Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    Einstein, nobody is positing that healers are necessary to complete this low level content. ANY comp is able to accomplish the objectives. Instead of being a dick to healers that dare to breathe the same rarefied air as yourself after knowingly and voluntarily using the same RANDOM matchmaking system ( by all means ASK them to switch to dps to “ optimize “ your time spent in a grindy MMO... but if they decline, suck it up and get on with it ) , find a second friend - apparently a stretch for you- or run with guildies so you won’t be subjected to this outrage again.
    P.S. Still waiting to hear why it’s apparently ok for yourself to queue as healer for IEs.
    I did that when it was early in BFA, since then I am always DPS because it makes more sense. If they decline to change spec I will initiate a vote which asks the second member of the group the same question: Do you think we need a healer? Yes/No > Kicked/Not kicked. And so far the vast majority agree with my standpoint that a stubborn healer is not welcome. If the the other guy agrees with the healer I continue and won't annoy the group at all. It's a simple procedure, nobody gets verbally attacked by me, can't say the same for others, tho. /shrug

My opinion is not ultimate, it's not the law, it's just that, my opinion that a healer is better off switching to DPS because he has no value.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Emotional appeal.
    But not a fallacy in this context.

Being a jerk is defined as taking actions with little or no consideration for the effects, including emotional, on other people.

Hey look, ad hominem
    And, rarely for a debate on a forum actually relevant, since the whole argument that we're all making is that kicking people for running a healer = being a dick.

Blah blah. This is tiresome. Here's the deal. You can feel however you want about me votekicking healers. I'll be over here votekicking healers with no care in the world that you get your panties in a twist because of it. As long as it's something I can do, I'm going to do it because it's not worth my time to carry a healer. Whether you like that or approve or you think I'm a shitty person because I do it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    Hey, I am not the one getting my "panties in a twist". I am simply trying to explain to people like you why your behaviour is dickish, how it harms the game, and ultimately why it's self defeating (ie foolish).

You're the one getting your knickers in a knot because you want to have your cake and eat it (ie kick people, but still believe that what you're doing is perfectly fine). And while you claim you couldn't care less, you've been putting a lot of effort into trying to justify your behaviour.

Whatever dude. Kick away. Just don't pretend that you can take that attitude and not be a considered a dick. I mean you're basically on a forum where someone is complaining about players who act like dicks, proudly proclaiming how you engage in such behaviour while just magically expecting people to tell you that no, what you're doing is perfectly fine by us.

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    you can lose Mythic difficulty island exps easily if you and your group are not coordinated lol
    Mmm I see, but only then? Would having a healer only impact the rate at which it's completed if they're just as coordinated as a full DPS group, and would it take that much longer for people to feel entitled enough to kick a healer before the gates even open?

You should respect your healer community in MMORPGs. Don't expect to get healed if you're not willing to help out the healer community. Same thing with tanks. You get to do the fun pewpewpew stuff as DPS, while we have to go through the headache of taking note of all your mistakes and heal them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I did that when it was early in BFA, since then I am always DPS because it makes more sense. If they decline to change spec I will initiate a vote which asks the second member of the group the same question: Do you think we need a healer? Yes/No > Kicked/Not kicked. And so far the vast majority agree with my standpoint that a stubborn healer is not welcome. If the the other guy agrees with the healer I continue and won't annoy the group at all. It's a simple procedure, nobody gets verbally attacked by me, can't say the same for others, tho. /shrug

My opinion is not ultimate, it's not the law, it's just that, my opinion that a healer is better off switching to DPS because he has no value.
    Hate to break it to you, but your confirmation bias is almost entirely in your head. Players are conditioned to click yes to the vote kick window without even reading what it's for. There's been many times I've had some random douchebag ranting at me over something, swearing he's going to get me kicked. So I just take the initiative and initiate the vote against him first, and watch the others mindlessly click the yes and he's gone. Made even more amusing when several times it was 4 guys from the same guild and they just blindly vote kicked their own friend instead of me the pug.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but your confirmation bias is almost entirely in your head. Players are conditioned to click yes to the vote kick window without even reading what it's for. There's been many times I've had some random douchebag ranting at me over something, swearing he's going to get me kicked. So I just take the initiative and initiate the vote against him first, and watch the others mindlessly click the yes and he's gone. Made even more amusing when several times it was 4 guys from the same guild and they just blindly vote kicked their own friend instead of me the pug.
    I was about to say this exact thing. When a healer gets kicked from an IE, it typically has absolutely nothing to do with them being a healer. It has everything to do with that one asshole deciding they don't want them there and the other person just mindlessly clicking yes.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Of course, every single vote in the history of WoW came through because every single player is conditioned to press yes. Do you also believe in Santa Claus? Maybe it counts for impulsive players or players that are distracted, but come on, you can't possibly believe that more than a few outliers simply press yes because why not. Even the good Samaritan @Raelbo would press yes, he would kick a healer, yup.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-04-10 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Hey, I am not the one getting my "panties in a twist". I am simply trying to explain to people like you why your behaviour is dickish, how it harms the game, and ultimately why it's self defeating (ie foolish).

You're the one getting your knickers in a knot because you want to have your cake and eat it (ie kick people, but still believe that what you're doing is perfectly fine). And while you claim you couldn't care less, you've been putting a lot of effort into trying to justify your behaviour.

Whatever dude. Kick away. Just don't pretend that you can take that attitude and not be a considered a dick. I mean you're basically on a forum where someone is complaining about players who act like dicks, proudly proclaiming how you engage in such behaviour while just magically expecting people to tell you that no, what you're doing is perfectly fine by us.
    See, but you haven't explained why my behavior is self defeating or harmful for the game. You've made a claim that it is and provided nothing substantive to support the claim except a slippery slope argument which as you know is fallacious. The rest of your garbage is just an emotional appeal/ad hominem. Someone getting kicked from a IE is not harmful for the game or self defeating. We were given the tools for a reason, that reason being any reason at all we don't want to group with someone. We're utilizing them. We don't need or want your approval, though the disapproval is good for a few laughs.

You're confused if you believe what you wrote about me wanting to have my cake and eat it. Not on that part specifically because the reality is that I do. I get to kick people if I want, I'm the arbiter of what justifies doing that, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. About the part where you say I want to believe that what I'm doing is perfectly fine. The problem is I know it is. And I'm not putting in a lot of effort to justify my behavior, you confuse my actions as approval seeking. Which is strange because I've explicitly stated as such many times now in comments where I posted basically you do you, I'll do me. I started here explaining my position to the OP. I stayed because I'm motivated by the entertainment provided by your salty reaction. I get a laugh out of people like you who freak out over trivial things such as this and blow them up into world ending crisis (you're killing teh game!) Nothing more or less.