I'd rather the game be good so I'm happy with the roll change

Do not see the point of purchasing a new console on day 1, let alone year one, i usually hold out till they have ample exclusives to peak my interest.
    now with game pass, that's 1 less console to purchase. The ps5 i will buy once it has dropped in price. Much rather spend the cash on a new GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Did they factor in the new generation of AMD and Nvidia? Cause 4k is becoming pretty affordable these months.

Buying a PS5 (or XBOX) just for games is still the correct value move though.
    Errr, define affordable. Even if you scrounge for prices and are willing to cut some corners in graphic settings a complete 4K capable setup is still around 2000 USD. That's not what I'd call affordable for the vast majority of players.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazon finally updated preorders

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I didn't pre order a PS5. . . . I don't think ill be able to get one until Jan next year. /cry

No change from my Amazon Canada pre-order which is probably for the best since it looks like Best Buy pre-order is already getting ready to ship.

Got notification they were about to charge my paypal, preordered through gamestop(they have had 2 seperate holds on full and partial funds since the preorder). I expected the full charge today since reddit said gamestop usually charges about 5 days before they ship and PS5 is a week away in the US. I have not yet been charged. I did get an email saying that it will be shipping soon and requires signature confirmation for delivery, but that fedex may not get a sig because of covid or something but fedex guidelines would be followed, so yada yada yada, take my money.

I wouldn't give up hope, there are always idiots who get a pre-order and don't have the funds to pay for it when the time comes. Just be diligent and I bet you can snag one in the first week.

Stores here are not even advertising them really, hard to find info on their pricing because they dont want to even list them. You have to log in and fill out a "show interest" thingy to get put in a line for when they do become available

I'm gonna wait for a bundle anyway. Hopefully god of war or a from software game do a bundle at some point. New batman game for ps5 if they do a batman console, that might be the winner. Try get a black one instead of white.

The non disc version is so much cheaper than the physical disk reader version. I like me disks so that is disappointing
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-11-05 at 11:28 PM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Demon's Souls remake has also been confirmed for PC if no one knows, but it will be later like they did with Death Stranding.
    ...please don't tease me like this. I see it as very unlikely because it's a console seller.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2020-11-05 at 11:34 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Man, I didn't pre order a PS5. . . . I don't think ill be able to get one until Jan next year. /cry
    Don't feel bad, you'll be glad you held off when all the first run PS5s start bursting into flames lol. Kidding aside, with the exception of the PS4 I've had terrible luck with all the first run PlayStation consoles. Though thankfully none as bad as the original PlayStation which had to be replaced 3 times and finally mailed back to Sony because it had disc skipping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    ...please don't tease me like this. I see it as very unlikely because it's a console seller.
    Timed exclusive is most likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    A story in 3 parts

See you, space cowboy
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-11-06 at 07:37 AM.

Embargos are lifting. Looks like Sekiro and DS3 are running at 60fps and much improved all around on PS5. Bloodborne is capped at 30 and is actually running worse than ps4 pro boost mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Errr, define affordable. Even if you scrounge for prices and are willing to cut some corners in graphic settings a complete 4K capable setup is still around 2000 USD. That's not what I'd call affordable for the vast majority of players.
    You can make a 3070/AMD equivalent 4k capable system with half of that once supply and prices are normalised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Feel ya. Lost track of time and when I went to preorder everyone had sold out.

Man the next 6 days is going to be a really long wait for me.

I have retired my PS4 Pro cause I'm just waiting for my PS5. Looking forward to playing so many games on it and them running so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Embargos are lifting. Looks like Sekiro and DS3 are running at 60fps and much improved all around on PS5. Bloodborne is capped at 30 and is actually running worse than ps4 pro boost mode.
    No it isn't.

Both still have frame pacing issues but its more stable on PS5.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact that df didnt test ff7 or kh3 on xbox/ps5 is a crime against humanity

10+ Year Old Account
    How does Jumping Flash! look on a PS5? And can you PSVR it now?

Ignore the FUD:

https://n4g.com/news/2384143/playsta...-its-fantastic

PS5 BC much better than expected. Looking forward to trying Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro via BC on PS5.

https://n4g.com/news/2384204/playsta...mes-comparison

PS5 Load time, especially from sleep, vs XSX not what I expected, but not a significant difference for me.

My working theory based off high speed MM load times on PS5(and their contradiction to these results) is that games will need to have patches or be coded to take full advantage of the extra bandwidth on XSX and PS5(what that takes the form of, I'm unsure, if this needs to be structural from ground up, or if a patch would suffice). BC games or games without such code will likely see brute force improvements, but there should be further optimizations in the future as new games come out.

IGN review here:

https://n4g.com/news/2384131/playstation-5-review-ign

They seem to have disliked the capacity of the smaller SSD vs the XSX and the size of the console being large, but loved the controller. Same review score as XSX which also has a few hiccups, like lack of launch titles and iteration vs innovation. The performance delta is glossed over for now because we need a significant pool of 3rd party games for comparison.

Also, about the image above:

These devices are not toys running on jaguar, they are running full powered equipment(AMD processors have always been box heaters in my experience, but I'm sure they've gotten better now), and that is a lot of heat to dissipate(which theoretically is based entirely on power usage, in a perfectly insulated box)....I'm gonna say this is just my opinion....but they should not be stored in a closed cabinet. However, if those screens are real it is nice to see Sony implemented temp warnings in the OS to prevent system damage. Please don't close your new computer/console up inside a secondary enclosure, it is already in one!

Forgot to add, Sony recently released a PS4 to PS5 upgrade video with instructions, looks similar to the upgrade to PS4 Pro went.

https://n4g.com/news/2383951/sony-co...sion-at-launch

Also, Sony won't support the expansion slot at launch, so extra storage will be cold for now. That is, it will be archival. I'm not sure if you can play games from an external, or not, but I think they are just archival(which is actually okay with me, considering the improved USB speeds on the console and how obsessed I can get about wear leveling). I also can't confirm, but I heard you could control storage features on PS5 through the new app, so that would be nice.

On extra storage, I think it's a tie between XSX and PS5. I'm not stating these as facts, this is just my best guess based on my understanding so far, but I think it looks something like this?

PS5 expansion feature isn't ready yet
    PS5 has smaller internal SSD than XSX
    PS5 will(supposedly) work with 3rd party SSDs from a compatibility list after OS update at some point in the future
    XSX requires proprietary expansion, apparently(this sucks)
    XSX can play at least some games off external hard drive, likely with increased load times(not sure about PS5)
    XSX SSD has lower raw bandwidth which may or may not come into play in the future

Also, on a side note, I'm not crazy about Sony implementing features after launch. I'm looking at you X900F.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-06 at 04:22 PM.