Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think its "we said we are gonna make it right away".
    I believe it takes some time to make 100500 new sets for future exps.

Personally I dont care if they add new char specific sets or not, as long as items are cool (visually) im okay with that.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We got the quantity? How so?

At this point in Legion
    4 Leveling sets
    12 Class sets from Class Hall
    4 Crafting leveling sets
    4 Dungeon/crafting endgame sets
    12 Class sets for the EN/NH
    4 ToV sets

BfA
    8 Leveling/Crafting Sets
    8 Dungeon Sets
    8 PvP sets (two Seasons)
    4 Uldir Sets
    4 BoD Sets

So 40 vs 32. If you don't count the Class sets because they are mods of the Challenge Mode, you still end with 28 vs 32 which is pretty close. When it comes to sets with higher fidelity, you are even at 16 to 16 (The ToV sets plus Tier Class sets vs Uldir, BoD and the PvP sets).
    If we’re gonna count recolours we would have to add every island set but im only talking about uniques and your numbers are a bit off for bfa.

Legion at launch had 24 set where bfa had 30 sets with there being 8 PvP/warfonts sets as both the horde and alliance have unique sets and brown orcs/black dwarfs both had a set. 7.1 put legion up to 28 with the 4 tov sets but nothing else, 8.1 how ever added another 8 Pvp/warfonts sets 4 Bod sets and 2 heritage sets putting bfa at 44 sets compared to legions 28.

But ya 8.2 is the first short coming only adding 8 sets it seems compared to legions 16 but even then bfa would be up at 52 compared to legions 44.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-04-22 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Hope you guys like fins.
    I do, but the mail sets always look worse than the leather ones. Sigh.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

what are thooooose

bad looks and no set bonuses. why even care?

can they not tell the gear designers "no, do it over?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked BoD and Uldir. But I hate 8.2 ones. They look like leveling gear. They suck so hard. Jesus.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Heritage Armor should come with weapons, shields, etc.

And its not like all the sets from BFA has been crap. The Heritage armors are pretty sick and the PvP Season 1 alliance plate is the best armor in the entire game. Even I as horde admits it. Its so damn good its insane
    An'u belore delen'na

The mythic cloth kind of looks like a recolor of the cloth set from Firelands...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We got the quantity? How so?
    I already added it up earlier in the thread.

Bfa-8.2: At least 65 new sets.
    Legion-7.2: About 44 new sets.

There's no arguing BfA beats Legion in quantity. Quality is subjective, I happen to like most BfA sets.

On that note, the thread title should really be changed to something less clickbaity since it's a lie and won't lead to anything constructive. There's an argument to be had that Blizzard's effort was misplaced, but there's no denying it was more effort than Legion (and probably any other expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    there are 8 sets per warfront/pvp seasons so its 16 unique sets compared to legions 0 as every legion set was a raid recolor.
    Yeah, I realised I didn’t count thenfactions separately, when I absolutely should have. BfA has the best looking armor imo, purely driven by the warfronts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the Cloth and Leather set look pretty amazing...although I don't like naga themed gear.

The Mail and Plate though...look like questing, Dungeon gear

But I still like the new sets because they don't look completely ridiculous like previous sets...I don't like to look like a Demi-God or like I have Transformers coming out of my shoulders.I like armor that looks like armor.

Everything looks retarded on a human male.

The only one I really like is the leather one. It gives you an Aquaman feel while wearing the set. Everything else just looks ugly, and uninspired. Which sucks, considering the Class sets, which should've taken more resources to make.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why does the Mail set look like Cloth still? That's a big no no from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dominikas View Post
    It's almost like they put resources into the models outside of raiding as well. All of the Heritage armor sets, higher quality NPC models, allied races, warfront sets, higher quality misc weapons/armor, and more.

Honestly, raid sets are probably the worst thing to put resources into anyways. There are already so many of them, and it's gotten to the point where newer sets can't possibly be any better than older sets. Not to mention the fact that these sets could be considered 'over-designed', which contributes to the ideas spread by many people here that the game has an exaggerated feel.
    "it's gotten to the point where newer sets can't possibly be any better than older sets."

This is the most false statement ever, considering last expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Ugh, Art teams back broke it seems.

Oh well, they carried pretty well for a good while.
    The art team consists more than just armor sets.

I don't think they look that bad honestly, my biggest gripe is some of the colour schemes and the lack of skulls.
    Its hard to be a Death knight without skulls, skulls for the skull throne and all that! ( yeah yeah wrong franchise but still )

I wish they'd bring back class specific gear, with no other reason than there finally being more skulls on the sets for Death knights.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-04-23 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post

The art team consists more than just armor sets.
    Dont care, quality going downwards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Dont care, quality going downwards.
    Quality doesn’t seem to be going down big any objective measure, it might actually be going up. I can’t think of any other patch with as many unique mounts or models and even the raid gear while not looking the best still has more 3d assets on gloves chest boots then say wod tier sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    All this art time has to go somewhere, I sense a world revamp for the next expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Activision Blizzard will say what they need to say to keep gullible players subscribed while delivering as little content as they can get away with.

Welcome to 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadrienne View Post
    Ya know, "I don't happen to like this" does not equal "This set is lacking in creativity". I kind of like them, especially the LFR sets and the Mythic plate set. As for whether people might want to look like giant fish -- did you miss the last Darkmoon Faire?
    Plz fix!

Don'tcha know, everything some guy doesn't personally like is "broken" and requires an immediate "fix".

That being said... I play a hunter and really wish I could find some new gear that looks hunter-ish that I like. One could argue that these new sets look hunter-ish, especially since they look similar to a hunter tier set of old. I'd wear the leather one pretty happily... too bad I'm stuck with mail. Might be time to let hunters wear leather, maybe even consider eliminating mail entirely.

In the D&D basis for WoW, hunter (rangers) typically had a choice between leather and mail. Typically that came down along side "stealthy" or "warrior-ish" builds. Maybe an opportunity to incorporate that into MM and SV class design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Pretty sure I remember them saying it at blizzcon when they announced the removal of class specific tier sets. I certainly heard it said officially somewhere. They were saying that there would be far more sets from the game and all its systems as a whole rather than more just from raids.
    Yeah.

I personally haven't really liked the warfront sets for the most part. The island sets have been recolors of old tier sets. The "dungeon" and "questing" sets don't show as sets in the UI, which is annoying.

I'd like to see the "sets" page get revamped by adding a "quality" tag to sets. So we can have "blue" sets for dungeons and question, "purple" sets for raids and "orange" sets for mythic raids. I'd also move the mythic xmogs to unlock based on mythic raid achievements rather than drops. That way people can mog mythic on their first clear instead of potentially never if they get screwed on RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    What he said. The well is pretty dry as far as class themed armor designs, so I am A OK with mixing it up if it means we get some actually stand-out designs out of it
    I mean... yes but also no. For example hunters. There are lots of "look at this stuff I killed and made into armor" hunter sets, often poorly done (my opinion). Yet if you go to any D&D/LotR art and look at hunters, rangers, etc... there is very little in game that lets me look like that.

Here's what I want for a hunter mog:

Of course the problem is most hunters actually wear leather, but Blizzard makes them wear mail and refuses (largely) to give leather looking sets.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Activision Blizzard will say what they need to say to keep gullible players subscribed while delivering as little content as they can get away with.

Welcome to 2011.
    This doesn’t hold any water though as they did deliver more sets then in legion by a pretty big margin.