Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Megathread] Devil May Cry 5

"The time has come and so have I..." You know the song! So it's been 11 years since DMC4 and we are finally getting DMC5 in 16 days. How excited are you? Have you been playing the previous games? Keeping an eye on the trailers and countdowns? Capcom is doing an excellent job advertising the game with trailers, interviews, social media daily countdowns and even a concert!

Make sure to mark the spoilers with a black list when posting!

Reveal Trailer:

HYDE Collaboration Trailer:

Final Trailer (Spoilers):

Reviews (Some of them contain spoilers):

Eurogamer - Recommended
    IGN - 9.5/10
    GameSpot - 9/10
    GamesRadar+ - 4.5/5
    Game Informer - 8.5/10
    Last edited by Sughs; 2019-03-07 at 02:23 AM.

10 days to go! Bumping this before someone else creates another thread and gets an infraction for not finding this one. Also, I created it too soon and at really early hours.

I was not excited for this until I found out I am getting a free copy lol.

gameplay looks pretty spammy and messy with over the top visuals

First review is in: Famitsu gave the game a 37 out of 40. Which is like a 92.5 out of 100.

- - - Updated - - -

New trailer with a few spoilers:

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    First review is in: Famitsu gave the game a 37 out of 40. Which is like a 92.5 out of 100.
    What an odd rating scale. Got it free so i'll definitely be giving it a try.

11 years was a long time to wait for a sequel,next weekend cant come soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What an odd rating scale. Got it free so i'll definitely be giving it a try.
    It's not odd at all. It's the standard 1-10 scale. Famitsu = 4 different review scores from 4 different people.

While I preferred the art style for prior games, I am looking forward to this game. The music is solid, the game play looks amazing and dammit, outside of Bayonetta, I've been wanting a good game in this genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not odd at all. It's the standard 1-10 scale. Famitsu = 4 different review scores from 4 different people.
    That makes more sense, I didn't know Famitsu was a combined score of 4 reviewers.

Gameplay looks good, though I'll probably need to play through HD Collection and 4 first.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Damn, IDK why but I thought this was coming out in May...ill have to play 1-4 again and then for shits play DMC reboot.

About 50 hours to go!

Review embargo released. Currently setting at 88 on Xbox which has the most reviews as a platform(39 reviews currently vs 10 for pc(90 average) and 21 for ps4(85 average)). 9.5 from IGN 9/10 from gamespot. I'm sure the score will change as more reviews roll in. Look like another great one from Capcom.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox...evil-may-cry-5

You can click between your platform of choice to see the current review average for that platform.

Looks like the cons are a hint of fanservice(gamespot review wrote as a con: "A couple pandering fan-service moments") and the game is similar somehow to past DMC games(which of course to DMC fans will likely be a pro).

I'm preordering.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-03-06 at 05:23 PM.

30 hours to go and the reviews are amazing so far!

I am ready for a hearty chuckle at reviews from the usual journos of the soylent gentry. They are still outright fuckin' sizzling that they tried so hard to push a narrative with DmC and the consumer uterly rejected it. Just watch Kotaku, Polygon, Waypoint and so on say the game is a "regression that appeals to angry manbabys rather than the sequel to the better reboot it should have been". I would bet good money every one of them does it. I cannot remember the last time i saw them so thoroughly roasted and they are still burnt over it.

I really want a new game to play and this could fit the bill but watching the early gameplay its not pulling me in.

Im not sure what difficulty gameplay was on but the AI would just run up to the character and wait to be hit.

And the world looks quite linear and that you just run through tight corridors then when it does open up its clearly a section to spawn mobs to fight.

Will wait till its out and review a bit more, might still end up getting it if end game gameplay is better

I just want to wake up to justice already..

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Im not sure what difficulty gameplay was on but the AI would just run up to the character and wait to be hit.

And the world looks quite linear and that you just run through tight corridors then when it does open up its clearly a section to spawn mobs to fight.

Will wait till its out and review a bit more, might still end up getting it if end game gameplay is better
    DMC was always like that. The first run in Devil Hunter difficulty was always about the story and getting the hang of it. The end game is in the higher difficulties, getting all abilities, Bloody Palace, ranking SSS in all missions, etc.

end game gameplay?

In Devil May Cry?

Since when?