Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Awful lot of people who are, ahem, "dissatisfied" with WoW nowadays...

And liking and/or enjoying the current content, however you slice it, is a very, very negative trait... on a WoW fan site.

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation. It's just... unsettling. This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

How does a thread complaining about complaing help?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

People can both love the game and be varying levels of dissatisfied with its current state.

The two are NOT mutually exclusive.

If you don't like it, then unsub. I did, it's really that simple. I don't care to say my reasons for why I don't like it, or sit around calling other people idiots for playing it, nor do I care to try and talk about how to fix it. I'd rather move on, and those that enjoy it are free to do so.

There's a lot of reasons people don't enjoy this game anymore, just as there are reasons for why people do enjoy it. Personally, I think the most annoying people are those who play the game, actively shit on it, then try to justify it as just being passionate. Get over yourselves.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    How does a thread complaining about complaing help?
    Easy answer to that: I'm not trying to help. See:

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation.
    If you have a problem with people "not helping", hit one of the "wow is literally unplayable" threads
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

A lot of the complaints are very much justifiable though. BFA doesn't have much to praise for, almost every good thing has been done in previous expansions. I do still see a lot of compliments for stuff like the art and zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And liking and/or enjoying the current content, however you slice it, is a very, very negative trait... on a WoW fan site.

I'm not trying to be snide or a smartass, just making an observation. It's just... unsettling. This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    the people complaining were passionate for the game once, no one complains on things that dont intrest them, i mean the state of wow is really bad so it doesnt matter if its a fansite or not, its just the truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's the same on every WoW fansite. BfA isn't very well liked for various reasons.

People are fans of WoW but unhappy with the current game. Since the game is constantly evolving/changing you're obviously going to have fans who are disillusioned with the current iteration, the ones who are enjoying it have no reason to discuss it and the ones who are not enjoying have a reason to voice their concerns, which is why fan websites often have more negative than positive.

I think the game is currently terrible, down to the core philosophy and direction of their game design it simply does not work and is not enjoyable or viable for me, as a result I no longer play WoW. Why am I still on this fan site then? Because I've been here for years, WoW is not the only topic discussed and I'm still interested in the possibility of WoW becoming a game I want to play again.

If I was still playing I'd be posting more about how shit the game is by voicing my concerns in frustration, if I was still playing but enjoying I'd be playing the game instead of talking about it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    A lot of the complaints are very much justifiable though. BFA doesn't have much to praise for, almost every good thing has been done in previous expansions. I do still see a lot of compliments for stuff like the art and zones.
    The art, zone layouts (most of them), music, it's pretty good, IMO.
    Uldir wasn't the *worst* raid ever, bland as it was, and BoD is pretty solid to me.

The complaints about a nonsensical story, I get.
    Sure, it's far from being completely told, but to this point, it's a mess.
    You went from being the leader of your Order Hall, shoulder to shoulder with all races in an event to kill demons, to just another peon in a "shiny blood" war, and it was wedged in seemingly out of nowhere.
    Actions taken afterwards have been... strange, and the requirement of reading additional source material (books, etc) doesn't do the game any justice.

Complaints about class design and gameplay, I also get.
    Some play pretty well, like MW monk is super fun IMO, while others feel... stilted, clunky, lacking any kind of cohesion or flow to it.
    It's always been a roller coaster, but when you tack on GCD changes, it makes some of these glaring issues that much more obvious.
    It didn't slow down gameplay so much as interrupt it with a bunch of buttons for the sake of having more buttons.

But yeah, for the most part, saying anything good about WoW does bring out the usual suspects.
    There's plenty to like, plenty more to dislike, most of which is opinion-based, and it's always been this way.
    If classes were more, I dunno, fluid and fun, maybe some of the naysayers would still enjoy playing for the sake of playing.
    If the story made a shred of sense from the Legion send-off to BfA launch, maybe others would have forgiven some other things.
    But as it stands, I agree with McNeil here that plenty of the complaints are justified.

Eh..mmo-champ posters are a minority, a massive minority.

At the same time, half of them or even more majorly complaining, have an active sub, which makes no sense.

BFA is bad in the sense its like a 3rd year of Legion and nothing new was actually added.

That complain i can understand, but other types of complains get boring.

You have someone that started playing in WoD, complaining he cant play Single Player in a MMO and similar shit and you are like "What".

You have someone complaining about classes and abilities..Yeah they play and feel simple at times, no denying that, but the 99% of the people complaining about it, are the "I am wearing 400-405 ilvl and i do 10k DPS, i only do LFR, i can barely complete a +5 in time and i hate the community that points out that i suck at the game".

Which makes you wonder if the problem is with the game, or with the community after awhile and then you realize, the problem is the mmo-champion posters.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-04-02 at 05:53 PM.

Just unsub and wait for classic like most of us have done. BFA was fun for about 1-2 months in.
    If you're looking to have a true mmorpg w/ constant progression - classic will be for you.

Just think, classic wow will be a good 2-3 years of SOLID gaming w/ friends & communities.
    Unlike retail where anybody can get to max level within 10 hours, fully geared and raid ready within 2 weeks and then buy their way through the game to keep current.

It's like the people who dislike McDonald's.

Do you just - not go back to McDonald's?

Or do you drive to McDonald's, sit outside the restaurant with a megaphone, and yell and scream about how you don't like it and why other people are dipshits for going there?

If you do the second one, you're a complete fucking moron, yet that's what people think MMO-Champ is for.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    People can both love the game and be varying levels of dissatisfied with its current state.

The two are NOT mutually exclusive.
    Exactly! It’s called “addiction”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    To a lot of people, WoW isn't just a game, it's essentially a hobby within a hobby (gaming) and/or an escape. Something they could always jump into and have some measure of fun. There's a lot of people who has been thoroughly alienated from WoW's current design, even though they've tried to hold on even throughout WoD, Legion (slight improvement at least), and BFA (the nail in the coffin).

They still want to enjoy the game but the game's design paradigm has shifted too much. A lot of people have stayed subbed and played even when they weren't having much fun, just like it's tough to give up other hobbies you're in a way "invested" in. It's not the same as no longer booting up a singleplayer game you've played through 12 times on Steam.

Those of us who has been playing since the days of classic, BC, LK, and in some ways even Cata/MoP, has seen the game very slowly but noticeably change to something unfamiliar and unfun. It's nowhere near the same game, even though a lot of systems are similar. But it's actually hard to tell exactly what it is that has changed so much. Why do I care so little about any BFA dungeon, but have so much fun playing through Westfall on a private realm, to spend a lot of time in DM, most likely not even getting a drop for my trouble? Because you aren't stuck in Godmode, you care about what's in your inventory, any green upgrade you find makes a difference in how well you perform.

Modern WoW has tried to exclude human psychology from it's players. It's trying to somehow override the fact that people don't care about a high level item, if that item doesn't fit into a bigger whole and you didn't actually do anything in particular to get it. I bonus-rolled and got some upgraded item from a world boss I zerged while barely paying attention. I can't even remember what slot it's in now, because it makes no difference.

If you know where to look, there are quests in classic you could do while they are 5+ levels above you and grant you a very powerful (for your current level) weapon. The reason that reward is so inticing, is because the game world is usually dangerous if you're not prepared (bandages, foods, potions). You will truly notice the difference if you get that weapon. However, if you are two-shotting mobs regardless that item doesn't even matter.

In contrast to Live, where you are overpowered by default. The only place within BFA where your gear actually makes some sort of tangible difference, is high M+ and premade raiding. Everywhere else, you are a winner just by participating. This does not actually foster the same sense of satisfaction from clearing something, and climbing the power progression ladder. I've had more fun getting my private realm warrior to 20, than all of BFA. I can't name a BFA dungeon boss even if you dangled money in front of me. Because I just teleported into that dungeon and zerged the boss without really caring about any of what was going on, I mean we're going to win within 20 minutes regardless. 'Cept the second last boss of, the guy who does mind controls and you have to avoid orbs... well I've forgotten the name of the dungeon.

I can spend 5 minutes flying somewhere, killing some easily soloable "elite", and get a gear upgrade.. but that gear upgrade doesn't matter. The most important aspect of MMORPGs, wanting to become stronger, is dead in BFA. At least to me, because I don't enjoy what has essentially become the only real places with some semblance of progression, premade raids and m+. Everything else is a theme park with free entrance fees and everyone is a winner just by attending. The entire rest of the game is just there to catapult you to the very endgame. And don't forget, that once the new content patch is out, 95% of what you've done is made completely irrelevant anyway.

Tl;dr
    WoW has forgotten how to MMORPG, and a lot of people feel alienated.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    we have come full circle , we have peaked

a complaining thread complaining about those who already complain about the game

This really ain't a fan site anymore, you literally can't make a thread without the usual suspects coming in and shitting on your enjoyment you get out of your hobby. Is it just me or has MMO-C became the /pol/ of WoW?
    This site and its fanbase has always been like this. You even refer to these people as the usual suspects. Even back in the pre-Wrath days there were people poo-pooing on every idea or change left-right-and-center. We just don't remember the little things because they were so minor and forgettable and we pretend that the discussion was much more positive. People complained about Dailies and the necessary grind. People cried about removal of attunements and having so many more people in raids. People cried about their roles being taken by Hybrids that are now balanced and allowed to tank/heal. People cried about class imbalance and how it's impossible to PVP against X class as Y class. People cried about getting items ninja'd and trying to out individuals on the forums even though no one cares. It's just as much of a cesspool back then as it is today, just in different ways. If you were an outsider seeing the forums for the first time, they would give the impression that WoW (at the peak of popularity) was an unplayable mess.

Forums have always been where people come to bitch. That's the nature of gaming forums, especially for big name games.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-04-02 at 06:03 PM.

It is horrible. I even think some see it as trolling if you love the game.

Basically, there are two things missing from BFA. Gameplay and reward structure.

Removing abilities that were attached to legendaries, adding GCD to most spells, and making trinkets/gear in general more generic and less gameplay altering, really hurt in the gameplay department. Specs just feel incomplete in lot of cases.

Reward structure just means what you are playing for. Is it rewarding? In Legion, you have set bonuses which would give you a large power boost two times during their collection(per raid). You had long term goals in the form of legendary drops. You actively farmed things like daily heroic dungeons and emissary rewards for the chance to get a legendary or increase your bad luck protection. You had targetable gear in raids that was named and known as BIS. In fact, you only had about 4 slots(iirc) that weren't already predetermined as a piece of "mandatory" gear. This gave a strict and requirement heavy end game goal with each new raid tier. Generic loot and the removal of tier sets, and lackluster trinkets have not done well here.

In BFA I would like a long term(final patch) and an intermediate term(current patch) loot goal that gives me a big throughput boost and/or changes the way I play. I would also like to see some specs restored to how they played in Legion. That is all.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-04-02 at 06:02 PM.

Breaking News a FAN can be HAPPY or UNHAPPY with the thing he is devoted or supportive.