Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Not nescesarrily, I know some people who like to switch between PC and Xbox which is made easy with cloud saves.

Regardless I'd sooner recommend a console over a gaming PC because unless you're willing to spend at least $2000 there's little point in getting a gaming PC over a console.
    addons. and easier set up for keyboard and mouse (if I could set up keyboard and mouse for my ps 4 reliably, as in for every game I like on it and without having to buy adopter to boot, I would use it a lot more. still not exclusively, because... addons.) $1300 pc will do more then fine playing most things and some things will still look nicer then console versions.

in any case, it all comes down to personal preferences anyways. outside of pc, I just personaly tend to gravitate to sony exclusives. other people might gravitate to xbox ones. hardware is currently near impossible to get for either of the systems, outside of scalpers. and I will probably grab a month or two of xbox pass eventually, there are couple of games i wanted to play, but not enough to invest into another console.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-09-08 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    addons. and easier set up for keyboard and mouse (if I could set up keyboard and mouse for my ps 4 reliably, as in for every game I like on it and without having to buy adopter to boot, I would use it a lot more. still not exclusively, because... addons.)
    Mods are nice but that's still a pretty niche market.

Keyboard and Mouse can be nice for some games and I believe more games on consoles are actually starting to support it but I couldn't say how many actually do at this point.

Personally I'd rather sit on my couch playing on my 55in OLED TV than sitting at my desk. Obviously that's just me some people have fancier set ups but my set up has always prioritized work over play.

Mods are nice but that's still a pretty niche market.

Keyboard and Mouse can be nice for some games and I believe more games on consoles are actually starting to support it but I couldn't say how many actually do at this point.

Personally I'd rather sit on my couch playing on my 55in OLED TV than sitting at my desk. Obviously that's just me some people have fancier set ups but my set up has always prioritized work over play.
    niche market or not, it is a reason to play on PC vs console. a big reason. you said there is little point. I say, mods are a pretty big one. mods are the reason I only play MMO's on pc, even when they are available on console. its also the reason why I play things like mass effect, etc on pc vs console. because mods.

I have comfortable chair and a large screen, both are needed for work applications, but side effect is that it makes playing more fun too. plus... screen mirroring onto TV IS a thing that exists. too bad using keyboard is not comfortable on a couch. I prefer it to controller by far, even after years of playing with one (the controller that is, I wanted to play Uncharted more then I hated getting used to controllers), I still find it clunky and uncomfortable compared to keyboard and mouse. I know people who are exact opposite. but people like me exist plenty, so even if you are not spending $2000 on your PC, you can still build a very decent one for half that price and have better time. /shrug
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-09-08 at 04:24 PM.

This isn't the thread for PC discussion, either. Final warning to stay on topic, please.

Life is Strange True Colors seems to be getting great reviews which is a huge relief after how disappointing two was. No clue if I'll get to it this month. It will largely depend on if I manage to finish Tales of Arise before Lost Judgement comes out.

Seriously this is a really packed month for games and October is only slightly better.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/wccftech/status/...781277701?s=20

I don't know who this is, and I'm only posting cause he has a sizable following, but he needs to put down the crack pipe

Damn they really hand out verified check marks to anyone these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Damn they really hand out verified check marks to anyone these days.
    I mean, it doesn't mean shit to begin with outside of, "This person/company is who they say they are."

The whole blue checkmarks signifying any kind of authority has always been a fairly silly notion.

Really hope it's not true because like...holy pointless hardware, Batman. 8K? For the few hundred folks who game and have 8K TV's? Those aren't gonna see major market penetration for a long, long time, barely anything even supports the format as-is. I mean, I guess it'll be fun to get even more horsepower so we can actually get some proper 4K/60 gaming, especially with ray tracing, but it feels kinda...meh. More pixels and frames are great and all, but I'd love for the hardware to do "something" beyond that. Maybe it's more purpose built for VR and PSVR 2.0 is a massive step up from the first version, with the refresh designed more for that. Who knows, but I don't really see much of a point for it in this decade. 4K is just starting to edge out 1080p TV's, so the next step up ain't coming for quite a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely doubt that guy is doing anything but spinning fiction for clicks, to put it kindly.

4+ years from now is a very long time for hardware, I doubt anyone at Sony even knows this early what exactly the specs on that will be if they put out a mid-gen hardware update in 2024-2025.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    4+ years from now is a very long time for hardware, I doubt anyone at Sony even knows this early what exactly the specs on that will be if they put out a mid-gen hardware update in 2024-2025.
    PS4 R&D began in 2008 shortly after the PS3 released, 5 years before it was released.
    PS3 R&D began in 2001, a year after the PS2 shipped and 5 years before it was released.

It's absolutely fitting with those timelines (can't find confirmed details on the PS5 R&D cycle, though the dev kit was ready by 2018). I'm hardly super informed on this so I'll let others correct me, but between using "dated" hardware in the consoles and being able to fairly reliably predict improvements (Moores law etc.) you can absolutely begin R&D on a new hardware product 5+ years in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could believe a pro in 2024/5, but not at that price with 8k being the main feature lol. Also, i dont think ps5 or series x need a pro. Unlike ps4 or vcr xbone, they aren't outdated on release and will still be great till ps6 and xbox figgerwigger v2 720x hyper pro amp s all digital edition featuring master chief from the halo series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with curated 8k content I can barely tell the difference between 8k and 4k on my 8k television. Maybe my eyes are going bad. Certainly wouldn't notice on a standard sized computer monitor.

A ps5 mini would be preferable to me.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

The PS5 already supports 8k so I doubt they have any plans for a pro version.

The PS5 already supports 8k so I doubt they have any plans for a pro version.
    Supports is different than "plays", this rumor alleges this is for playing 8K games, not just "replaying" 8K content.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Supports is different than "plays", this rumor alleges this is for playing 8K games, not just "replaying" 8K content.
    I was under the impression that the PS5 is supposed to be able to play 8k games already. At least on paper, knowing Sony the feature probably needs to be enabled through an update. Not that it matters since noone is making 8k games at the moment anyways.

I was under the impression that the PS5 is supposed to be able to play 8k games already. At least on paper, knowing Sony the feature probably needs to be enabled through an update. Not that it matters since noone is making 8k games at the moment anyways.
    In that they will support upscaling to 8K, sure (so will Series X eventually as well). But not actual native 8K gaming. But the salient point is that yes, 8K gaming isn't a thing now. 8K screen penetration is abysmal given lack of supply, price, and a total lack of content for it.

8k is not going to be a mainstream thing until this gen is on its last legs. If anything a pro model would just offer more 60 fps or even 120 fps modes at native 4k instead of having to drop the native res down to 1440p or such for those modes. That would be an incredibly freaking niche market and not even close to PS4 Pro and One X. At any rate the current consoles don't have the problem last gen did with potato cpus and ancient 5400 rpm hdds there is a lot more ways to squeeze oomph out of them then last gen where all they could do was increase gpu horse power for the most part. If pro versions happen they will be incredibly niche and have a lower install base then last gens did.

10+ Year Old Account
    That 'PS5 Pro' is probably the new PS5 model that's easier to produce. A Pro version makes zero sense right now. Full 8k when you're barely seeing full 4K games? Come on.

Edit: One tweet says internal development points to late 2024 at the earliest, which is a lot more plausible not versus some nonsense from a very uncredible source.

That would mean internally some said in a meeting that it could be a thing, eventually.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-09-09 at 12:00 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Half a year has passed and there are like 2 exclusives i would play on PS5 and still no asymmetrical controller. I think i will give up on this or possibly entire console gen since I've recently bought VR. I'd say money better spent.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Playstation Showcase in about an hour and 18 minutes. Hope to see some exciting stuff. My biggest hope is FF16.