Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Why would you do this? Just wondering.

This article and what happened occurred years ago, so its easy to check what really happened. First off, the Reps that didn't sign off agreed to not vote for any Dem bill until the Bush tax cuts were extended. They were also concerned that the bill was going to be paid by increasing the excise tax that would violate in place trade treaties. All of this was changed a couple months after this bill passed in the article you linked. So the bill in the article you linked passed in Sep 2010 but was later changed and voted Yes by the people you are criticizing in Dec of 2010, after the Bush tax cuts were extended and the use of the excise tax was omitted.
    There are enough stories about how first-responders have been utterly ruined by medical costs for their bravery and gotten absolutely no kind of aid what so ever. As others have pointed out, there's even been outright opposition and attempts to STOP giving those people help.

The $7.3 billion dollars they got on 9/11 came from donations from private citizens and businesses.

Not sure why the government should chip in on a private thing.

The fund should launch a gofundme campaign. People will donate.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Oh I'm quite current... and my statement still stands... you were something enough to bring up a 2.5 year old event... If you aren't upset what would you like to flail your arms about and characterize your emotion as?
    The 9/11 first responders are still campaigning for health care for their long term injuries. So no, it's still current.

Dunno where you're getting this emotion from, I'm just pointing out an obvious hypocrisy. I do it almost every day on here.

Can only assume that this thread upsets you for some reason and you'd like to imagine I'm as emotional about it as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you don't care about 9/11 op.
    But that's not relevant to the thread, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    The $7.3 billion dollars they got on 9/11 came from donations from private citizens and businesses.
    You're thinking of the "September 11th Fund". That was private and closed in 2004.

This is in reference to the similarly named but entirely separate "September 11th Victim Compensation Fund".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://www.nj.com/politics/2016/09/...ders_they.html

These are the guys who feigned indignation over Ilhan Omar's phrasing. But when it came to actually helping the people affected by 9/11... guess who turned out to be the real virtue signallers.
    so you want to give them yearly bonuses forever because they were at the world trade center doing their job?

10+ Year Old Account
    The 9/11 first responders are still campaigning for health care for their long term injuries. So no, it's still current.

Dunno where you're getting this emotion from, I'm just pointing out an obvious hypocrisy. I do it almost every day on here.

Can only assume that this thread upsets you for some reason and you'd like to imagine I'm as emotional about it as you are.

But that's not relevant to the thread, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

You're thinking of the "September 11th Fund". That was private and closed in 2004.

This is in reference to the similarly named but entirely separate "September 11th Victim Compensation Fund".
    Perhaps you should address your concerns to your member of Congress, certainly they can bring it up to their boss the Speaker, maybe take so time out to actually do their jobs.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Perhaps you should address your concerns to your member of Congress, certainly they can bring it up to their boss the Speaker, maybe take so time out to actually do their jobs.
    I mean I could but Australian Senators probably don't have a lot of pull in the US Congress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    so you want to give them yearly bonuses forever because they were at the world trade center doing their job?
    Um, it's for long-term health effects they're experiencing years after the attacks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/9-...g-term-n908306

I mean, maybe if you had a decent system of healthcare in the first place this wouldn't be an issue...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I could but Australian Senators probably don't have a lot of pull in the US Congress.

- - - Updated - - -

Um, it's for long-term health effects they're experiencing years after the attacks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/9-...g-term-n908306

I mean, maybe if you had a decent system of healthcare in the first place this wouldn't be an issue...
    Point taken... not like members of Congress listen to us anyway.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both sides do this from time to time. Attach some moralistic policy to a spending bill for example, it gets rejected by the other side because of the fiscal aspect, but the other side is attacked for being against moralistic piece. Have some of y'all just recently fell ass backwards into politics?

Some of y'all really think the GOP gets off on harming people? That their rank and file followers' patriotism is just all bullshit? All this fake outrage is just bullshit. Bullshit everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Some of y'all really think the GOP gets off on harming people? That their rank and file followers' patriotism is just all bullshit?
    Yes, and yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yes, and yes.
    And all Democrats are traitorous commies, right?

Congratulations, you have a similar mindset of trailer trash.

And all Democrats are traitorous commies, right?
    Congratulations, you have a similar mindset of trailer trash.
    Congratulations. You haven't a clue about current events.

But keep your head buried firmly in the sand.

Both sides do this from time to time. Attach some moralistic policy to a spending bill for example, it gets rejected by the other side because of the fiscal aspect, but the other side is attacked for being against moralistic piece.
    And then if later they try to appear sanctimonious about that same issue, they can be called on the obvious hypocrisy.

Some of y'all really think the GOP gets off on harming people?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...eds-be-hurting

That their rank and file followers' patriotism is just all bullshit?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-democrat-ohio

It's possible that "vastx" might be speaking of Russian patriotism.
    And in that regard has no problem defending the miserable shits that refuse to help those first responders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of y'all really think the GOP gets off on harming people? That their rank and file followers' patriotism is just all bullshit?
    I mean if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I just finished explaining that I'm not upset. Please try to keep up.
    Protip: Ignore that guy.