Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

what's it called when you are so detached from humanity but still seek companionship?

when you hate humans so much to where you don't even see yourself as human or look people in the eyes anymore but have this horrible consuming feeling of trying to see if there is at least one person on the planet that can be your friend and never finding it, what do you call the symptom? Is it pretty much sociopathy or does that last bit somewhat invalidate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Being an edge lord?

Or misanthropy?
    the question is, does still trying to halfheartedly believe there is one good person out there still make you a sociopath if you're otherwise incapable of feeling anything and are so withered from the loathing and apathy for 99% of people

I think a lot of people that reach this point do so because they feel flawed in some huge way that will make them the butt of jokes if they go out in public. In the past, such individuals could find christian church groups to associate with but with the increasing loss of religion I'm not sure where such people can turn to in todays world. And with the ban on religious talk, I don't even think I'm allowed to go into detail to help someone in that scenario. Sorry.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    the question is, does still trying to halfheartedly believe there is one good person out there still make you a sociopath if you're otherwise incapable of feeling anything and are so withered from the loathing and apathy for 99% of people
    Confirmed.... Edge Lord

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    It's called too much internet and too little social interaction in real life.
    You can't expect to make real lasting friendship online if you dont meet them irl too like 99% of the time.

You are clearly capable of feeling things. You aren't a sociopath, but if you are I would suggest a therapist/doctor/psychologist.

This sounds like an angsty blog written by an emo/scene kid when I was in middle school.

when you hate humans so much to where you don't even see yourself as human
    Well - I have the opposite problem, I'm hated so much by humans that I've forgotten what it means to be human or even alive. Total isolation has that effect.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Tfw you can recognise a Tsugunai thread from the title alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You are clearly capable of feeling things. You aren't a sociopath, but if you are I would suggest a therapist/doctor/psychologist.

This sounds like an angsty blog written by an emo/scene kid when I was in middle school.
    it's far worse to be in your mid-40s with this feeling though. You can't even muster the strength to get mad as much as feeling dejected and out of energy.

it's far worse to be in your mid-40s with this feeling though. You can't even muster the strength to get mad as much as feeling dejected and out of energy.
    I really just suggest a professional - there might be a few here but you should see someone to talk about this sort of thing if you;re being sincere.

When I can't repair my car I take it to a mechanic, I don't just ignore it.

People who suffer from autism have trouble with relationships even though they still seek companionship.

Speaking from personal experience.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It's called online dating.

10+ Year Old Account
    If life seems jolly rotten,

There's something you've forgotten!

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,

Don't be silly chumps,

Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!

And always look on the bright side of life

Come on!
    Always look on the bright side of life

Last edited by Themerlin; 2019-04-19 at 04:58 PM.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Have you ever thought that maybe you're the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Still pretending to be in your 40's eh?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    when you hate humans so much to where you don't even see yourself as human or look people in the eyes anymore but have this horrible consuming feeling of trying to see if there is at least one person on the planet that can be your friend and never finding it, what do you call the symptom? Is it pretty much sociopathy or does that last bit somewhat invalidate it?
    Sociopath

/10char

Get some medical help and then seek a relationship(sounds like you have depression).

Also, the thing you're going to have to realize is that no one is 100% a match for anyone else. They will always have a quirk you hate. The trick is to learn not to hate the quirk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Have you ever thought that maybe you're the problem?
    I don't hurt anybody.

Hmm.. Deppression and projection/deflection?