10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Personally I hope this years graphics cards will be accessible by late spring or early summer and I will upgrade. Though I am more likely spend the money on PS5 than a new graphics card due to what is available to play and the benefits provided.
    Considering the lack of availability of everything right now, I don't see the gaming industry catering to PS5/XSX or a RTX 3k or AMD RX 6k graphic cards. The PS4/XB1 install base is just too large to ignore, and the amount of people with new graphic cards is too low. The #1 graphics card on Steam is still a 4 year old GTX 1060. I don't see any value of getting anything right now, including PS5. Better to wait for the dust to settle and see if prices come down. Also, the PS5 needs better exclusives. Demon Souls and Spiderman is pretty weak. Certainly not work paying over $500 for the scalper edition.

One great thing about the PS5 that perhaps needs to be reitterated after the last few pages, is access to the PS4 library.

We talk a lot about exclusives, and new games. However, we must also remember that not everyone owned a PS4. PS4 is so ubiquitious that we assume that everyone just has one or two lying around, but there is also the crowd who only wanted to get into the PS4, but never did.

It is also vital to know that the original PS4 is a pretty dated machine now from a technical perspective(IMHO). PS4 Pro was a major, gigantic upgrade for anyone with a 4k TV, and PS5 is even more of an upgrade over that. So also people with original PS4s would see absolutely gigantic upgrades moving to PS5.

If there is someone who never owned a PS4, or only owned a PS4 and not a Pro, the PS5 is going to be such a qol upgrade that even without considering any NEW software, I think it is easy to recommend. Just the back library is incredible. Persona 5 Royal, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, God of War, ect.

There is a narrow area that everyone likes to point to, which are PS4 Pro owners who played all Playstation exclusive games already, yet(somehow?) don't trust Playstation to deliver. I do actually have a hard time understanding how someone could have already played the PS4 library this gen, but have doubts on PS5 after MM/Demons Souls launch, but okay I do respect that opinion, I just don't understand it.

Also as a general rule, I don't recommend buying hardware that has a newer revision out, so I can't recommend any other console right now besides the Switch, XSX, or PS5.

PC discussion will be left for another thread, but I also have a gaming PC and play WoW on ultrawide, and I do enjoy great games like Shadowlands, Hades, Disco Elysium, and Crusader Kings. I upgrade it for qol and graphics improvements, not new games, since my current PC can(I assume) play all games that are playable and sold on mainstream hardware.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-12-30 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    One great thing about the PS5 that perhaps needs to be reitterated after the last few pages, is access to the PS4 library.
    Most people who are looking to get a PS5 probably already have a PS4.
    We talk a lot about exclusives, and new games. However, we must also remember that not everyone owned a PS4. PS4 is so ubiquitious that we assume that everyone just has one or two lying around, but there is also the crowd who only wanted to get into the PS4, but never did.
    If those people couldn't get into PS4 gaming due to finances then the PS5 is going to be impossible for them. They either got a Xbox One and didn't feel the exclusives on the PS4 were worth pay for another console, or they have a PC. I know some people here can afford to own all the consoles but in reality most people can't afford more than one.
    It is also vital to know that the original PS4 is a pretty dated machine now from a technical perspective(IMHO). PS4 Pro was a major, gigantic upgrade for anyone with a 4k TV, and PS5 is even more of an upgrade over that. So also people with original PS4s would see absolutely gigantic upgrades moving to PS5.
    I can't imagine how anyone can say that console gaming is cheap when they upgrade their console every few years. If you bought a PS4, PS4 Pro, and now a PS5 at launch prices then you spent $400+$400+$500=$1,300. People can make fun of my Sega CD + 32X combo but that offered me revolutionary new games that incidentally uses 3 outlets and took up less space than a PS4+PS4Pro+PS5. All to play the same games with slightly better graphics.
    If there is someone who never owned a PS4, or only owned a PS4 and not a Pro, the PS5 is going to be such a qol upgrade that even without considering any NEW software, I think it is easy to recommend. Just the back library is incredible. Persona 5 Royal, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, God of War, ect.
    Persona 5 is also on PS3, which I was able to play on PC without issue. I wouldn't call it a good game though.
    There is a narrow area that everyone likes to point to, which are PS4 Pro owners who played all Playstation exclusive games already, yet(somehow?) don't trust Playstation to deliver. I do actually have a hard time understanding how someone could have already played the PS4 library this gen, but have doubts on PS5 after MM/Demons Souls launch, but okay I do respect that opinion, I just don't understand it.
    Nobody said they don't trust Playstation to deliver, but that the launch titles for the PS5 is weak. You can call Demon Souls a remake but it does look like the same game. Maybe if they made BloodBorne 2 instead. Maybe some new IP entirely. The two best games you can get on the PS5 right now are in my opinion remasters of older games, that happen to cost $70.

The problems the PS5 has right now is...

A. You can't find a PS5 for $500 right now. You'd be lucky to find one for $1k.
    B. The games cost $70 officially, where on XSX and PC there's no official announcement of pricing being $70.
    C. The best exclusive games on the PS5 is a remaster of a PS3 and PS4 game. Which means you're playing games that a PS3 and PS4 could do for about $570, if you're lucky. If you wanna play Demon Souls online then you'll need to pay another $10 per month. Paying $580 to play an 11 year old game seems excessive.
    D. All the hot new PS5 exclusives are literally exclusive to the PS5, while Halo Infinite is going to be released on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Windows. So as a Xbox One owner who can't find an affordable XSX, you can still play Halo Infinite. If you're a PC gamer then you're not forced to buy a console to play one game. Sony has literally abandoned their PS4, including the PS4 Pro which was released 4 years ago. If I were a PS4 Pro owner I'd feel pissed like Sony is treating my machine like a Sega Dreamcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    C. The best exclusive games on the PS5 is a remaster of a PS3 and PS4 game. Which means you're playing games that a PS3 and PS4 could do for about $570, if you're lucky. If you wanna play Demon Souls online then you'll need to pay another $10 per month. Paying $580 to play an 11 year old game seems excessive.
    Demon Souls Remake is a remake not a remaster. There's a lot more development that goes into remakes then remasters.

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-30 at 06:19 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Why do you keep bringing up PC to a ps5 thread?

It should be about time for people to accept things as they are and stop trying to justify their purchases every chance they get. If you're insecure about them that's another matter but this isn't the right place for it.

I don't care.
    Because the argument of "muh PC exclusives" is a poor argument for telling someone to upgrade their PC GPU over buying a PS5.

A reasonable argument would have been if the point being argued was that someone could play multi-platforms on their PC in a better state than now, but there really isn't a whole lot of games exclusive to PC requiring that sort of hardware upgrade.

Persona 5 is also on PS3
    Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal are not the same thing. Not that I'm surprised you continue to spout false information. Comparing Persona 5 to Persona 5 Royal is even worse then comparing Demon's Souls to Demon's Remake. The king of bad comparisons. Not only was the base game heavily altered in Persona 5 Royal there is about 20-30 hours of new story content in the game on top of that. So yes, have fun playing an inferior dated version of the game with dated canon on a PS3 emulator. You're sure selling people on that!

Demon's Souls PS3 and Demon's Souls PS5 are not comparable, Persona 5 PS3 and Persona 5 Royal PS4 are not comparable. Sorry for the newsflash. Instead of trying to hard to downplay the console you should just exit the thread tbh. Your comparisons get worse by the post and your stretches are at a point that Armstrong himself doesn't know if they can come back.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Because the argument of "muh PC exclusives" is a poor argument for telling someone to upgrade their PC GPU over buying a PS5.

A reasonable argument would have been if the point being argued was that someone could play multi-platforms on their PC in a better state than now, but there really isn't a whole lot of games exclusive to PC requiring that sort of hardware upgrade.
    And why are you even arguing any of that? Leave pc out of this thread...

But you can't help it can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    And why are you even arguing any of that? Leave pc out of this thread...

But you can't help it can you?
    Just responding to you posting about PC in a PS5 thread in the first place, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Just responding to you posting about PC in a PS5 thread in the first place, buddy.
    Well that's not true considering I've been saying from the start for people to stop comparing them.

I think it's time you accept every platform has their benefits instead of being obsessed with one

So you don't think Persona 5 was a good game then?

Edit: Also, Elden Ring and Silksong hype today. Not any particular site I have a link for, but I saw some rumors/news about these two games today, and they are both very anticipated by me for various platforms.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-12-30 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Demon Souls Remake is a remake not a remaster. There's a lot more development that goes into remakes then remasters.

Demon Souls in my opinion is a remaster not a remake. The gameplay is the same to a fault, which means nothing was changed beyond graphics and art. It's an extensive remaster, but there's no new content or changes to the gameplay to improve it. Demon Soul's isn't that old of a game to get a remake. Your photo looks better than the original, but that's an artistic choice. Here's the Fat Official from Demon Soul's PS3 vs PS5 and I like the PS3 version better. Otherwise it plays exactly the same 1:1 with a few quality of life improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal are not the same thing. Not that I'm surprised you continue to spout false information. Comparing Persona 5 to Persona 5 Royal is even worse then comparing Demon's Souls to Demon's Remake. The king of bad comparisons. Not only was the base game heavily altered in Persona 5 Royal there is about 20-30 hours of new story content in the game on top of that. So yes, have fun playing an inferior dated version of the game with dated canon on a PS3 emulator. You're sure selling people on that!
    Persona 5 Royal is just Persona 5 with DLC included. Plots the same, extra content, quality of life, and looks the same. They also changed the music which is probably the only part of the game I liked, and I hear that the Royal version isn't as good. So yea it's Persona 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    So you don't think Persona 5 was a good game then?
    I hated it. I don't understand how people like this game. Firstly there's a lot of stuff that wastes my time. I have to answer questions on a test correctly, and go earn money in a boring job, and go to places to improve my characters stats by doing boring stuff. When I'm doing gameplay it's alright but it took me a week and a lot of spreadsheets to make the ultimate Persona. I made a persona so powerful that it was immune to most attacks and it only took a few hits to defeat the final boss. Which apparently I'm not suppose to do on my first play through as this game was meant to be played over and over. No thanks, screw that.

The game was grindy in some parts, and had far too much down time between battles with real life crap. The main part of Persona 5 is building a persona which is extremely complicated and further pushes for more farming. A little grinding is OK but stuff that takes me a week to accomplish has gone too far. Also the story sucked as I knew the two little girls were the same person from the start. I'm thinking, "you two annoying little girls are going to merge later like DBZ fusion right"?

If you liked the game then power to you but I didn't like it. No sir.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2020-12-31 at 03:01 AM.

Demon Souls in my opinion is a remaster not a remake. The gameplay is the same to a fault, which means nothing was changed beyond graphics and art. It's an extensive remaster, but there's no new content or charges to the gameplay to improve it. Demon Soul's isn't that old of a game to get a remake. Your photo looks better than the original, but that's an artistic choice. Here's the Fat Official from Demon Soul's PS3 vs PS5 and I like the PS3 version better. Otherwise it plays exactly the same 1:1 with a few quality of life improvements.

Persona 5 Royal is just Persona 5 with DLC included. Plots the same, extra content, quality of life, and looks the same. They also changed the music which is probably the only part of the game I liked, and I hear that the Royal version isn't as good. So yea it's Persona 5.

I hated it. I don't understand how people like this game. Firstly there's a lot of stuff that wastes my time. I have to answer questions on a test correctly, and go earn money in a boring job, and go to places to improve my characters stats by doing boring stuff. When I'm doing gameplay it's alright but it took me a week and a lot of spreadsheets to make the ultimate Persona. I made a persona so powerful that it was immune to most attacks and it only took a few hits to defeat the final boss. Which apparently I'm not suppose to do on my first play through as this game was meant to be played over and over. No thanks, screw that.

The game was grindy in some parts, and had far too much down time between battles with real life crap. The main part of Persona 5 is building a persona which is extremely complicated and further pushes for more farming. A little grinding is OK but stuff that takes me a week to accomplish has gone too far. Also the story sucked as I knew the two little girls were the same person from the start. I'm thinking, "you two annoying little girls are going to merge later like DBZ fusion right"?

Whatever they want to call it really. It plays the same, has the same content but looks better. Baaam 70 moneys please.

Why should I care they had to make the game from the ground up?

Not saying the game isn't good but if people liked the ps3 version then they'll like the ps5 version just as much because it's the same bloody game.

Sorry but Vash doesn't get to define what a remaster is with his own headcanon. It's a remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1cpKV85v90 This is a remaster literally using everything from the original game just upscaling textures, improved lighting and better res/framerate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAv-ajC1bWg&t=862s This is a remake, literally everything is different except the timings and AI. They even remade ALL of the animations but kept them at the exact same timings which is far harder then flat out remaking them so claiming this game is a remaster shows flat out disrespect for game development and a lack of knowledge on it in general. It would of actually been easier for Bluepoint to not keep the same AI and timings since literally everything else was remade from ground up, keeping those faithful to the original was more work on them to keep original fans happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying the game isn't good but if people liked the ps3 version then they'll like the ps5 version just as much because it's the same bloody game.
    They will like the PS5 version more because it has far better netcode and runs at a locked 60 fps not a dogshit 20-30. Oh and it's also relevant with a player base and online servers you know, something the original doesn't have anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever they want to call it really. It plays the same, has the same content but looks better. Baaam 70 moneys please.
    This brings back bad memories of Dark Souls Remastered because as a PC gamer there's no need for remasters unless you screwed up the original, which they did. Since I already owned Dark Souls on PC then the Remaster was $20 and that was bearable. Patching the original would have been better. Console owners complain about Cyberpunk 2077 while we PC users had to pay $20 for a patch from FROM software. Also keep in mind the PS3 version no longer has online play because Sony shut down the servers, which now feels like you're paying for a $70 fee to play online once again.
    I certainly don't care for the graphics improvement. It does look better but not $70 better. It's not even on PS4 or PC so it isn't just $70 plus $570 plus $10 for online play, assuming someone can find a PS5 for $500. Cyberpunk 2077 is game of the year and Sony pulled it from the store. Again, not Demon Souls but Cyberpunk 2077. This is the game to be playing right now. It's a new IP with new everything and looks better than Demon Souls on the PS5, and it costs $60 which is available on PS4, XB1, and PC. Despite all the set backs for Cyberpunk, it did sell 13 million copies. Only 2.5 million PS5's have sold, so Demon Soul's couldn't have sold more than 2.5 million copies. BTW, this is the reason why Sony is probably going to have timed releases of their games to PC because they're losing millions of dollars right now. Demon Soul's could have been ported to PS4 with a lower frame rate and they would have banked.

Don't get me wrong, if Demon Souls was available on PC and cost $40 then I wouldn't mind taking a nostalgia trip with better graphics. I wouldn't pay $60 for Demon Soul's HD, let alone $70 plus a $500 console. The only reason I'd be interested is for the online play since when I played it a few years ago I didn't get to experience online play, which means I gotta pay another $10 per month. Not worth anywhere near that much to play Demon Souls.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2020-12-30 at 10:58 PM.

Really don't get why you guys keep replying to them two, when its clear they are just here to shit on Demon's Souls/PS5.

Vash even has openly admitted to pirating games many times.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but Vash doesn't get to define what a remaster is with his own headcanon. It's a remake.
    I say and do what I want. You can't call FF7 a Remake and Demon Souls a Remake. We would need a new definition of what FF7 is because that's not even close. Gameplay is different, everything is different. A Remaster is graphics upgrade and that's what Demon Souls is. Doesn't matter if they use a new engine, models, and textures. In that case Skyrim Special Legendary Edition is now 64-bit and uses DX11 instead of DX9, and has better textures, but it's not a remake or remaster. If it plays the same and acts the same then it's a remaster.

Is Doom 64 a remake? I rest my case.
    This is a remake, literally everything is different except the timings and AI.
    Everything graphically is different. It plays the same otherwise.
    They even remade ALL of the animations but kept them at the exact same timings which is far harder then flat out remaking them so claiming this game is a remaster shows flat out disrespect for game development and a lack of knowledge on it in general. It would of actually been easier for Bluepoint to not keep the same AI and timings since literally everything else was remade from ground up, keeping those faithful to the original was more work on them to keep original fans happy.
    There were some things they should have improved. Some of the enemy AI is a little too dumb, and one of the bosses in the game is a joke. They could have made the missing extra content that FROM software said they were going to do, but didn't.
    They will like the PS5 version more because it has far better netcode and runs at a locked 60 fps not a dogshit 20-30. Oh and it's also relevant with a player base and online servers you know, something the original doesn't have anymore.
    You can't praise Sony for a feature they originally took away. They get no bonus points for that. That means at some point when there's a PS6 then Demon Souls for the PS5 will eventually lose online play. That shit isn't funny.

Demon Souls in my opinion is a remaster not a remake. The gameplay is the same to a fault, which means nothing was changed beyond graphics and art. It's an extensive remaster, but there's no new content or charges to the gameplay to improve it. Demon Soul's isn't that old of a game to get a remake. Your photo looks better than the original, but that's an artistic choice. Here's the Fat Official from Demon Soul's PS3 vs PS5 and I like the PS3 version better. Otherwise it plays exactly the same 1:1 with a few quality of life improvements.

The Persona games have never been anything but life simulators/fetish games for weebs. And this is coming from someone who likes to watch a lot of anime. Even I can’t stomach the Persona games.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s just funny/sad to see people absolutely fanboy/gush over the game and say they’re happy to pay $70 for the same damn game but with shinier graphics. People are either suckers or they simply don’t care that Sony is milking them for all they are worth.

The fact that Sony is being praised for giving people the same game as before, charging even MORE for it, while having it be the only REAL launch title for the PS5 speaks volumes to just how far gone Sony supporters are and how they are ok with just about anything Sony does, as long as it’s Sony doing it.

The fact alone that Sony said “we are going to have to start charging $70 for our first party titles because reasons” and Sony Ponies everywhere were like “ok, here’s my money” says everything about the situation.

I’m not a Microsoft fanboy, but if they had pulled a stunt like that, the same people in this thread that are ok with Sony doing it would be laughing and pointing at MS and calling them stupid over it. It just goes to show just how much of a fanatic fan base Sony has garnered, and it’s really quite sad.
    Last edited by nuffisenough; 2020-12-31 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuffisenough View Post
    I’m not a Microsoft fanboy, but if they had pulled a stunt like that
    MS would of actually needed a launch game to "pull a stunt like that". The amount of hoops you are trying to jump through makes all your points, non points.

FTR Sony launched 4 games with the PS5 so claiming Demon's Souls is the only one is false. Playroom is free and they could of got away with charging $20 for it if they wanted to, Sackboy is $60 and could of been $70 if they wanted it to be and Miles Morales is $50 and they could of just forced people to buy SM Remastered with it for $70 if they wanted to. Some amazing stunt the pulled my dude, I guess actually supporting your hardware with games is a bad thing now.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-31 at 04:38 AM.

MS would of actually needed a launch game to "pull a stunt like that". The amount of hoops you are trying to jump through makes all your points, non points.

FTR Sony launched 4 games with the PS5 so claiming Demon's Souls is the only one is false. Playroom is free and they could of got away with charging $20 for it if they wanted to, Sackboy is $60 and could of been $70 if they wanted it to be and Miles Morales is $50 and they could of just forced people to buy SM Remastered with it for $70 if they wanted to. Some amazing stunt the pulled my dude, I guess actually supporting your hardware with games is a bad thing now.
    ^ Case in point. Thanks for proving what I just said. Cheers.

I guess scalpers + covid delay on new games is making people go crazy.

Its a new console, its pretty cut and dry. You'll either buy one and enjoy the exclusives/games on it. Or you wont. Debating weither or not you "Should" buy it is completely bonkers. People know what they are getting by now.