Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Girl Gets into Wrong Car (Thinks it's her Uber/Lyft), Kidnapped + Murdered

this story deeply saddens me because it started from articles of her going missing , then being found dead , finally with what actually happened

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...6-5e1ddcbc02a7

USC student got into wrong car, was kidnapped and killed by suspect, police say
    Police have arrested a man who they say kidnapped Samantha Josephson, a University of South Carolina, and killed her.
    A University of South Carolina student who was killed late last week died of 'multiple sharp force injuries,' according to a newly released coroner's report.

Clarendon County Coroner Bucky Mock released his findings Monday in the death of 21-year-old Samantha Josephson. Though Josephson lived in Columbia, the information came from Mock's office because her body was found in Clarendon County.

Josephson was killed after Columbia Police say she mistakenly got into a car thinking it was her Uber ride. Columbia Police Chief Skip Holbrook announced Saturday night that 24-year-old Nathaniel David Rowland is charged with murder in the case.

"Our hearts our broken," Holbrook said. "There is nothing harder than to stand before a family and explain how their loved one was murdered."

Around 3 a.m. Saturday morning, a K9 officer found a black Impala about two blocks from in Five Points. His partner pulled over the car, but the driver, Rowland, got out and ran.

The officer chased after him and was able to take him into custody. Police say a female acquaintance was with Rowland at the time and has been cooperating with investigators.

Holbrook said Josephson's blood was found in the vehicle, and child proof locks were on the back-seat doors, which would have prevented anyone from getting out. Her cell phone was also found in the passenger compartment, as well as wipes and bleach.

so as this was developing , the reports/articles began as her just missing ... as this progressed , more and more heartache followed

it 's weird that in today 's age Uber and Lyft have become so integrated in our society , as if it 's always been there (opposed to taxis)

Does something like this warrant a re -thinking of safety when it comes to Uber or lyfting ? What about using yellow taxi 's in general ?

Or (as some have pointed out ) ... is this a case of a person not being aware of their surroundings and should have paid attention to what care they got in ?

Yeah read about it such a sad story, one misstake and it's over. Also fuck that guy he should get the death penalty.

So many humans forget that civility is paper thin.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

What an absolute scumbag lifeform. Hope he gets severely punished, silver lining it happened in the USA so he probably will be.

sounds like she was stabbed. this is why all good upstanding people should carry a gun with them. if she was given a few days of training and practice and kept a small gun with her in her purse this would have changed from her being stabbed to death to him being shot to death.

i guess we should ban all guns and all pointy things now?

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    sounds like she was stabbed. this is why all good upstanding people should carry a gun with them. if she was given a few days of training and practice and kept a small gun with her in her purse this would have changed from her being stabbed to death to him being shot to death.

i guess we should ban all guns and all pointy things now?
    Jesus fuck... you guys are really crazy.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Would be nice if she carried a weapon though as it could have saved her life.

10+ Year Old Account
    well , the obvious sarcasm aside from that person 's post you quote ... and although i don 't think the topic of gun control should relevant to this case , perhaps a gun could have helped ?

Yes, let's ignore the more obvious problem of stepping into a car with a stranger, because Uber is the wrong service for a paranoid nation that thinks having a gun solves all problems. Let's do that. Let's promote how to arm up every citizen until the US is a nation of SWAT citizens. And then what?
    People make misstakes not her fault she didnt know yet to never trust random people and that there is a shit ton of sick people out there.

Im not much for the whole gun debate but in this case a gun could have killed him and saved her.

Is this a diversity in action thread? Because that's what this appears to be. Bask in the beautiful diversity and check those crime statistics.

jej look at this brainlet that hates gun rights.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    People make misstakes not her fault she didnt know yet to never trust random people and that there is a shit ton of sick people out there.

Im not much for the whole gun debate but in this case a gun could have killed him and saved her.
    Yes. Technically guns can solve all crimes at a certain point. Makes you wonder why the fuck they don't, doesn't it? I fully expect a nutcase coming in saying "that's because not all people have guns, duh" any second now.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Yes. Technically guns can solve all crimes at a certain point. Makes you wonder why the fuck they don't, doesn't it? I fully expect a nutcase coming in saying "that's because not all people have guns, duh" any second now.
    Not sure why you argue it's pretty much a fact that a gun could have saved her if she had one, or a tazer or pepperspray anything pretty much could have saved here so it's not stricly guns we talking here.

Sounds like youre just putting all the blame on her for making a single misstake in getting in what she thought was her uber.

FUUUUCCCKKKK. So what this guy just happened to be a pos murderer and a vic just hopped in his car(Mistakenly)? What are the odds?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Ban Uber, and give all men mandatory don't rape and murder classes.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    FUUUUCCCKKKK. So what this guy just happened to be a pos murderer and a vic just hopped in his car(Mistakenly)? What are the odds?
    not only that.

He had kiddy proof locks on the door. He was hunting and she literally walked into its trap.

Wasnt the brightest criminal though. Had the wipes and bleach but left her cellphone/blood in the car, rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Probably one of those guys who hijack uber info to pick up victims. It's super common, they have some app or something that can intercepts uber locations and all, and they use it to pretend they are ubers, to rape women and rob men. Happens all the time over here in Brazil, to the point where women know to always sit behind the driver so you can stab him in the neck or choke him with the seatbelt if he starts acting funny.

Jesus, that's terrible. Poor girl...

Heres a twitch clip where some streamer does the same mistake as the girl in the OP. Luckily this dude wasn't some nutcase. People trust uber wayyyy too much to begin with, but not even getting the drivers name before you get in is fucking stupid as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Not sure why you argue it's pretty much a fact that a gun could have saved her if she had one, or a tazer or pepperspray anything pretty much could have saved here so it's not stricly guns we talking here.

Sounds like youre just putting all the blame on her for making a single misstake in getting in what she thought was her uber.
    Yep, that's how life goes. Most mistakes are pretty inconsequential while others kill you. Not sure why you're turning this into a gun propaganda thread now. God I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you.

Yep, that's how life goes. Most mistakes are pretty inconsequential while others kill you. Not sure why you're turning this into a gun propaganda thread now. God I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you.
    Haha likewise, thank god. Shame would have enjoyed it if she double tapped his skull instead of him ending her life.