Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    My PS5 will be seeing so much more use this summer. Soul Hackers 2. More SMT is always hype
    Soul Hackers is more Persona then it is SMT tbh. Cyberpunk Persona without a calendar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do find it interesting that they dropped the Shin Megami Tensei branding though. I actually didn't even know what it was at first when I saw the trailer appear in my sub feed. It makes sense to drop the SMT branding from Persona, since it has eclipsed the main series in sales, but I don't know if the same could be said for Soul Hackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Def excited to try out Soul Hackers 2. I wonder if there will be a benefit to having played Soul Hackers 1? It's on my list to pick up now that the 3DS Eshop is shutting down, but I doubt I'll get around to playing it with how stacked this year is.
    They'd have to be positively insane to make having played a game that old a prerequisite to understanding the story of it. I don't think that's very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I do find it interesting that they dropped the Shin Megami Tensei branding though. I actually didn't even know what it was at first when I saw the trailer appear in my sub feed. It makes sense to drop the SMT branding from Persona, since it has eclipsed the main series in sales, but I don't know if the same could be said for Soul Hackers.
    The SMT branding for Devil Summoner series was dropped ages ago in Japan. The surprising thing is dropping the Devil Summoner brand on top of it lol.

SMT was never used to market Persona in Japan and was dropped off of Persona before the franchise got really popular. Persona 4 Golden is when Persona started to blow up in the west, and it was the game that dropped the SMT branding in the west. Sometimes you should just let a game stand on it's own two feet, the SMT branding didn't do much for vanilla P3 and P4, and wouldn't do much for this IMO.

I personally hated the SMT branding being used on games that are clearly not in SMT settings. Like if they wanted to just put "megaten" on everything that is fine but SMT is clearly "world is already destroyed now remake it with your own ideals". Stuff like Soul Hackers and Persona are standard RPGs about saving a world before it even gets to that point.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-02-21 at 04:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man. Having little to no western games means it wont be complete garbage like usual

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    State of Play tomorrow focusing on Japanese publishers. Fingers crossed for some FF7 news.
    There are pipe dreams and then there is this.

Fingers crossed for a new Soul Hackers PV and Persona 4 Golden port announcement. See what realistic expectations for a state of play look like...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Uh… the producer said they were hoping to release details on part 2 this year. And I said fingers crossed. Which usually is applied to hopes, not expectations. You really need to learn how to interact with other humans.
    There is a somehow a below 0% chance of VII Remake 2 being shown in any form at all before XVI's big media blowout. Sorry I just had to call out the guy who always wants to counter point people for bringing the most ridiculous "fingers crossed" of all time. Must burn.

15+ Year Old Account
    I expect soul hackers, re8 dlc, ai 2, gran blue relink, trails to zero and maybe revire, star ocean 6

With maybes being ff16 and castlevania ds collection

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    trails to zero
    Is a 12 year old PSP game with an isometric perspective and chibi sprites. No way it's going to get shown alongside giants like FF16 or Resident Evil. And it's being localized by NISA, so it will almost assuredly not have full English voice acting like the Japanese release did, so that makes it less presentable to normies on stream if all they're seeing is silent textboxes.

If it does show up, I can't imagine it being more than a 30 second footnote.

gran blue relink
    Hopefully. The trailer that came out a few months back gave me hope that the project will finally be free of the development hell Platinum Games kept it trapped in for half a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Is a 12 year old PSP game with an isometric perspective and chibi sprites. No way it's going to get shown alongside giants like FF16 or Resident Evil. And it's being localized by NISA, so it will almost assuredly not have full English voice acting like the Japanese release did, so that makes it less presentable to normies on stream if all they're seeing is silent textboxes.

If it does show up, I can't imagine it being more than a 30 second footnote.
    State of Play shows trailers for shit tier projects like Volcano High or w/e the fuck that furry high school game was in one of the last ones. Anything is on the table so even some niche ass 12 year old port/localization. I don't expect it but it's not like State of Plays are a high bar for major projects. Playstation Showcases are the ones with the bangers, different from state of plays which show mostly shit. VII Remake and RE8 are the only notable games to ever get big trailers in state of plays.

I'm hoping for Bloodborne remaster and maybe a bloodborne 2 announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    God.. that would be amazing, a Bloodborne 2 :O Uuuuhhhhhhhhhhh!!
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Never going to happen. Sony japan studios is gone, from are too busy with elden ring and bluepoint is working on a new ip.

Bloodborne 2 is not happening period unless Sony buys kadokawa. Bloodborne will probably be remastered or remade at some point but probably not this soon.

FS is probably working on ER DLC and will probably follow it up with a sequel anyways after reception. So yea, that's smoking some goody goody.

Pachter says PS brand dead in 10:

https://www.dualshockers.com/michael...t-in-10-years/

Laughably unlikely imo, but hey, I'm just an armchair analyst.(removed XSX review because it would cause some console war drama needlessly, but let me just say I wasn't impressed to the extent where I'm not super worried for Sony, imo they'll be fine. I snagged 2 XSX during the last big US drop, one for me and one for brother. More of a hedge after the Bethesda buyout really, I'm not interested in CoD or any Blizzard game unless Diablo 4 is somehow incredible, and despite having a badass PC, PC gaming has kinda died on the vine for me since I went OLED in my mancave. My feeling right now is Starfield needs to be legit.)
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-03-09 at 09:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    >the world leading console manufacturer wont be around because of a service the competition has yet is still getting outsold 2:1

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Pachter says PS brand dead in 10:
    https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/...-market-share/

Remember that time that he was predicting that the Vita would eat into Nintendo's handheld marketshare?

Yeah, there's a reason nobody serious takes his public statements seriously. He's great for headlines, but that's about it. I have to imagine he has some actually good analysis when he's getting paid by a client.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was awful, but i was not expecting a new valkyrie game. Looks janky as fuck though

lol those VE graphics look stupid as hell, it looks like the game was made non cel shaded and then had a cel shaded filter put on top of it. Gameplay hard to judge since the visuals where so distractingly bad but I don't have much hope for this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Looked like they gave the trial of mana remake team a budget of 1 can of soda split between 40 people that needed to last a year and a half