Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    Two tiers into the expansion and if you unxmog your gear I would be willing to bet your toon looks like complete and total horse shit.

I know I know "JuSt XmOg Ur GeAr AnD StFu"

but the total lack of effort into the gear is pure laziness.
    That has always been the case.

And I'll have you know some of my favorite transmog sets have been based on the zandalari leveling gear, the legion leveling gear, the horde themed leather warfront gear, and the argus rogue tier set, all of which were very recent. Not to mention all of last expansion with the insane effort put into artifact appearances, some of the most detailed and creative models in the transmog arsenal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Welcome to the 2000's bro.
    id say more like 2014 >

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I'd say give us back Burning crusade level of clown suits!

Is it bad that I remember where each piece of the gear in this image dropped?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually do it sorta intentional at times, like for a couple of weeks / months i'll just not bother transmoging any gear that i get. usually at first it looks a bit odd but it kinda evens out once everything is a mismatch

I was expecting cool looking gear when they announced moving away from class sets and having more time for 4 sets only.
    But unfortunately, Blizzard didn't deliver on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. My mage has Vanilla Tmog, my hunter has TBC, my rogue has TBC, my priest has vanilla, my warrior has MoP (I think, I only use him for daily cooldown BS), my druid has TBC. Legion had cool Tmog, but the boring ways to get them made them... well, boring. Meanwhile, my mage uses a vanilla flame set locked behind a "secret" reputation that uses expensive and unique mats, making me one of a kind compared to most of the characters I see online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Mail wearers have been complaining about shit half assed looking gear since way befor it was cool. And we will continue to do so.
    You! I like you! Even more so now that the next mail tier set is a dress... and I'm a hunter!
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    id say more like 2014 >
    People's ability to whine has been going steadily up since the 90's when the internet became a thing. In general its a human thing to complain about stuff though. The internet has just made it easier to do.

The 7th legion plate armor set is pretty cool, but otherwise we've been shafted as usual. My pally is running around in T6 armor.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Is it bad that I remember where each piece of the gear in this image dropped?
    my paladin in tbc looked like he had fucking smashed Mardi Gras like a champ then just kept on drinking right round into Halloween the year after.

Two tiers into the expansion and if you unxmog your gear I would be willing to bet your toon looks like complete and total horse shit.

constantly because i dont mog only enjoy the models that this expansion brought to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I'd go so far and say most gear today just looks more plate or cloth than anything else. There hasn't been chain-mail for ages, and it's sad. Even then, shamans still got better sets than hunters for several expansions.
    Horde darkshore mail set is a genuine chained mail set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Hell no. My mage has Vanilla Tmog, my hunter has TBC, my rogue has TBC, my priest has vanilla, my warrior has MoP (I think, I only use him for daily cooldown BS), my druid has TBC. Legion had cool Tmog, but the boring ways to get them made them... well, boring. Meanwhile, my mage uses a vanilla flame set locked behind a "secret" reputation that uses expensive and unique mats, making me one of a kind compared to most of the characters I see online.

- - - Updated - - -

You! I like you! Even more so now that the next mail tier set is a dress... and I'm a hunter!
    Maybe there is a legged version like in BoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I was expecting cool looking gear when they announced moving away from class sets and having more time for 4 sets only.
    But unfortunately, Blizzard didn't deliver on that.
    We where taken options, yeah...as a DH in Legion i had 4 appearances + recolors in 4 raids so 16 sets and 64 recolors...(even tho some sets from other classes cant be completed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Actual models are horseshit. There is a few quite good but mostly is crap. Without transmog i would not play it :P

I haven't looked at my character in at least a decade lol

Full disclosure: IDC about graphics, models or xmog
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nope. You are right.

Gear designs for this expansion are godawful. The Warfront ones are especially pathetic considering how much they touted this feature.

The raid ones are even worse. None of the current Mail sets suit a Hunter. They are built around Shamans.

They've gotten flat out lazy with this expansion overall anyway so it's not surprising the armour sets suffered too.
    Imho the elite warfront sets are f*cking awesome, at least in the blue side.

On topic: at some point I didn't need to tmog some of my toons because they had the full warfront sets but yes living without tmog is really crap

And yes the tier sets or whatever they call them now, are by far the worst ever created. Especially the troll raid thing is horrible if you play alliance. Could fit to the furrdurrhurrde styles though with all that bones?
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2019-04-29 at 10:24 AM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I wouldn't say so. The gear is amazing imho, but it does depend a lot on the class and race you're wearing the gear on. The raid gear is pretty good looking, but the open world and dungeon gear is just amazing, it fits really well the themes of the 2 continents.

But yeah overall I'd say Legion and 5.4 MoP have the best sets and yeah not having class sets does hurt a lot.

I find that all gear pre MoP looks like shit today.

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    Horde darkshore mail set is a genuine chained mail set.
    Sortof? I always forget about it. The best version in the elite one, which is pvp only if I'm not completely mistaken. The only armor in years that made me want to do pvp, but not gonna embarass myself for rng.

i havent looked at my character without transmog since transmog came out.

a couple of my characters are using warfront gear (paladin is wearing full arathi plate, hunter and druid are wearing darkshore mog).

the raid gear hasn't looked very good so far, but the kul tiran plate armor while leveling looks great...on humans and kul tirans. the horde plate looks ok too, but i wouldn't wear it if i played horde.

even the heritage armor kind of sucks, except blood elves and dwarves. and dark iron. those three look good. but the kul tirans heritage armor looks like Captain Crunch's grindr date. (source, Seth Rogen)
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

7+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, this expansion's armor sets are very hit or miss for me

Arathi Warfront's sets are pretty great unless you wear Mail
    Darkshore Warfront's sets are mostly ok, specially Cloth
    Uldir sets are awful, but I see some people might like the Dwemer armor from the Elder scrolls
    Dazar'alor sets are great in my opinion
    8.2' sets do seem completely awful. Specially Mail, again
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account

What...?
    idk if you know man, but this has ALWAYS been the case... Even when we had sets, you usually had gloves that didnt match, 1/5 peices that didnt match (for example icc warlock i had to use the priest helm which was just... gross compared with the rest of my set)
    Your weapon would NEVER match your armor, i cannot remember a single time before mog my weapon EVER matched my armor
    my tabard also never matched my armor
    my boots also never matched either
    and when we didnt have sets it was an absolute jumbled mess

There is jokes about how TBC was the worst because they went for a "space" theme they made all their gear super duper bright, which made you look like a clown

And actually mine was not that bad.
    chest, belt, and gloves matched even my dagger matched, and my offhand sorta matched.
    My tabard of course woudlnt match cause its a wotlk tabard that allows me to TP to the argent.
    helm engineering as i am an engineer and shoulders and boots only thing that dont match AT ALL and makes sense.

so 2 of them not matching and making no sense is actually not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's a damn shame the art and music teams have taken a hit this expansion because they were the last 2 teams showing any form of passion.