Poll: Your Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019

Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Blizzcon 2019 - Your Hype Level

I've been a fan of Blizzard since the Starcraft 1 / Warcraft 3 era. I never got a chance to go to a Blizzcon due to money / travel distance, but I finally might be able to go this year. Tickets should be going on sale in the next month. Given how bad last year was and the current company's status, I'm not sure if it's worth the $$$ to go now.

However, I also keep hearing rumblings of "if you go to one Blizzcon ever, go to Blizzcon 2019". Not sure if it's just a rumor mill drumming up hype, but if they had absolutely nothing for 2018, it stands to reason they should have at least 1 or 2 big announcements, including the new WoW expansion.

So lemme gauge MMO-C's hype for Blizzcon 2019.

No hype at all because the Blizzard of Today is no where near what it used to be. Might as well call it Activisioncon . I mean even moral at Blizzard has to be rock bottom these dyas. I cant see them putting any heart or soul in to Blizzcon. It will be a simple cash grab that really doesn't offer much like last year
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m like eh fuck it. They’ll likely announce D4 but I have no hopes for it after D3 and that garbage mobile shit. I’ll have classic out by then so I’ll be playing it and enjoying the game once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I’m like eh fuck it. They’ll likely announce D4 but I have no hopes for it after D3 and that garbage mobile shit. I’ll have classic out by then so I’ll be playing it and enjoying the game once again.
    I had hopes for Classic but I get the feeling they will change it enough to fuck it all up

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really excited for Blizzcon now days, there'd have to be something pretty fucking epic to make me excited about it, but obviously we wont know til it happens.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. New WoW expac (obvious)
    2. Usual crap for rest Blizz games.
    3. Some mobile Warcraft project (although I don't think they want to announce such projects on Blizzcon after 2018...).
    4. Next game for "reforged" team (Diablo 2?)
    5. And I feel stupid to even thinking about it... but Diablo 4.

And hard to be hyped for annual November event in April. I love Christmas, but I'm not hyped for them before October ;P.

None at all lol.

Last year after that Diablo Immortal stunt and the rest of it I've lost nearly all faith in them to do another decent Blizzcon.

Knowing them they will probably try and plug Activisions products like last year. Pathetic that was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure im gonna go this year.

I went last year and in 2015 - I wanna be there for an xpac announcement year, esp if D4 gets announced too.

Granted I've always been able to buy a ticket when ive tried going before - last year I got a ticket for me on the first day and then a ticket for someone else and their SO the second buying time, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first year I wasn't able to get one.

We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I had hopes for Classic but I get the feeling they will change it enough to fuck it all up
    Well so far they’ve been sticking to their guns about giving us the best true to form classic experience. Only one thing left is the 1.12 item situation. If they don’t revert the items to their pre patch stage it’ll be pretty lame because then we will have stuff like the blue PvP set just be flat out better than BWL items.

My Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019 is Ehh i just watch it cause i watch the live stream with my guild mates its just kinda like a tradition at this point.
    So im just kinda looking forward to the guild banter more so then the actual event.
    I just hope we get something nicer in game this time around those stupid banners where just trash
    Last edited by RaZz0r; 2019-04-18 at 08:36 PM.

There's a good chance we'll see a D4 announcement (because if they don't have something by then then I really do think the project is dead and will go the way of Titan), we'll get announcements on 8.3/8.4 and potentially expansion/9.0 stuff. Plus there's the chance that some other projects/things get announced.

But mostly, it all depends on if they really do have a d4 announcement.

Things that would get me excited but most likely won't happen:

-Warcraft movie (props sold)
    -Something entirely new for Wow (notgonna happen, devs are too old for this shit)
    -Warcraft 4 (no way since now we have reforged)
    -A new game that is not HotS level of garbage (nah, they're probably happy with what they have as games now)
    -Overwatch single player
    -Starcraft 3

Normal. I will read whats new on mmo-c.

I would buy a ticket To California and a pass for Blizzcon if they brought All the devs out on stage and fired them ( minus art and music ) . That would get me hyped .

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Potentially, this would be a good year to visit blizzcon. Potential announcments:
    -new wow expansion.
    -new diablo game.
    -new project alltogether.
    Mmm I don't think they're going to show the next WoW expansion. They'll likely highlight the next/last raid/zone and show off some bits, maybe announce some new allied races.

They're either going to double down on Diablo Mobile this year or show something new

Your last bit I feel is the most feasible option, it's been a while since they've put out a new franchise and they just openly admitted to doing a ton of hiring for a new project, so it's certainly the most possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've been a fan of Blizzard since the Starcraft 1 / Warcraft 3 era. I never got a chance to go to a Blizzcon due to money / travel distance, but I finally might be able to go this year. Tickets should be going on sale in the next month. Given how bad last year was and the current company's status, I'm not sure if it's worth the $$$ to go now.

However, I also keep hearing rumblings of "if you go to one Blizzcon ever, go to Blizzcon 2019". Not sure if it's just a rumor mill drumming up hype, but if they had absolutely nothing for 2018, it stands to reason they should have at least 1 or 2 big announcements, including the new WoW expansion.

So lemme gauge MMO-C's hype for Blizzcon 2019.
    Too early for hype level for me.

But the inclusion of Vulpera in the Brewfest files makes me believe a future to be prepared for. Though, currently, I am expecting new expansion news and an apology from last year. VT-BlizzCon 2018 was the worst handled VT-BlizzCon ever - and I've followed all the Virtual Ticket BlizzCons.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    1. New WoW expac (obvious)
    2. Usual crap for rest Blizz games.
    3. Some mobile Warcraft project (although I don't think they want to announce such projects on Blizzcon after 2018...).
    4. Next game for "reforged" team (Diablo 2?)
    5. And I feel stupid to even thinking about it... but Diablo 4.

And hard to be hyped for annual November event in April. I love Christmas, but I'm not hyped for them before October ;P.
    *2 Less than usually if it comes to HotS.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Blizzcon should be named Activicon by now. Blizzard has cemented itself so deep into Activisions roots that I don't see them digging themselves out at this point. So basically what I expect:

WoW: New expansion with more faceroll singleplayer content and more microtransactions

Diablo 3: Lots of updates for Diablo Immortal with no Diablo 4 in sight

Starcraft: Maybe some tournaments, for the rest nothing

Overwatch: Tournaments, maybe a new hero or map

Heroes of the Storm: Wouldn't be surprised if they completely ditched their HotS panel

Hearthstone: New expansion

Classics (WoW Classic and WC3: Reforged): Not sure if they get a panel, could be fun if they did

Its basically the same stuff that you can expect them to add like every 3 months, nothing tog et excieted about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Mmm I don't think they're going to show the next WoW expansion. They'll likely highlight the next/last raid/zone and show off some bits, maybe announce some new allied races.

They're either going to double down on Diablo Mobile this year or show something new

Your last bit I feel is the most feasible option, it's been a while since they've put out a new franchise and they just openly admitted to doing a ton of hiring for a new project, so it's certainly the most possible.
    They may back off diablo mobile now that China is punishing video gamers there. 2020 is the year the social program is set to be fully rolled out , but its already having a impact . So not only is the govt watching you if you play games too much, you can be turned in by other players . Dont know if this is gonna put a damper on the mobile game or not. Rest of Asia seems to be more into Mobile games then the west

BTW didnt they fire most of the people who organized and put on Blizzcons?