they've been unwilling to do in previous expansions (it's been the other way around, they've actively tried to get people to play the latest stuff).

I don't think that's a very good move. I think they probably should have transitioned that to BFA content.
    You care way too much about what I post......

My advice is use the ignore function. Or report me to a moderator if you believe my posts break the sites rules and they will most likely handle it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    What else are they suppose to do? Twiddle their thumbs for 12 hours desperately waiting for WQs to pop? lmao
    Or you know, do anything else in life? If your main gripe is WoW doesn't give you something to occupy yourself 18hrs a day, maybe that's an issue with yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    But they aren't the same thing. Allied races are races, but they are not a replacement nor an equivalent to the fully fleshed out races we got in past expansions. They are cheaper, easier, reskins, and rerigs.

You got races on day one, but you never got an Allied Race on day one because they're a new and cheaper feature. You're also ignoring the fact we've been able to get so many in such a short amount of time, something they've never been able to do before. Purchasing BfA gave you 8 unlockable cheap races for the same price as two fully unique ones available on day one. I think they can be released better, but acting like players are getting robbed when they're actually getting more is silly. It makes more sense to say it's a quantity > quality thing with ARs, than to ignore that they're experimental and pretend you're never going to see normal race implementation again.

Actually while everyone is complaining about unlocking ARs, we're forgetting how much customization they've added on top of them. 8 new skins, transmog for all of them, mounts for all of them, heritage armor for all the main races coming, new options for current races, race-based armor for warfronts, and they're STILL hinting for more to come. That is more race/character related customization in one expansion for the same price than any expansion they've ever had. I don't see how we're victims to anything other than scheduling.
    few things
    1. not all allied races are reskins
    2. you also forget the new customization in night elves and blood elves
    3. all of these also have new racials, so they are not just "reskins' they are new races in every way except being entirely unique/ having starting zone
    4. also they add many new mounts and forms with these, the dark iron got paladin charger and with it one for the dwarves! no more horse. The zandalari also got one, and the lightforged too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    it does suck, i feel like it will take ~30days of WQs in Zandalar to go from reveered to exalted... - the contracts +10 rep p/wq should be buffed

*Im a filthy casual, who stopped playing months into the expansion and wants the ability to create a zandalari alt without putting in the work
    It took me less then 30 days to get exalted with ALL of the reps, this was before invasions, before dark moon fair, before world quest bonus event, before i knew about contracts, and before new quests that give a ton of rep aswell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onmius View Post
    Imagine how ludicrous it would have been in burning crusade to have drenaei and blood elves locked behind aldor or scryer rep.

Or getting exalted with reps for goblins or worgen

Or pandaren

Why the FUCK are people treating these races different? You could easily argue Kul'tirans and Zandalari were sold as FEATURES of this expansion. To have to do anything to unlock them outside of paying for the xpac is stupid.
    Because at the cost of having to unlock them, we get more in one expansion then we have every other expansion before COMBINED
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    That’s the funniest part too lol. Every action they’ve taken since late Legion is blatant in its intent and it isn’t even working
    Yep. It's funny because the metrics they put in place to keep people on the hook as you said are clearly not working.

And to be honest it really started in MoP. They just doubled down harder on it with Legion and BFA.

Timegating metrics to me just say you can't design fulfilling content. And Broken Shore in 7.2 with a 14 week timegate was proof.

I think if a race is released in a current xpac, that what it is now is ok, but when the a new expansion is released it should just open up with out the current grind. You can give an achievements or a feat of strength or something now letting people know you did it when it was current.

Pathfinder in old expansions should also follow this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post

The contracts shouldn't even exist at all.

Either a tabard or daily bonus dungeon reputation should be there. But of course that would interfere with their play of stretching out content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    I think if a race is released in a current xpac, that what it is now is ok, but when the a new expansion is released it should just open up with out the current grind. You can give an achievements or a feat of strength or something now letting people know you did it when it was current.

Pathfinder in old expansions should also follow this.
    See this I can get behind. Although even with current xpacs I still think Revered is the better option.

Pathfinder especially should. Imo after an expansion is over Pathfinder should just be bought for 10k gold or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Bitch Jaina View Post
    rep grinds are always horrible, they are always a chore, that's why it's called a grind
    The word "chore" shouldn't be an acceptable word when talking about video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    Because some people are emotionally attached to the game and will defend even if its total shit or there are people so desperate for real content that they will gulp up even allied races and say its good
    This. People are too afraid to criticise a product because they've invested so much time and effort into it. I made that mistake with FF11 back when I was younger and now looking back I was an idiot to claim it was perfection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverforte View Post
    The word "chore" shouldn't be an acceptable word when talking about video games.
    But that's what WoW feels like. A chore. Rather than entertainment.

Wanting to play a race shouldn't feel like a chore. You should have that freedom. Allied Races do not offer that freedom unless you spend time grinding for a feature that used to offer that freedom.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-30 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Or you know, do anything else in life? If your main gripe is WoW doesn't give you something to occupy yourself 18hrs a day, maybe that's an issue with yourself.
    Thanks for not answering my question.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Are not.

It's just an exalted reputation grind. Very tame stuff. They may be unecessary, but they aren't horrible at all.
    Having to log on every day for weeks because we are only able to earn a few points of rep a day is ridiculously self serving on blizzards behalf.

There was a time blizzard simply created compelling worlds and just let you play.

Whats next? A pop quiz on story content for a particular rep before you get exalted status?

I can hear it now, "Hey guys, we just want to make sure you understood the story as we intended it to be told, it will be more fun for you that way."