Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only anti-semitic if you don't understand the message behind, it or better yet accept the message behind it. Wouldn't really think much of what israelies think everything is racist to them despite them being one of nations on the planet that condones racism towards others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What specifically because an Israeli comedian says it isn’t and explains why.
    To be honest if Zenkai says its racist it probably is, he is after all an expert with decade long experience. Takes one to knows one is how the saying goes isn't it?

It is a huge hit on our freedom. We have the right to dislike the policies of any government. It looks like Israel has such a strong influence on american politicians that our politicians are forbidding us from disliking Israel in the name of "antisemitism". I have nothing against the jews or any religion but I do hate what Israel is doing.

You really gotta admire how hard certain Jewish people have worked to get to this point. Any attack on Israel or anyone Jewish, is now an attack on all Jews and is considered anti semitic, the worst of all sins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It is, and race discussion is not allowed. I bet if you posted this on a racist forum you would get a lot of lols
    Are you saying Jews are a race?
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Eh, if you are determined to read it that way, yes it is.

I don't think that was the intention, you have to decide to see it that way.

Not anti-Semitic.
    Looks more like anti-Netanyahu to me.

Different people in the cartoon and different people would probably be complaining it's anti-Semitic. I differ with the opinion of the writer in that I find the treatment of Netanyahu's face to be somewhat distorted and grotesque. Netanyahu's nose doesn't appear to have that shape unless his head is angled downwards more or the camera is positioned above him. The dog is being viewed pretty much straight on so the artist does seem like they may have flirted with the typically distorted representation of noses in anti-Semitic cartoons. The body of the dog is so elongated that you can only compare it to the Dachshund, which is a German dog breed, which the writer of the article doesn't even mention, which I think if you are engaging in a full defense of the picture you should have mentioned. I don't think it's an anti-Semitic picture, because the theme is one common to political cartoons, but I think the artist intentionally tip-toed the line to create more shock.

Who cares if it is?

A joke is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    Are you saying Jews are a race?
    nor are muslims a race, but they sure get labeled as one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not remotely; it's critical of a nation's leader. And if their goal was to try to limit its circulation it is certainly backfiring on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Who cares if it is?

A joke is a joke.
    A racist joke is a racist joke and should be called out as such. This though is run of the mill cliche satire.

10+ Year Old Account
    no it isn't, and anyone who think it is can kindly go f8ck himself because this is politics
    if u want it to 'not' be anti-semitic, then don't let anything semitic enter politics
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I'm voting no.

Trump is wearing a yamika for starters.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I don't really see this as anti-semitic more a criticism of leaders. But if you saw something like the Serina Williams caricature from a bit ago as racist, I can see how this one is definitely anti-semitic to you (unless you are applying a double standard to defend the NYTimes, but then you don't really hold an actual standard for what is or is not offensive).

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    To some, that satire is: "Israel, and the Jews, control the US"...
    And some people eat tide pods and pour boiling water over themselves.

Idiots will always be outraged over satire.

Some of the people defending this satire where probably offended by the Serena Williams caricature a few months back.
    They have thick skin when they agree with the message, but cry like infants when they dont.
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 2019-04-29 at 09:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    To some, that satire is: "Israel, and the Jews, control the US"...
    I geuss that's the conspiracy perspective. From the conservative perspective I think they see it as supporting Isreal due to the Judeo-Christian heritage. From a more right wing perspective you gotta appreciate Isreal's entrepreneurial spirit and military prowess.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-04-29 at 09:18 PM.

It is Netanyahu pictured with the the flag of his country so no. Had they made the star of David yellow and slapped it on his body then hell yeah...but they didn't. It is a blue star of David just like the Israeli flag.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    For me it's not about whether it's offensive or not. But whether there is a double standard. Could a mainstream news source depict Obama in a chimp-like manner holding the leash of a goat with the face of a Muslim leader? If so, then I would say it's all fair criticism of public figures.
    Exactly. It's not really the content that's offensive but how it's drawn.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    For me it's not about whether it's offensive or not. But whether there is a double standard. Could a mainstream news source depict Obama in a chimp-like manner holding the leash of a goat with the face of a Muslim leader? If so, then I would say it's all fair criticism of public figures.
    Why would Obama look like a chimp and why a goat?

This is a US president depicted as himself but blind and led by a dog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It is, and race discussion is not allowed. I bet if you posted this on a racist forum you would get a lot of lols
    This has nothing to do with race or religion. It is Netanyahu wearing the flag which represents his country. Same idea as Lincoln with a US flag hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it anti-semitic? No.

Will anti-semetic people use it as a reason to hate Israel, Jews, and Trump more, probably.
    Most anti-semites in the US are actually quite enamored with Trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.