☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Wonderful. Add one more to the list of things they accused "liberals" with and then were caught doing.

Can’t wait for the slap on the wrist. But good to see these fuckers being exposed.

Literal nobodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Literal nobodies.
    trying to "cofefee boy" the chair of the whole state's branch of the GOP

cant even "A for effort that"

Edit: the background on the "nobody" Robin Hayes

represented North Carolina's 8th congressional district in the House of Representatives from 1999 to 2009
    Republican nominee for Governor of North Carolina in 1996
    chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party from 2011 to 2013, and again starting on April 30, 2016.
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2019-04-02 at 10:52 PM. Reason: salt in the wound

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Can’t wait for the slap on the wrist. But good to see these fuckers being exposed.
    Those are pretty serious charges. Slap on the wrist might not fly. Bribery and aiding and abetting are low ball ones, but wire fraud usually is a no-brainer re evidence. And they are federal charges, which means no state politics interference. Odd that Trump's DoJ is doing this though.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Those are pretty serious charges. Slap on the wrist might not fly. Bribery and aiding and abetting are low ball ones, but wire fraud usually is a no-brainer re evidence. And they are federal charges, which means no state politics interference. Odd that Trump's DoJ is doing this though.
    It also carries a potential 20 year max sentence.

Edit, The indictment... lol. Paraphrasing gray, "This totally isn't to influence your decision, but if you bury my troubles with the NCDOI I'll give you at least a million."
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-04-03 at 06:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    not really, its really hard to bury cases of crime at the federal level, now you can lw ball the sentence, but just avoiding a trial and charges brings to much shit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    not really, its really hard to bury cases of crime at the federal level, now you can lw ball the sentence, but just avoiding a trial and charges brings to much shit.
    But typically prosecutors throw the book during the indictment, and then plead down if extenuating circumstances, sometimes to no jail when it's a rich/political figure. But wire fraud is almost objective when it comes to trial, the evidence is either there or not.

I'm just saying that I don't think this guy is going to be able to weasel out of avoiding jail time. I think we're actually agreeing, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It also carries a potential 20 year max sentence.

Edit, The indictment... lol. Paraphrasing gray, "This totally isn't to influence your decision, but if you bury my troubles with the NCDOI I'll give you at least a million."
    Yeah, wire fraud is a scary thing to be indicted on. Huge sentence and it won't just go away like local crimes.

Lol re the phrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Literal nobodies.
    How does a billionaire count as a nobody?

Furthermore, NC GOP are responsible for one of the worst gerrymanders in the US and therefore have an outsized effect on federal politics.