Page 2 of 183 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And people are already jumping in trying to turn this into a PC Vs Console debate....ffs
    Well the price of said systems is one of the key arguments in the debate of PC vs console.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    an anonymous poster on Pastebin
    This. A coworker saw this on Friday while we were heading out and I had him check the source since it had been picked up by a few "reputable" sites. I think it was sourced back to GamesRadar (fucking lol) who sourced it back to that pastebin dump.

This is it's near impossible to take 90% of "games journalists" seriously. This is the kind of shit JoesAwesomeBlog.Blogspot.com posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    Is $500 really that much for a console that will last for years? I don't think so.
    Kinda is, when in a year or two they'll release a smaller, sleeker version of it for the same price or cheaper as a promotional sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be glad... if it will be 500 where you live, it is 800 in Norway...

$500 really isn't much for what potentially will be I side the console itself.

If it can do 4k better than the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X and has a 1tb ssd, or better, it's already a fraction of the RRP of any comparatively performing PC.

Just the SSD alone is minimum $100. The graphics card, Ram, processor, etc on top Jack's up the price significantly and way beyond a valid comparison point, at this moment in time.

The leak, whether real or not is based on simple scaling, as whatever comes next for Sony or Microsoft, has to be better than the Pro and the X.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’ll pass unless they have some really good launch titles. That’s way too pricy, it’s like the PS3 all over again.

Completely passing on Xbox this gen since their exclusives for last gen sucked and if they’re any good I can get ‘em on PC now.

Sony is trying to ride exclusives with higher console prices methinks. We'll see how it pans out but I wouldn't play 500 for console. You can get the majority of a good PC for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    500$ is exactly the price you'd expect from a new-gen console. It's the norm.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The PS3 was $600 for the 60GB fully backward compatible version at launch. $500 for the 20GB. Why are people crying?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    500$ is exactly the price you'd expect from a new-gen console. It's the norm.
    Not really, any time it's been priced that high it didn't sell well. Xbox one when force bundled with connect was 500, sold like ass and hurt the console overall.

Ps3 was the same way when it launched at 500 and 600.

Most launches are 400 and under. 400 is the launch sweet spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polly3685 View Post
    The PS3 was $600 for the 60GB fully backward compatible version at launch. 500 for the 20GB. Why are people crying?
    And that's part of the reason xbox won that gen...

Quote Originally Posted by Polly3685 View Post
    The PS3 was $600 for the 60GB fully backward compatible version at launch. $500 for the 20GB. Why are people crying?
    What is market?
    What is competition?
    What is inflation?

Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    Is $500 really that much for a console that will last for years? I don't think so.
    Agree. The only issue is if we see a PS5 pro after only 2 years and most ps5 games running at 20/30 fps on ps5 classic.

Pretty much every industry watcher that has actually scooped things in the past that I follow has said to take this with a mountain of salt.

You can guess what a lot of specs will be just because of what projects AMD currently, so its not like its hard to make a realistic looking leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not really, any time it's been priced that high it didn't sell well. Xbox one when force bundled with connect was 500, sold like ass and hurt the console overall.

Ps3 was the same way when it launched at 500 and 600.

Most launches are 400 and under. 400 is the launch sweet spot.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's part of the reason xbox won that gen...
    I wouldn't say Xbox won that gen at all. Even if that point was conceded, and that's a big if, it would have had a lot more to do with shitty launch titles than the system price point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly expected that much for the PS5. The PS4 pro currently costs $400.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you're even posting this. Weren't you one of the ones along with tech calling me stupid when I suggested that next gen could be more expensive?

LUL ps1 was £500 when it first came out.

including inflation ps5 is basically 1/4 of the price, it should be $2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well the price of said systems is one of the key arguments in the debate of PC vs console.
    The whoole console vs PC debate is just pure nonsense. I have both and some games I prefer on PC and some I prefer on console. Add to this exclusives and the price is the last thing I care.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    What is market?
    What is competition?
    What is inflation?
    If the market supported a $600 system then it can support a $500 one now.
    Competition is always a given but not knowing what the competition is means there is still no reason to cry.
    Not sure you understand how inflation works...

Hmm.. Slightly more than what a ps4 pro costs in Denmark atm, of course they will probably also release a ps5 pro or something which will be way more expensive.