Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    I'll be fair and say that fun is subjective. however, when a majority of your former player base keep leaving weeks into a patch or even an expansion, you have to realize that something is very wrong.
    you DO realize that no everyone plays the way you do right? a big chunk play for a few weeks after a patch, get what they want done and rotate back to other games till the next round comes out. There is NOTHING wrong with that, and assuming that the game is flawed just because people dont live in it like you do is a failed argument entirely
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

MMOs are about rewards and getting your character stronger then go destroy shit even better.

Currently the reward system of wow is bad. We are litterally showered so much with gear it has become diablowow. ilvl means nothing. getting even a bis feels meh, great 1% upgrade.

Classes have been pruned to much. need more spells and classes more specificity.

damn been around 14 years, cant say these are the best times.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    you DO realize that no everyone plays the way you do right? a big chunk play for a few weeks after a patch, get what they want done and rotate back to other games till the next round comes out. There is NOTHING wrong with that, and assuming that the game is flawed just because people dont live in it like you do is a failed argument entirely
    you DO realize having good content and interesting gameplay will keep people around for a lot longer than time gating quests and having everything be rng, right? you need to stop assuming what people mean, i never said i expected people to play like me and that is ridiculous of anyone to expect. but if people are leaving a couple weeks into an EXPANSION, then obviously people are not having as much fun as they were expecting and are playing something else they find fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    Yes you cannot judge if someone is good by looking at his gear, but there are achievments where you can tell if someone is good, e.g. AotC and CE and the seasonal achievments for all m+10 or m+15 in time.
    Part true, but who cares about the m+ 10 achiev anyway? its farmable without effort and free mythic ilvl loot. As i said before, too many loot resources with titanforged chances is ruining this game. I need to check all the achievements before i even inv someone for pvp or raids etc ,instead of the gear. AotC/m+10 achievements arent a big deal if u ask me now a days.

Bring back the valor points to upgrade your gear, so you value it more, instead of ''shiit, warforged? i wanted titanforged(+ 20 ilvls lulz) =( Mythic raiders should always be above heroic raiders but with all the titanforged chances...;p

Thanks for defining fun for me. What would I do without the internet to tell me how to think?

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is "fun"?

Some people find raiding fun. I don't.

Some people only play for PVP. I dislike PVP.

Some people love crafting and pet battles. Other folks dislike that a lot. No one is wrong here.

So again, what is fun?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Here are some aspects of the game people WOULD do even if they gave no rewards:
    Arenas - People that are already "rank 1" still queue because they love playing it.
    Heroic/Mytic Raids - Guilds would still do raids where they got 0 loot, the reason they raid is primarily because it is fun to beat the bosses.
    Random battlegrounds - Today you barely get any rewards for doing them, but they still are quite popular.
    World PvP - Yes we get the bonus today, but World PvP was done with no reward since Vanilla.
    You need to provide evidence otherwise you are just speculating that things you do not find fun also applies to other people.

Otherwise this looks just another thread complaining about loots be rewarded outside your own comfort zone that you not agree.