Poll: Your Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    The most hyped I've been in a long time, a lot of amazing things that will be announced and talked about. Unfortunately, the hype has been turning into fear the last few days because of the dumb controversy shit, hopefully it will die out by Blizzcon just like every other internet outrage and we can have a good time. You're not a hero or a liberator by not playing certain games and boycotting a company for something you'd do yourself if you were a company of that size, you're just an idiot with a keyboard.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2019-10-13 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I really wish self-righteous people didn't think protesting was important but not protest over the same things occurring in 17 other countries. All protestors are saying the people in Hong Kong are above those in other countries with worse situations. But you're right. Screw China, amirite? If you're not going to protest for the same rights for everyone everywhere, then you have no reason in protesting in the first place. Blizzard didn't stand up for those people in those countries either. You know, now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing "SirCowdog" protesting for people's rights worldwide when I read the news this morning.

People protesting right now have a wonderful cause, yes, but they're all so misguided it's pathetic. It's why seldom has protesting every actually made a difference (it has happened on several occasions, but it's super rare in the grand scheme of things). Only the people in Hong Kong have the right to protest for their own rights. If you want to defend their rights, good on you, but you need to go over there and do it. If you're going to do it from a distance, you better be protesting for every country where people are even worse off than Hong Kong, otherwise, you're a hypocrite.
    I know how easy it is to ignore problems.

But I also think it's not fair to claim that a person should concern themselves with everything. That's the path to madness, and is not even a very legitimate argument to make. It's perfectly alright for a person to focus their attention on one set of problem. In this case, and for many other gamers, Blizzard's actions bring relevance to the issue that allows people to have that focus.

You seem to think that just because a person is doing what they can, but not also spreading themselves so thin by trying to do everything, is pathetic? Screw you, buddy. That's bullshit. If all a person can bring themselves to do is to cancel their WoW sub, that's enough, and shame on you for shitting on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    - WoW 9.0 announced
    I'm pretty doubtful that we should be excepting this one TBH. At least not at BlizzCon.

BlizzCon is in 3 weeks but patch 8.3 just finally reached the PTR. There is probably at minimum a month of PTR testing for it (more like 6-8 weeks), which means it will not be live before BlizzCon. If 8.3 isn't actually out before BlizzCon, I kind of doubt they release information about a new expansion with the player base not yet having seen the conclusion of the current one.

Unless of course Blizz just really doesn't care about the story anymore and are fine with us seeing the reveal (either content trailer or cinematic trailer) for a new expansion that comes after BfA while the story for BfA hasn't even been resolved.

I think it is more likely that they just focus the retail WoW material on patch 8.3, which should come out fairly soon after BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    I'm pretty doubtful that we should be excepting this one TBH. At least not at BlizzCon.

BlizzCon is in 3 weeks but patch 8.3 just finally reached the PTR. There is probably at minimum a month of PTR testing for it (more like 6-8 weeks), which means it will not be live before BlizzCon. If 8.3 isn't actually out before BlizzCon, I kind of doubt they release information about a new expansion with the player base not yet having seen the conclusion of the current one.

Unless of course Blizz just really doesn't care about the story anymore and are fine with us seeing the reveal (either content trailer or cinematic trailer) for a new expansion that comes after BfA while the story for BfA hasn't even been resolved.

I think it is more likely that they just focus the retail WoW material on patch 8.3, which should come out fairly soon after BlizzCon.
    Argus and the ending of legion was aftr blizzcon and announcement of bfa, cata was announced before lich king final patch, etc...

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah we literally did not know how 7.3 ended before the announced 8.0

If you REALLY think they won't announce the wow xpac...

I'm sorry. You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Yeah we literally did not know how 7.3 ended before the announced 8.0

If you REALLY think they won't announce the wow xpac...

I'm sorry. You're wrong.
    Yeah, that's true... I forgot they delayed Antorus for 3 months after sending us to Argus and had only gone back to look at the 7.3 release date in comparison to Blizzcon rather than the raid opening date.

Looking back, they also announced TBC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP before the final raid tier of the previous expansion or base game was out. They didn't do that with WoD or Legion though and it would have given away the respective MoP and WoD endings if they had revealed that Garrosh went to AU Draenor after SoO or that AU Gul'dan got sent to our Azeroth if Garrosh hadn't yet been defeated or Archimonde hadn't yet sent Gul'dan to Azeroth.

I guess for whatever comes next the story from 8.2.5 with Sylvanas is probably more important for the story continuation than 8.3 anyway.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2019-10-13 at 06:40 AM.

I have HIGH expectations for the next expansion. Hopefully Blizzard will not disappoint!

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal hype level. Only thing I'm excited about is 9.0 and getting a release date for Warcraft III Reforged. I've been pounding the Diablo 3 expansion/Diablo 4 announcement drum for 3 years and I'm not doing it again this year. No band announcement yet. So yeah, waiting for schedule release and such to really get a good idea of how excited I should be.

I always look forward to getting a new class, and I have high hopes for a tank/range dps/heal tinker class. Also, with all the rumblings of a bigger Blizzcon than usual I can’t help but to hope for some nice surprises. Even if all of that doesn’t end up exactly how I want it, I’m just ready to see some system changes like the level squish, new info on titanforging replacements, new zones, etc.

My friend they are definitely announcing the new expac in Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Hmmm...so would that explain the mass firing of employees before...due to the China outsourcing?

- - - Updated - - -

The same dinner that costs you a few hundred $? :P
    Diablo immortal was made in china and that's the only new game they've made in years.

Yes, let's just ignore the multiple expansions that were announced prior to the final patch being released. Pretty sure wrath was announced before Sunwell was even known and BfA was definitely announced before we knew the ending of legion.