Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I play the game and are happy. I think people who do nothing but play wow are the people who are whining. The game has a ton of content but if you only like 1 part of the game you will never be satisfied.
    No one really said it was lacking content. Fun, compelling and engaging content is what it is lacking . That and a good chunk of the content renders a good chunk of the other available content useless or irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

ON a side note, with ATVI not doing well , and is actually looking weaker and worse then they did in Feb , I would expect a lot more budget cuts, shuffling of Devs and Blizzard scrambling to get a new IP out ASAP. I think the turmoil in ATVI is really going to impact future content for WOW , if not hasten the death of Retail and they just keep Classic going
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I can only answer your question for me peronally: Because i have played WoW for almost 15 years and still love this game and absolutely hate what they are turning it into. Because i am still playing and trying to enjoy myself i am constantly enraged by what they do with this game. Venting on the forums helps, to some degree.

The moment i stop to so so would be the moment i stop to care. Which would be the moment i stop to play.

I actually think that creative content (not only games, applies to shows and movies or music as well) with a highly critic community are the most popular and healthy ones. I would not bother to post here so much if i was not still strongly attached to this game.

When people stop posting is when you should be worried.
    Everything here. It's really not so hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Knowing Blizzard they'll probably going to release 8.2 at the same time as the MDI lan is happening so progression guilds are sure to be missing core raiders

Ooor, at the same time a major global sports event happens... like the football world cup or something. (Yes, US, you are the ONLY major western country where football is not a thing...)
    We have real football, not sissy soccer. :P jk (it's a joke let's not take it seriously and argue about football vs football <3)

My fear for 8.2 is it'll be too close to classic. People can dismiss the impact it'll have, but classic WILL have a devastating impact on an already low population of live wow.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    We have real football, not sissy soccer. :P jk (it's a joke let's not take it seriously and argue about football vs football <3)

My fear for 8.2 is it'll be too close to classic. People can dismiss the impact it'll have, but classic WILL have a devastating impact on an already low population of live wow.
    Man it's only called soccer in the US, rest of the world calls it football, in your "US football" the "ball" isn't even played with the "foot", so I wonder why you bothered calling it "football" to begin with

I agree about Classic. I wish they would restore my nelves to glory, or at least give them back their dignity, so I can sub to retail again

7+ Year Old Account
    My positivty is that I can finally play as a Zandalari
    Also we got to see Zandalar, finally

My negativity begins with mostly everything else. Specially killing Rastakhan after 1 patch
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Man it's only called soccer in the US, rest of the world calls it football, in your "US football" the "ball" isn't even played with the "foot", so I wonder why you bothered calling it "football" to begin with
    Because it is a running game. You either run the ball or run to catch the ball. And the origin of Soccer is traced back ~200 years ago to the same origin as "rugger" to refer to rugby. The theory is that is was shortened to Soccer from Association Football to distinguish it from other football branches of the time. Like Ruby Football and rugger. It is an interesting read. There were dozens of different rules and "sports" in the early days. In formal names Football covers a wide category of games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._football_and/ is a interesting map to see.

This is all off topic but at least its positivity.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because it is a running game. You either run the ball or run to catch the ball. And the origin of Soccer is traced back ~200 years ago to the same origin as "rugger" to refer to rugby. The theory is that is was shortened to Soccer from Association Football to distinguish it from other football branches of the time. Like Ruby Football and rugger. It is an interesting read. There were dozens of different rules and "sports" in the early days. In formal names Football covers a wide category of games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._football_and/ is a interesting map to see.

This is all off topic but at least its positivity.
    Hehe not the ONLY western country, at least you have the Aussies supporting you Oh and the IRISH, I didn't expect that...

It's not here becuase the game's dying... period.

From y my point of view... the game has to bled no matter what... it has to bleed and hurt and suffer and these fans along with it
    until everyone can remember how to be polite normal and respectful again.

This happened with Everquest... game got big and everyone got awful with it... and I said then no more...

Now where is Everquest?

Now I'm saying it here... same reason then and now...

People gotta be nicer.

The fact of the in between 30 years of alt right stuff... that's honestly just another story at this point.
    Last edited by Senphiroth1134; 2019-05-09 at 08:08 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't mind the negative threads. If you enjoy the game, then just play it to your heart's content. Right now the game does have some issues, and some threads genuinely want to discuss these issues for the games betterment. However, a lot of hateful threads have also popped up just for the sake of negativity.

Personally, i just tune out the inevitable sarcastic comment and just focus on positive discussions.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dekal View Post
    Don't mind the negative threads. If you enjoy the game, then just play it to your heart's content. Right now the game does have some issues, and some threads genuinely want to discuss these issues for the games betterment. However, a lot of hateful threads have also popped up just for the sake of negativity.

Personally, i just tune out the inevitable sarcastic comment and just focus on positive discussions.
    That's called an echo chamber, or confirmation bias. If all you ever do is look at things that reinforce your own perception, you'll get a skewed and warped view of the game.

The problem here is that all too many people just lump every single non-positive post into a single category. Treating every single criticism of the game as being toxic negativity is just as bad for the game as being a mindless hater.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's called an echo chamber, or confirmation bias. If all you ever do is look at things that reinforce your own perception, you'll get a skewed and warped view of the game. The problem here is that all too many people just lump every single non-positive post into a single category. Treating every single criticism of the game as being toxic negativity is just as bad for the game as being a mindless hater.
    Because it works both ways. When you see the same people spreading the same negativity over and over it is the same thing you like to label anyone who is positive or hates the negativity.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because it works both ways. When you see the same people spreading the same negativity over and over it is the same thing you like to label anyone who is positive or hates the negativity.
    There's a difference here, though. One is refusing to even look at or consider other opinions. The other(like me) looks at the state of the game and constantly sees a repeated pattern of anti-consumer and poor game design and criticizes it.

The mistake is in assuming that people like me are being negative just for negativity's sake, which is false. My views of Blizzard and WoW are a direct result of poor design and repeated disregard for players, which deserves all the negativity it gets. I also give praise where its due, such as with Mythic+ and Raid design. But if you think that one or two bright spots makes up for all the other garbage, then that's why you get the idea that "spreading the same negativity" is all people like me do.

And yes, I am going to call out positivity directed at those sub-par or bad choices by Blizzard. These are NOT actions which should be praised, no matter how much fun someone is having because they've never looked into the details. I'm sorry if that offends your sensibilities, but I will not stand by and let someone twist my words and intent like you just did.

And if you can't understand the nuances, then you are doing EXACTLY what I described above: Lumping all non-positive views as toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There's a difference here, though. One is refusing to even look at or consider other opinions. The other(like me) looks at the state of the game and constantly sees a repeated pattern of anti-consumer and poor game design and criticizes it.

The mistake is in assuming that people like me are being negative just for negativity's sake, which is false. My views of Blizzard and WoW are a direct result of poor design and repeated disregard for players, which deserves all the negativity it gets. I also give praise where its due, such as with Mythic+ and Raid design. But if you think that one or two bright spots makes up for all the other garbage, then that's why you get the idea that "spreading the same negativity" is all people like me do.

And yes, I am going to call out positivity directed at those sub-par or bad choices by Blizzard. These are NOT actions which should be praised, no matter how much fun someone is having because they've never looked into the details. I'm sorry if that offends your sensibilities, but I will not stand by and let someone twist my words and intent like you just did.

And if you can't understand the nuances, then you are doing EXACTLY what I described above: Lumping all non-positive views as toxic.
    I'll never understand that mindset personally.

People need to realise criticism is a good thing for a product and stop acting like any criticism is an attack on their product. It's really not.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Honestly, I don't feel that the game is that bad. I enjoy playing it, not as much as I used to mind you. If i didn't enjoy WoW or i thought that the game was that bad, than i'd be playing a different game or hit the mobile gaming scene awhile. It's pretty simple.

I do log on a few times a week *my routine mount farm, LFR, tusks of manny and a few legion raids for xmogs* I'm waiting for 8.2 to hit to really get back into the game.

I understand that many seem to think it's all for the worse, but i'm sure there are positive things that players like about the current version of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in Beijing and it's a pain trying to get the game to even launch. *i recently thought about giving it a try via free trial launcher..but it just won't work* T.T
    The game ain't fun as it used to be, a lot of stuff are wrong and needs to be solved and revamped, but i'm the ones that agree that just pressure to get better might not be the better way to deal with it.i keep playing cause i know if i stop i will just lose a lot of things and i don't want to stay behind in case some day all of this that i don't enjoy gets changed and that i'm fighting to change.

The new children's week stuff was great. Loved both the alliance and horde BFA orphans.

I was just begging for her to choose Jani at the end and when the reveal hit I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.

The positivity is over on wowhead. mmo champ is for the mean folks.

When you have been playing the game through the years from vanilla till now and you noticed this trend in declining addons pretty much after WOTLK, and the way the blizzard devs kept making the same mistakes and the same excuses for those mistakes in their end-of-addon-lets-reflect-on-things threads, it kinda pushes you into this mindset.

I subscribed to the game at addon start, got bored really quickly because with each addon it got watered down more and more, then unsub and check back into it at a later time, only to see that they did not really change it for the better.

You can not hold anything in terms of content addition against them, but the game systems, the way combat works, and the way the classes have changed, this is all negative for me and alot of people who know what the game used to be. You can argue that things might be a bit more balanced now, but balanced means nothing if the game suffers from it because it feels shallow and replaceable.

Mix that with the attitude the devs are showing towards the playerbase, especially the pvp playerbase (which was around 50% for a long time), with these arrogant comments around Legion start where they basically brushed half of their players off as insignificant and "accidents" because they did not anticipate for wow to get a big pvp crowd, when infact it attracted a huge crowd of players who liked exactly that part of the game.

And turning it into an almost exclusive pve game in the recent 2 addons has shown how little they do care about players. They basically did not seem to mind that they shrunk their population by 40% or more for no apparent reason. Did they simply refuse to put any effort into that side of the game or what was it? I still cannot understand why they abandoned that part of the game and left it as a rotting corpse.

Tldr; Imagine enjoying flight simulators. Yay you're flying your favorite airplane at your prefered speed and altitude. Well what about bird-people?, they might want to fly their favorite bird. Lets make the airplanes flap their wings. That should please both crowds. Flap you say.. we should please the flapjack crowd!. Maybe the airplane could function as a flapjack foodtruck!. Boom, 3 crowds. When you started playing you were cruising through the skies, where the distance traveled depended on how long you were in the air, and now you're tumbling clunkily through the air, hitting brick walls serving pancakes.

This is probably more ranty than what i had intended and in no way am i trying to suggest that the counterexamples to the given scenarios are perfect/good solutions to said problems. They mainly exist to somehow try to show the differences in outcome in regards to negativity about the game.

Well. The current iteration is so far from what seemed to be the original vision. Even if there are positive things about bfa it's just a different game alltogether and in a "jack of all trades master of none" situation. The game is less coherent as an mmo and what excited players has likely been watered down to make room for something else thats supposed to accomodate for other players. Earlier patches/expansion felt like refinement rather than complete overhauls which would(could) make the game less recognizable in maybe just one iteration. The most obvious changes(to me anyways) is the changes made in lue of the "bring the player, not the class" mantra. Sure, there are some encounters where class diversity could matter(mass dispell for zul), classes mainly feel like number-output-generators rather than having a defined role in a raid.

Lets say one played a spriest in tbc. Regardless of your output, having the debuffs for the locks and being a mana battery for the healers was nice. Going forward through expansions, these defining utilities were either removed, or spread more evenly through the different classes. What happends then is that its far easier to just look at the output of a class and stack them. But wait. If you only bring a certain class, what about the loot?, surely it's innefficient to have a higher chance of dead drops?
    Well.."problem solved" i guess. With personal loot we can bring as many clothies as we want. And it is encouraging to stack since it's sharable anyways. 5 leather m+ anyone?. The weird thing is, that brings us back to classes(some classes anyways) mattering, just in a far worse way than how they mattered originally(in my opinion)

Also. A lot of people are missing that rewards used to be tied directly to ones investment, without shortcuts. Lets assume you wanted to play as a dark iron dwarf. Guess what. Timegated. "Here's this race we think you'll like", but you're going to have to wait. Sure. There can be reasons for timegating. But to the extent it's being used it feels like we're in a theme park where we can only ride each ride X amount of times because of...why exactly?. And if playing a certain race is really important to someone, all the time spent just waiting to unlock them in the first place, is really just downtime and the investment in the current character may feel useless. I was unlocking the DiD's but quit playing X time ago and started again recently. What would have taken me X amount of time back when i quit, took me roughly X minus days since quitting to unlock. So whats the point if the reward is roughly the same if i started it right away or just wait until after the timegates have expired.

I realize there are better, and many more pressing points be made regarding the matter of input and reward but this was just an obvious point that hit me as i started playing again. All the 7th legion quest chains which got me like 12k rep just like that. I can imagine situations like the, however warranted they might be, are cause of sour taste and fuel for negativity. What could have been positivity "fk yeah, awesome allied race, i want it, i killed those 4000+ mobs for the rep, i earned it, unlocked". Could instead turn into negativity "fk that stupid reskin".

And well. As a general problem to negativity iself. Criticism may often be disguised as negativity. Saying "THIS GAME FKING SUX" could have some valid points buried beneath the layer of capslockrage. And in general it feels like something being "bad" calls for criticism more than something being fine/good calls for praise. Especially since there's no problem to discuss or point out. Negativity tends to snowball when there's mainly subjectivity involved in the arguments. Saying "i miss mop spriest" can really only generate answers like "yeah me too", or "FU voidform for life". And thus the FU-war begins.

Oh.. right.. as for things i like about bfa.
    Duskhaven top hat
    Kinda satisfied with how spriest feels now compared to bfa launch at least.
    I find the music to be pretty good.
    I like the raids
    I like the dungeons more than i did legions. Might be due to spamming m+ so much in legion that the change of scenery alone makes it more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Deg; 2019-05-10 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    The game ain't fun as it used to be, a lot of stuff are wrong and needs to be solved and revamped, but i'm the ones that agree that just pressure to get better might not be the better way to deal with it.i keep playing cause i know if i stop i will just lose a lot of things and i don't want to stay behind in case some day all of this that i don't enjoy gets changed and that i'm fighting to change.
    You just described the Sunk Cost Fallacy. Nice work.

Garbage game tend to attract alot of negativity, its normal.