Poll: fav exp music

Thread: wow music

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

wow music

Which wow exp has ur most fav music ? For some reason BFA music doesn't click with me, it has nothing to do with gameplay, i hate MoP music, didn't like legion, i liked a lot both Cata and WoD, music != game itself
    BFA music just not working, the zandalar have very different music than what we usually hear related to trolls since ever, and 'the most work done in music in wow history' drustvar is still meh for me (at least i don't turn music off as i did during MoP)
    I ask as overall exp, not specific zone, since i'm curious why BFA music is just meh for me, even if they claim they did the most work on the alliance soundtrack since game launch
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

BfA has the worst music (and art) of any xpac by a mile. They just mailed it in with BfA.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk was the best but most music is really good regardless, Legion was particularly good too

WotLK has the best music, with Classic coming in second. Way to many songs that stick in my head that are just beautiful to listen to: Arthas, My Son, Invincible, Assault on Scarlet Enclave, Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills, Sholazar Basin, Storm Peaks, Icecrown, Argent Tournament, Culling of Stratholme, Ulduar and such all stand out.

Cataclysm also has some beautiful tracks. Not a huge fan of most of the Asian-inspired music from MoP, and I found that Legion rehashed way to many old songs. BFA also has some good songs like the panflute music in Dazar'alor, Boralus and the Alliance version in the Arathi Warfront.

Overall the music is really done well troughout the game.

It's a hard pick for me. WotLK definitely stands out, but I still went for MoP (though I know it's a polarizing soundtrack). It's all fantastic however; even BFA has some beautiful pieces, and I'm especially partial to some of the Kul Tiran tracks.

The Zandalari are the most powerful of the troll tribes, and have an aesthetic that suit their grandeur. To hear music similar to Zul Gurub, Zul Aman, etc. would be unfitting.

Interesting you mention that because i was just hearing every single soundtrack of all expansions today.

I love the Anduin theme, All legion and Wrath themes and some mop themes too. My favorite soundtracks are all related to night elves as well, they have such magic feeling.

Wotlk has overall from all expansions the best soundtracks.

1.Wotlk

2. Legion

3. Anduin

4. MoP

5. Nightsong, also shows on night warrior cinematic

6. Grizzly Hills

Last edited by Shakana; 2019-04-29 at 01:49 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wrath is by far my top choice here. Howling Fjord alone does it. BC is my favorite expansion overall (with Wrath as a close second), but I think Wrath definitely had better music.

BC is a close second. I loved the atmospheric/ambient music that expansion went for in a lot of zones. As a tinnitus sufferer, I've listened to 10-hour looping versions of some of those to help me tune the noise out for sleeping (or when I just need to focus on something).

I have music turned off, pretty much always have. Half the time I play with the game completely muted...

I don't play with music on much... or any sound, but I have to say classic-wrath is the best music... but that's only a few songs, none of them are really memorable, specially since there's no vocals and I really have a hard time latching on to songs with no vocals.

Probably why I love FFXIV's music so much.

BfA has some of the best music in the game. The Zandalari and Kul Tiran themes are very good. And they've added new music so far in every patch that match that.

Overall it's a hard choice. Legion was very good, BfA is very good, TBC and WotLK as well. Even MoP have a good piece or two. WoD's main theme and Auchindon Dungeon music are some of the best music they have added.

I'll pick Legion, because everything is overall solid. But so are WoW music generally.

Can list my favorites:
    Dalaran(WotLK)
    Dalaran/Khadgar's theme Legion
    Terokkar Forest
    Storm Peaks
    Highmountain
    Zandalari and Kul Tiran main themes
    Black Temple
    Ulduar
    Battle of Dazar'alor
    Mana Tombs
    Auchindon(WoD)
    TBC/WotLK/WoD main theme
    Silvermoon City
    Ashenvale/Song of Elune

I could use all day to list more.

TBC hands down. Matt Uleman (Diablo I & II) took the reins for all the music and you can really hear the dark tones in some of the zones like Hellfire Peninsula, Auchenai Crypts and Mana Tombs. Then you have the amazing score of Eversong Woods and Silvermoon City, plus the login screen music is 10/10

Cata is probably a close second with the best login screen music and the score for 'Xaxas"

Ah beautiful nostalgia.
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2019-04-29 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    WoD>Classic>MoP>Cata>TBC>BfA>Legion>Wrath imo.

I love the Orcish chanting and war drums. It’s the expansion I spent the most time with the music on.

Classic is... well. Classic.

And MoP’s was pretty nice to listen to as well.

Cata brought some nice music, particularly to the old world and the firelands.

The Blood Elf, Draenei and Black Temple themes of TBC will always be nostalgic to me. Despite not playing while it was current.

BfA only really has decent music for Alliance. Some of the newer Zandalari stuff (From the raid) is good too.

Legion was meh. Suramar and Varian’s theme are the only ones that didn’t get on my nerves.

Wrath was horrible aside from the gunship theme, the trailer theme and invincible. The latter two being some of the best pieces of music produced for WoW.

I would say Wrath and WoD are tied with the best score overall, now WoD and Legion has nice music for certain zones like Zuldazar, and KT or the DH theme while the rest is just meh or good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

For only musics.. MoP, WoD.

WoD has music that sounds like full-on movie scores... It is possibly the only expansion pack where I can sing the melody of every zone... Every other expansion has a few zones that have music duds, but every part of WoD's music was amazing and epic.

Talador especially... That zone's music is AMAZING.

5+ Year Old Account
    BC to me, it has the most memorable tracks in the entirety of WoW: Eversong, Azuremyst, Zangarmarsh, Terokkar (/drool), Netherstorm... Classic is a close second, with the Westfall/1k Needles theme, as well as Ashenvale, Dun Morogh, Tirisfal/Silverpine/Duskwood, Barrens!

Finally, WotLK gets the third place, with iconic tunes such as Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills (gotta love that one ) and, of course, ICC.

Honorable mentions for WoD and Legion, although I find most of post-Cata soundtracks unnecessarily bombastic and over-orchestrated. Btw, BfA music is fairly unimpressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Classic. Very relaxed, easy on the ears, sort of sparse and closest to WC3 style.

I agree with everyone who said that post-WOTLK music is too "bombastic" or "over-orchestrated".

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    WoD>Classic>MoP>Cata>TBC>BfA>Legion>Wrath imo.

Wrath was horrible aside from the gunship theme, the trailer theme and invincible.
    Cocaine is a helluva drug.
    OT: Grizzly Hills by far for matching the theme of a zone . Sholazar was also good.
    Last edited by Valerossi; 2019-04-29 at 05:26 AM.

Classic have the best music. But every expansion have some good soundtracks imo. But something happened after Wrath (I think?) the soundtracks become very loud and obnoxious, forcing me to turn music off.

guys, remember hearing this for the first time?
    my god, the chills and nostalgia