Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    If by afternoon you mean 12 months from concept development to finished product, then sure.
    No way.

If it is too familiar, then Blizzard saved money and dev time by creating new assets and art for the next expansion instead of this patch.
    And why would they do that? Especially with how poorly received BFA was? Why especially make the Azshara patch so underwhelming? People have literally been waiting for Azshara for 14 years.

But I'm going to withhold judgement and wait until I see Nazjatar for myself.
    Go look at it, it's on the front page.

WoW is WoW, certain elements will always be familiar.
    It's not that it looks familiar, it's that it looks boring and bland and looks like they barely put any effort into it.

More bioluminescence.

Ability to travel between areas using waterfalls / waterways (like the opening of Neltharion's Lair).

Sea monsters in the waves that will kill you if you get too close.

Coral on everything.

Bones of ancient sea monsters.

More naga architecture that isn't just small huts.

More vibrant colors, not just dull reds and greys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechagon is x3 better than Nazj. The zone looks & FEELS absolutely bland, I expected Suramar with seaweed and Vash'jir's seafloor on steroids.

It's insane that this expac has had NOTHING that has tickled me into coming back since the pre patch, it's legit insane. Everything from the story, to even the *feel* of the game is suffering too. Such a freaking shame.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    If I was Blizz I would have cancelled 8.2 and 8.3 at BlizzCon. BFA was never salvagable, they should have abandoned it and moved most of the Team to Classic while the rest is pre-producing the next Retail-Expansion.
    Ayy some of you reeeally like to give Blizzard money, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    More bioluminescence.

Ability to travel between areas using waterfalls / waterways (like the opening of Neltharion's Lair).

Sea monsters in the waves that will kill you if you get too close.

Coral on everything.

Bones of ancient sea monsters.

More naga architecture that isn't just small huts.

More vibrant colors, not just dull reds and greys.
    Nazjatar needed to be just one thing.

100% underwater. Vashj'ir is a better Naga zone than Nazjatar.

So good so far... just visited Nazjatar for a while. I didn't do any quest yet, because without the introduction-quest i can only rate the zone itself.

From the looks it's by far not bad, quite good; don't forget this place was under water, so don't expect lush forests down there. What is for sure is that the place is very, very much unfinished. Lighting is by far not finished; a lot of textures missing meshes, enemies does also don't have the right amount of health (some non-elite has elite-number of health, while others are far too weak)

It's surely no suramar, that's for sure, so let's wait and see. At least the alliance-basis seems to be already in it's last, ultimate phase. We are still missing a TON of quests.

But: i totally can understand that it was expected to be a much bigger place and especially we are missing a lot of naga-building.

More bioluminescence.
    Exactly this. More of it would also lead to a much better experience. It's far too grey.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-05-02 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    From the looks it's by far not bad, quite good
    Get your eyes checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is for sure is that the place is very, very much unfinished.
    Expect it to stay that way.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by I am disappoint View Post

I suspect the devs really have 0 passion about Azshara and Naga+underwater themes. I can't explain otherwise what is going on. It looks like another Azsuna.

And why would they do that? Especially with how poorly received BFA was? Why especially make the Azshara patch so underwhelming? People have literally been waiting for Azshara for 14 years.
    Because of the underwhelming reception of the "FACTION WAR"-Crap. I think they wanted to make the whole alliance vs horde-thing their selling point, but people were so underwhelmed, that they simply put her into it as a last straw for the ones who already knew that this was a total crapfest.

It looks not so bad as a lot of people made it; it's quite nice. But yes, i wanted a lot MORE of azshara; and i wanted the city to look more and better; more naga-buildings, more city of the naga; simply more. But we didn't saw the quests yet, and we are also missing a lot of features yet, so i rather want to wait a few builds.

That's said: i really hope that BfA doesn't get another major content-patch. Make Sylvanas disappear for her grand plan, keep focus on saving azeroth on 8.2.5 and put 8.3 on hold and rather work on the next expasion. This filler-crappack wasn't surely the grand throw after legion.

Because of the underwhelming reception of the "FACTION WAR"-Crap.
    Azshara is not faction war.

Get your eyes checked.
    Like i said: the lightning is by far not there yet. It's in general much too dark, and much too blant. Look at the screenshots; the lightning on there is much much different than on the PTR. Naturally everything is too grey. I expect them to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I suspect the devs really have 0 passion about Azshara and Naga+underwater themes. I can't explain otherwise what is going on. It looks like another Azsuna.
    That's because if they did it under water, it would be the saltiest place on Azeroth. Believe me, compared to the postings here yet, having an underwater-zone would make the whole forums totally underwater from salty tears.

(and yes, i really wanted an underwater-zone; i always hated hyjal and i really hated it that after i leveled in Vashj'ir, i was required to quest there too to get into the firelands)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Expect it to stay that way.
    Not really: if we are honest; every new Zone on the PTR has this flaws.

This - people screamed about Vashir even though it wasn't that bad, so instead of flexing their creative muscles, we get bland and boring.

Matter of taste I suppose. I hated Vashjir, thought that underwater 3D combat / déplacement was awful. I did it on one character and I’ve never ever set foot there again...

Quote Originally Posted by predlol View Post
    Matter of taste I suppose. I hated Vashjir, thought that underwater 3D combat / déplacement was awful. I did it on one character and I’ve never ever set foot there again...
    Yeah, because that one time was "awful" (it really wasn't that bad), that totally means that it's going to be the exact same mechanic 5+ years later.

Azshara is not faction war.
    That's not. It just felt that they use her to satisfy the people who hate the faction war crap-thing. (but they totally undererestimated how many people really hat this crap)

you're also so negative and pessimistic, even if it was absolutely fantastic you'd pinpoint the most petty things

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ultimately after WoD (with Karabor and Shattrath) and Suramar in Legion, our expectations are just higher. I hated that they chose to make Mac'aree an abandoned ruin (I expected it to be the Eredar's capital still, with a different color scheme that looks closer to Velhari/Socrethar so Red and Gold which would be very impressive imo). And with Naz'jatar we can see the naga buildings which are actually gorgeous. They should have been a bigger part of the zone. And imo Zin'Azshari should have not looked like a ruin straight out of Azsune. It'd have been far more impressive if it looked like Suramar and it was all a massive illusion cast by Azshara to maintain her capital looking gorgeous as a testament to her vanity.
    TBH Shattrath in WoD was a disappointment and if any it lowered expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    you're also so negative and pessimistic, even if it was absolutely fantastic you'd pinpoint the most petty things
    But it's not. That's the point we're trying to make.