Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Vulpera in the beta were also not player-ready. If we do get Ankoan, they will likely show up around 8.3 or 8.3.5, that's months off, and they don't have to make a totally unique rig like for Kul Tirans. It's definitely plausible for them to do if they want to, if they already planned to, or if enough people request it that they decide to do so.

Would be quite terrible. Recolored undead, essentially. Plus there is no pattern in what skeletons they reuse as I mentioned before.

Sethrak aren't on a Worgen skeleton as far as I know, but they might share some retargeted anims. They would indeed be cool, but likely take as much work to make player ready as Kul Tirans did, unlike Ankoan, which can work on a Night Elf rig with a few custom anims.

Also, considering you just implied that the next allied race could be a new model with the worgen skeleton- why couldn't it be Ankoan? If they had to make a new allied race model on the worgen skeleton, they'd probably have to put even more work into that than they have to put into Ankoan right now. Why are Ankoan off the tables because they require a lot of effort to be made playable, but a new model that has to be made from scratch isn't? x)

Maybe. It's possible, but there is definitely no guarantee that they will go with a forsaken or worgen skeleton in specific next time around.

True, but Ion does say a lot of things. He also said that after 7.3.5 and 8.0 they kind of wanted to make allied races more than just subraces or reskins of base races. Which, I mean- Zandalari and Kul Tirans are proof of that. Vulpera are proof of that; Mechagnomes really aren't. :P

But yeah, hopefully they listen to feedback. Personally I'd dig something aesthetically unique for the next allied races after Mechagnomes and Vulpera, so my prime candidates are Ankoan and Sethrak. Ankoan more so, since they would be easier and quicker for them to make player ready.
    The lightbound undead would be fleshier and similar to Derek model or they are reserving that for Lightbound.

Or they could have a third faction tied to Sylvanas and LK.

I bet the Dark Nightelves will revert back to their Troll-like features as they continue to succumb to the ritual. A troll look-a-like in the Alliance side.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-02 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera in the beta were also not player-ready. If we do get Ankoan, they will likely show up around 8.3 or 8.3.5, that's months off, and they don't have to make a totally unique rig like for Kul Tirans. It's definitely plausible for them to do if they want to, if they already planned to, or if enough people request it that they decide to do so.

Would be quite terrible. Recolored undead, essentially. Plus there is no pattern in what skeletons they reuse as I mentioned before.

Sethrak aren't on a Worgen skeleton as far as I know, but they might share some retargeted anims. They would indeed be cool, but likely take as much work to make player ready as Kul Tirans did, unlike Ankoan, which can work on a Night Elf rig with a few custom anims.

Also, considering you just implied that the next allied race could be a new model with the worgen skeleton- why couldn't it be Ankoan? If they had to make a new allied race model on the worgen skeleton, they'd probably have to put even more work into that than they have to put into Ankoan right now. Why are Ankoan off the tables because they require a lot of effort to be made playable, but a new model that has to be made from scratch isn't? x)

Maybe. It's possible, but there is definitely no guarantee that they will go with a forsaken or worgen skeleton in specific next time around.

True, but Ion does say a lot of things. He also said that after 7.3.5 and 8.0 they kind of wanted to make allied races more than just subraces or reskins of base races. Which, I mean- Zandalari and Kul Tirans are proof of that. Vulpera are proof of that; Mechagnomes really aren't. :P

But yeah, hopefully they listen to feedback. Personally I'd dig something aesthetically unique for the next allied races after Mechagnomes and Vulpera, so my prime candidates are Ankoan and Sethrak. Ankoan more so, since they would be easier and quicker for them to make player ready.
    I think Ankoan would be a great race if added, but what was added to the PTR is so far from what I thought they would be as an Allied race that I found myself deeply disappointed at the result. I was thinking a Jinyu/Naga hybrid with a samurai aesthetic. We got slightly more glowy Jinyu. And look at Mecha Gnomes, they have arrived and are basically ready to go. Vulpera were pretty much ready to go as soon as BFA opened. I cannot help but feel that if Ankoan were intended they would have more than one gender and would actually look ready to be playable.

I think Sethrak use a heavily modfied Worgen model at the moment, the clue is in the way they run and move. They do have some custom animations though.

Either Ankoan or Sethrak would be a great addition to the Alliance and I hope Blizzard has the sense to put the work into one of them. My only hope in that regard is that they really aren't sure whom the final Allied races are going to be and they have been listening and gathering feedback.

I guess it's possible they could build up either, I hope they do. But that they haven't so far is disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    The lightbound undead would ve fleshier and similar to Derek model or they are reserving that for Lightbound.
    That would mean they're more or less humans with rot, or alternatively recolored forsaken. No thanks, tbh. I'm still crossing my fingers for Ankoan or Sethrak- either or. At least something that is a unique species, rather than a crazier, more over the top form of Gnome or a Human with a skin condition/Forsaken with reduced skin condition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Besides that which is true, I dont see them ever add the sethrak anyway.. their model screams npc, but tgat could just be me.
    Am I the only one here who just realy hates the vulpera?
    No, plenty of people hate Vulpera. I don't, and I am looking forward to the day they join the Horde, but it's fine to have different tastes and interests. The final Horde Allied race could be something you love and something I hate for example, and it will be fine if that is the case.

Sethrak do look less likely that I would like, but I want to hope for them, for anything that is quantifiably 'awesome' for the Alliance. Whilst I don't think the Alliance has gotten bad races so far, I do sense there is some disquiet and a genuine win for them would be welcome. Sethrak would do that.

5+ Year Old Account
    THe best part of Mechagnomes its that you can change the color of the limbs to the colours of the alliance and vulpera have been tease so much that probably are coming in september just before brewfest probably 8.2.5.

Sethrak at this point are just filler race just like hozen and jinyu, the same with deepseajinyu, i though they would be more "playable" but they are just reeskined jinyu.
    Still i ave big hopes for Moknathals, saberons for the horde and for the alliance the Botani (WoWs Sylvari) and Arakkoa for alliance.

But knowing that vulpera and mechagnomes are the ones coming there is only 1 slot for another allied race and its the "pandare allied race slot" so meh, it culd be anything at this point.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would mean they're more or less humans with rot, or alternatively recolored forsaken. No thanks, tbh. I'm still crossing my fingers for Ankoan or Sethrak- either or. At least something that is a unique species, rather than a crazier, more over the top form of Gnome or a Human with a skin condition/Forsaken with reduced skin condition.
    Ankoan are just jinju 2.0 which is absolutely allied race material, they need work and a female model.. but honestly I dont see either happening... just so you wont get dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I think Ankoan would be a great race if added, but what was added to the PTR is so far from what I thought they would be as an Allied race that I found myself deeply disappointed at the result. I was thinking a Jinyu/Naga hybrid with a samurai aesthetic. We got slightly more glowy Jinyu. And look at Mecha Gnomes, they have arrived and are basically ready to go. Vulpera were pretty much ready to go as soon as BFA opened. I cannot help but feel that if Ankoan were intended they would have more than one gender and would actually look ready to be playable.
    Oh yeah, I am pretty sure Vulpera and Mechagnomes are locked in. Hopefully, they get released in 8.2.5, which could open up a space for 8.3 or 8.3.5. And yeah, you are indeed right that Ankoan are currently definitely not made to be used by players, but it's possible that they either already have a player model ready/near ready to go that can appear in a later patch or even a later 8.2 build (as mentioned before, Vulpera in the beta weren't player-ready either for a while)
    Alternatively, they can make the decision to fashion them into a playable race after seeing a positive reaction from people playing 8.2.
    I think Sethrak use a heavily modfied Worgen model at the moment, the clue is in the way they run and move. They do have some custom animations though.
    Yeah, they definitely do use some animations from a few different races, I think. It's just that they aren't like on a clear player rig like Vulpera are as far as I can tell. So I don't know how much work they would require to be made into a playable race. All I can say is: more than Ankoan, less than Kul Tiran.

Either Ankoan or Sethrak would be a great addition to the Alliance and I hope Blizzard has the sense to put the work into one of them. My only hope in that regard is that they really aren't sure whom the final Allied races are going to be and they have been listening and gathering feedback.

I guess it's possible they could build up either, I hope they do. But that they haven't so far is disheartening.
    I hope so too. Personally speaking, Lightbound/Lightforged Forsaken would be pretty shitty imo. I think they're a shitty idea in lore and they'll probably be a recolor race at best- I don't get why people are so adamant about wanting them. :c

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tortollan Neutral race perhaps as wildcard?

I know I'm kinda contradicting myself here, but this is just an intuitive thing. Personally (and Blizzard might prove me wrong here) speaking, I consider stuff like Arakkoa, Ethereals, Ogres, Naga, etc. to be more candidates for a full-on race, rather than an allied race.

My personal favored middle ground is an allied race that is a new creature but reuses a skeleton. So, take for example Ankoan on the Night Elf skeleton with a few new unique anims, Vulpera on the Goblin skeleton, also with some unique anims, Mok'nathal on the Kul Tiran skeleton, etc.

They are reusing skeletons and animations, but they are presented as a new species with their own culture, something that Zandalari and Vulpera do well, but Mechagnomes don't do well, since Mechagnomes just feel like more Gnomier Gnomes, whereas it'd be difficult to find any comparison between Goblin and Vulpera other than from an outside, technical perspective.
    Ogre's are an exception like Kul'Tiran that would be great and easy to implement since they are almost player ready as is and have most animations they need.

Zandalari were a lot more work than some because even though they use the NE male skeleton everything else was custom or stitched together from the Darkspear trolls for their faces and heads/hands/feet, they also have custom animations for all their movements and attacks. Some of the allied races will have more work than others put into them.

I think Ethereal is a great candidate if they ever go for a neutral allied race, especially if Tinker ends up being a new class though I think it will be dragon related because everything is pointing to an Emerald Dream/Death related expansion.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, plenty of people hate Vulpera. I don't, and I am looking forward to the day they join the Horde, but it's fine to have different tastes and interests. The final Horde Allied race could be something you love and something I hate for example, and it will be fine if that is the case.
    Thanks for this, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ankoan are just jinju 2.0 which is absolutely allied race material, they need work and a female model.. but honestly I dont see either happening... just so you wont get dissapointed.
    Well, any allied race that they make would require work. Just because that work isn't visible in 8.2 doesn't mean it cannot be done or isn't yet done, but I think it would help if Blizzard knew a lot of people wanted them. (at least over Lightbound Forsaken)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ogre's are an exception like Kul'Tiran that would be great and easy to implement since they are almost player ready as is and have most animations they need.

Zandalari were a lot more work than some because even though they use the NE male skeleton everything else was custom or stitched together from the Darkspear trolls for their faces and heads/hands/feet, they also have custom animations for all their movements and attacks. Some of the allied races will have more work than others put into them.

I think Ethereal is a great candidate if they ever go for a neutral allied race, especially if Tinker ends up being a new class though I think it will be dragon related because everything is pointing to an Emerald Dream/Death related expansion.
    Zandalari Trolls were actually implied to not be that much work. In fact, they held back the release of them so that they could release them alongside Kul Tirans, which were the real work intensive race.

Well, any allied race that they make would require work. Just because that work isn't visible in 8.2 doesn't mean it cannot be done or isn't yet done, but I think it would help if Blizzard knew a lot of people wanted them. (at least over Lightbound Forsaken)

- - - Updated - - -

Zandalari Trolls were actually implied to not be that much work. In fact, they held back the release of them so that they could release them alongside Kul Tirans, which were the real work intensive race.
    The males were a lot more work than the females since they were copy and paste essentially outside of the skin and extras. The Kul'Tirans were only more work because of the females and males both having unique sets of everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I am pretty sure Vulpera and Mechagnomes are locked in. Hopefully, they get released in 8.2.5, which could open up a space for 8.3 or 8.3.5. And yeah, you are indeed right that Ankoan are currently definitely not made to be used by players, but it's possible that they either already have a player model ready/near ready to go that can appear in a later patch or even a later 8.2 build (as mentioned before, Vulpera in the beta weren't player-ready either for a while)

Yeah, they definitely do use some animations from a few different races, I think. It's just that they aren't like on a clear player rig like Vulpera are as far as I can tell. So I don't know how much work they would require to be made into a playable race. All I can say is: more than Ankoan, less than Kul Tiran.

I hope so too. Personally speaking, Lightbound/Lightforged Forsaken would be pretty shitty imo. I think they're a shitty idea in lore and they'll probably be a recolor race at best- I don't get why people are so adamant about wanting them. :c
    The final set is completely up in the air. If Vulpera and Mecha Gnomes come in 8.2.5 though, people will see a pattern and the expectation will be there for a final set.

Lightforged Undead puzzle me too, if they come they will be Horde (I find the idea they will be Alliance incredibly unlikely), but the Horde doesn't really need an explicitly light aligned race as we have the Blood Elves to do that.

That and we have evidence for ONE lightforged Undead, Calia Menethil. There is as much evidence for a Lightforged Undead race as there is for a Lightforged Human, only one example of each.

The final set is completely up in the air. If Vulpera and Mecha Gnomes come in 8.2.5 though, people will see a pattern and the expectation will be there for a final set.

Lightforged Undead puzzle me too, if they come they will be Horde (I find the idea they will be Alliance incredibly unlikely), but the Horde doesn't really need an explicitly light aligned race as we have the Blood Elves to do that.

That and we have evidence for ONE lightforged Undead, Calia Menethil. There is as much evidence for a Lightforged Undead race as there is for a Lightforged Human, only one example of each.
    As I mentioned before, I feel like the idea of some kind of pattern where each allied race has to be based on an existing race's rig/skeleton and they're going down the line for each race is highly overstated and already contradicted by Kul Tirans and Zandalari males. I kind of wonder why people keep hanging on to it.

I feel like all the allied races have been derivative of original races.
    Draenei - LF
    Blood Elves - VE
    Night Elves - Nb
    Orcs - Mag'har
    Tauren - HM
    Humans - Kul'tirans
    Trolls - Zandalari
    Dwarves - Dark Iron

Thus I'm skeptical the Vulpera will be an allied race, as they're not derivative of a "base" race. They aren't a form of goblin.
    I'm not saying they won't be playable, just not sure they're an "allied race". Wouldn't they just be a "Race"? Unlike say, some new faction added to the game quite recently in a patch that also added in a derivative gnome that happens to be a derivative of goblins.
    Mecha-gnomes would work as an allied race though, obviously.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2019-05-02 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I mentioned before, I feel like the idea of some kind of pattern where each allied race has to be based on an existing race's rig/skeleton and they're going down the line for each race is highly overstated and already contradicted by Kul Tirans and Zandalari males. I kind of wonder why people keep hanging on to it.
    Well there is some sort of connection. Kul Tirans and Zandalari are still the Human and Troll Allied races, they just went a different way with them. And Vulpera will be ther Goblin allied race because they will reuse the Goblin skeleton.

It genuinely is a fair bet to assume that the final set will have something to do with the Worgen or the Undead. Could be wrong, nothing to say they won't try something different, but if the ten previous races did a thing, the final two might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Draenei - LF
    Blood Elves - VE
    Nightborne - NE
    Mag'har - Orcs
    HM Tauren - Tauren
    Kul'tirans - Human
    Zandalari - Trolls
    Dark Iron - Dwarves

Thus I'm skeptical the Vulpera will be an allied race. as they're not derivative of a "base" race. I'm not saying they won't be playable, just not sure they're an "allied race". Wouldn't they just be a "Race"?
    I know they borrow a lot from the goblins model wise, but they just don't meet what we've seen thus far in the established system. They aren't a form of goblin. Unlike say, some new faction added to the game quite recently in a patch that also added in a derivative gnome.
    "Allied race" never meant subrace, though. There is nothing in the term "allied race" that implies it has to be a recolor of an existing race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Draenei - LF
    Blood Elves - VE
    Night Elves - Nb
    Orcs - Mag'har
    Tauren - HM
    Humans - Kul'tirans
    Trolls - Zandalari
    Dwarves - Dark Iron

Thus I'm skeptical the Vulpera will be an allied race. as they're not derivative of a "base" race. I'm not saying they won't be playable, just not sure they're an "allied race". Wouldn't they just be a "Race"?
    I know they borrow a lot from the goblins model wise, but they just don't meet what we've seen thus far in the established system. They aren't a form of goblin. Unlike say, some new faction added to the game quite recently in a patch that also added in a derivative gnome.
    The amount of evidence in favour of Vulpera is pretty overwhelming. I could link it all to you, but it would take a while.

- - - Updated - - -

"Allied race" never meant subrace, though. There is nothing in the term "allied race" that implies it has to be a recolor of an existing race.
    Also this. If it was just meant to be a sub-race system, they'd have called it that. Allied races is a deliberately broader term. Sub-races have dominated in BFA because for many years that is what the people asked for. Now all the requests have been more or less met they can experiment a little.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Look, unless I can play a Female Lightbound Faceless One Warlock with a honkin' set of three boobs, what really is my reason for living?
    I with you on that one no matter what the allied race is im playing female of it cause transmog can do everything for you
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Well there is some sort of connection. Kul Tirans and Zandalari are still the Human and Troll Allied races, they just went a different way with them.
    That's entirely different. No matter how you slice it, Kul Tirans aren't made on the human rig and Zandalari (males) aren't made on the Troll rig. On the flip-side, Vulpera are on the Goblin rig, but aren't at all related to Goblins.

And again, the Night Elf male skeleton got used twice, which also indicates that there is no "Okay, we've already used this skeleton, so we'll use this other player skeleton next until we've used all player skeletons once." pattern.