Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    please, please make a thread with this, more people need to see this.
    Why would more people need to see that complete nonsense? The claim that "At some point afterwards, Anduin and Shaw send the Alliance player to Silithus" that that post relies on is outright false. The events of the quest take place in the second chapter of the book, Explorers' League was sent to Silithus halfway through it. Chronology of events is a thing. SI:7 mission and the Explorers' League mission are two completely separate expeditions. When the SI:7 reinforcements in the questline are sent to Silithus there wasn't even an idea to send the Explorers' League to Silithus. So the claim that SI:7 was giving samples to the League to study is also false. The questline mentions nothing about Explorers' Leage's involvement. The Explorers' League chapters in the book in turn mention no involvement from SI:7.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-05-06 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    Who needs to justify that? We are fine with his choices. To hell with banshee queen.
    How about you shut your piehole

Jaina is a hateful bitch

She holds the entire horde accountable for Garrosh. Guess what? Garrosh paid for his crimes. He was put on a trial. THE ENTIRE HORDE turned upon him for what he did, he was even killed by one of his own, and she is still pissed?

There is also that one time Varian declares he wants to kill all orcs after the battle in undercity

The alliance keeps attacking. Its the same as the allies and the USSR smashing germany to bits after the Nazi regime fell. If Anduin can't keep his dogs under control, we have to do something. Besides, the same people who whine about the genocide on teldrassil, are the same people that thing Illidan is badass. Ya'know? The same person that genocided ALL of outland for "the greater good"?
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2019-05-07 at 11:59 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

5+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos , he used to be feared by players during vanilla. No he’s just a fool trying to climb up a ghosts ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    How about you shut your piehole

Jaina is a hateful bitch

She holds the entire horde accountable for Garrosh. Guess what? Garrosh paid for his crimes. He was put on a trial. THE ENTIRE HORDE turned upon him for what he did, he was even killed by one of his own, and she is still pissed?

There is also that one time Varian declares he wants to kill all orcs after the battle in undercity

The alliance keeps attacking. Its the same as the allies and the USSR smashing germany to bits after the Nazi regime fell. If Anduin can't keep his dogs under control, we have to do something. Besides, the same people who whine about the genocide on teldrassil, are the same people that thing Illidan is badass. Ya'know? The same person that genocided ALL of outland for "the greater good"?
    WTH why u bring Jaina into this? DD

There are so many weak points in your statement. Baiting me? Garrosh was warchief and horde as organisation was under his command, ofc she doesnt like them. Garrosh was Thralls mistake and Thrall had to put him down for good, not only for jainas sake but for everyone and horde didnt rebel against garrosh right after theramore bombing, so yeah i can see the point how she feels towards them as organisation in general.

Varian and undercity was in wotlk and jaina was the reason why varian didnt slaughter all. Have no idea why you bring that up.

Alliance keeps attacking what? If Nazi regime fell and germany after 5 years starts to i dunno throw atomic bombs on allies or ussr maybe you didnt "smash them to bits" enough.

Your whole post is a mess, Illidan??? Teldrassil????? Jesus, whole bfa story is a mess, most of characters are laughable and so are you.

I wonder if the alliance will ever get some story, so far only Daelin and Arthas were true characters compared to the rest of the alliance which seems to be just there to react and being the crown that yells: GOD HELP US! or THAT GUY IS EVIL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The Alliance being the aggressors isn't a bad thing. The story with them always being lawful good (with chaotic good during the pre-patch I'll admit) is getting boring.

Who needs to justify that? We are fine with his choices. To hell with banshee queen.
    actually his high king was not fine with said actions and the story sort of fails to really show this except for literally 2 lines of texts.

players might be fine, but then again players were also fine with the bombing of Theramore so that doesn't really amount to much.

edit:

another thing that really sort of was lost was the fact that Genn's attack cost too much logistically... but then the writing sort of shits out whatever either faction needs whenever the writer wants a big ass battle for no reason except it's time to throw down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

Or because there's no change to Nathanos' characterization of any sort despite Danuser's "deep infatuation" with the character.
    Still no reply to my argument from Meh "Wall of Text" runes? Not even a single sentence to spare ol Tripzzz Mcnabb? Sticking your head in the sand won't make the truth disappear. The Forsaken have never had a primary character that actually looks like the player model ever play an important and proactive role in any cinematic. Putress was the only one and he was used as evil fodder. Finally when Nathanos gets promoted to a main character, he gets transformed into a gray human. You can thank Danuser for that.

You think a character's personality is all that matters? You could reduce Nathanos to a pile of green goo and as long as he still acts the same, nothing changed??? You understand that aesthetics matter right? The physical form plays a huge role in how we perceive things. This is why a child needs no information about tigers or bears to know they are dangerous when they first see them. Visuals do matter. How much sense does it make for Forsaken to be the only race whose leaders look nothing like the players? Right when Nathanos get major roles in game, he gets turned into a humanforged undead. Hmmmmmm. How convenient. The leaders of the playable undead look like a gray Blood elf and a gray Human. Must make Forsaken players real proud. Lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I wonder if the alliance will ever get some story, so far only Daelin and Arthas were true characters compared to the rest of the alliance which seems to be just there to react and being the crown that yells: GOD HELP US! or THAT GUY IS EVIL!
    Genn never used to be like that. Attacking the Warchief over what he believed to be betrayal at the Broken shore is the most morally grey thing that has happened in a while. And the Horde isn't in better shape either. You get to choose between stupid evil or stupid honor. You should just give your hopes up. Because the writers are trash.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Genn never used to be like that. Attacking the Warchief over what he believed to be betrayal at the Broken shore is the most morally grey thing that has happened in a while.
    This just doesn't sit right with me... calling the act of commandeering a multi-nation military force for a personal vendetta and singular purpose of causing lasting pain or outright death of a party because one wishes it hardly sounds at ALL grey... That's diving into the deep end of the alignment chart. Disregarding laws and commands by your superiors is everything BUT lawful and makes a hard case for neutral when the character in question is knowingly and WILLFULLY committing said acts.... and it can't be argued it was for a greater good since at the time there was no knowledge of intent indicating such.

After the fact when they were balls deep rushing into Eiyr's temple after going to Helheim and back kind of sort of realizing something actually was up... at THAT point greater good scenario can be argued. But that is LONG AFTER the initial attack you say is 'grey'.

IMO grey is the BFA start where we have a leader arguing peace won't last and a reluctant advisor seeing that that notion isn't wrong. Could have been a good premise but they then beat us over the head with the stupid and undefined 'honor' trope and war on life (that I have yet to see referenced anywhere except death text from elves). If the writers are trying to do "grey morality" they need to stop doing it as binary 'Blood for the blood god" alternating with "we must unite to stop this other evil!!!" with no middle ground in between.

nevermind bad self inserts that take characters and suddenly have them appear as more attractive versions of the author....

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    This just doesn't sit right with me... calling the act of commandeering a multi-nation military force for a personal vendetta and singular purpose of causing lasting pain or outright death of a party because one wishes it hardly sounds at ALL grey... That's diving into the deep end of the alignment chart. Disregarding laws and commands by your superiors is everything BUT lawful and makes a hard case for neutral when the character in question is knowingly and WILLFULLY committing said acts.... and it can't be argued it was for a greater good since at the time there was no knowledge of intent indicating such.

After the fact when they were balls deep rushing into Eiyr's temple after going to Helheim and back kind of sort of realizing something actually was up... at THAT point greater good scenario can be argued. But that is LONG AFTER the initial attack you say is 'grey'.

IMO grey is the BFA start where we have a leader arguing peace won't last and a reluctant advisor seeing that that notion isn't wrong. Could have been a good premise but they then beat us over the head with the stupid and undefined 'honor' trope and war on life (that I have yet to see referenced anywhere except death text from elves). If the writers are trying to do "grey morality" they need to stop doing it as binary 'Blood for the blood god" alternating with "we must unite to stop this other evil!!!" with no middle ground in between.

nevermind bad self inserts that take characters and suddenly have them appear as more attractive versions of the author....
    Genn broke no rules. Anduin gave him vague orders. "Do not attack unless the situation demands it." Genn was given freedom to choose what kind of "situation" would demand it. The last time the Horde and Alliance teamed up to fight an otherworldly threat(iron horde) the Horde attacked the Alliance in Ashran. Next the Legion invades, we team up at the Broken Shore, and as stated by Blizzard during 2017 blizzcon, the Alliance perceives the Horde's retreat as betrayal. Both Genn and Varian talk about it during the cinematic. Genn is a vengeful person. He wanted to avenge his dead friend. That gives him justification from his perspective.

How are Horde players still confused about why Genn instigated an attack during Stormheim? The Alliance in lore believes the Horde betrayed them during the broken shore. Varian was killed and Genn wanted revenge. In the Stormheim cinematic Genn literally says "For Varian!" as one of his reasons. This is what blizzard said so themselves.

J. Allan Brack at 1h4m35s

"Alliance. Alliance. You do not forget the Broken Shore. You do not forget the betrayal that lead to the death of your own King Varian."

And this is for anyone who wants to argue the Alliance should have seen the Spaceships beyond the cliff. The cinematics show no spacesphips from the Alliance PoV and Blizzard themselves state the Alliance perceiving betrayal at the Broken Shore is canon. In game =/= Lore. Otherwise entire cities are only a few houses and NPCs are literally retarded. In game you stand in a raid bosses room getting ready and they don't see your whole group 30 yards away?
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2019-05-08 at 04:58 AM.

Genn broke no rules. Anduin gave him vague orders. "Do not attack unless the situation demands it."
    This is a load of horseshit. He was told NOT to engage. Even if you want to argue "unless teh situation demands"... seeing your target isn't enough to justify the demand, even moreso when we can confirm that the attack was made before even confirming the desired target was even present. The attack off the coast of Stormheim was NOT at all in demand from the information provided
    Genn was given freedom to choose what kind of "situation" would demand it. The last time the Horde and Alliance teamed up to fight an otherworldly threat(iron horde) the Horde attacked the Alliance in Ashran.
    Ashran is the exact opposite of how BFA's start was made.

I'm not sure Ashran is the best example to use when the alliance was stated to be looking for something to use against the horde in the first place.

Next the Legion invades, we team up at the Broken Shore, and as stated by Blizzard during 2017 blizzcon, the Alliance perceives the Horde's retreat as betrayal. Both Genn and Varian talk about it during the cinematic. Genn is a vengeful person. He wanted to avenge his dead friend. That gives him justification from his perspective.
    Genn's line also goes on with his more desired reasons for vengeance and continues "For Gilneas. For MY SON!" It's clear he holds more weight on the latter parts for his motivation.

Genn wanting to get even isn't any real justification anymore than Garrosh wanting to solve his nation's problems is justification for eliminating threats in an over the top method.

Genn broke no rules. Anduin gave him vague orders. "Do not attack unless the situation demands it." Genn was given freedom to choose what kind of "situation" would demand it.
    And yet Anduin's own views on his orders and how Genn treated them is that Genn broke those orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

WTH why u bring Jaina into this? DD

There are so many weak points in your statement. Baiting me? Garrosh was warchief and horde as organisation was under his command, ofc she doesnt like them. Garrosh was Thralls mistake and Thrall had to put him down for good, not only for jainas sake but for everyone and horde didnt rebel against garrosh right after theramore bombing, so yeah i can see the point how she feels towards them as organisation in general.

Varian and undercity was in wotlk and jaina was the reason why varian didnt slaughter all. Have no idea why you bring that up.

Alliance keeps attacking what? If Nazi regime fell and germany after 5 years starts to i dunno throw atomic bombs on allies or ussr maybe you didnt "smash them to bits" enough.

Your whole post is a mess, Illidan??? Teldrassil????? Jesus, whole bfa story is a mess, most of characters are laughable and so are you.
    Hmm... A jaina avatar and an alliance fanboy, now why would I bring jaina into this..?

It's not like anyone in the horde had a say in who was made warchief, and are you telling me Thrall was supposed to know Garrosh would become an insane Warmongerer? He was a damn war hero back in BC and Wotlk, answell as in Cata.

Theramore had it coming.
    A huge road going through the whole marsh with steam powered tanks and legions of troops heading directly into Horde territory ultimately leading to the destruction of camp taurujo and assaults on the Mulgore gate. I really don't understand why the horde removing Theramore of the map was such a morally terrible thing to do when really they were provoked into doing it. And people say Jaina was peaceful up until MoP LOL "B..but we allowed people from Taurajo to evacuate first!" Well so did we, Baine made sure of that.

Yes Jaina stopped Varian. That was the time when Jaina was a good character. Now shes just a bitter cunt

"If Nazi regime fell and germany after 5 years starts to i dunno throw atomic bombs on allies or ussr maybe you didnt "smash them to bits" enough." What? IT WAS THE ALLIANCE THAT ATTACKED FIRST IN STORMHEIM

You yourself is a big mess. The stench of fanboy is all over you

Lok'tar ogar
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2019-05-08 at 03:26 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Genn never used to be like that. Attacking the Warchief over what he believed to be betrayal at the Broken shore is the most morally grey thing that has happened in a while. And the Horde isn't in better shape either. You get to choose between stupid evil or stupid honor. You should just give your hopes up. Because the writers are trash.
    I am mixed on that opinion, in one hand they did a good job with the zandalaris and the kul tirans but on the other hand the whole war storyline or the overall story arc is the most horrible thing they have come up so until now. Although I believe blizzard has the right team for small stories like the arc of Azsuna, Dread Wastes, Zul'drak to name a few and npc characters like Runas, the klaxxi, drakkuru, the ma'ghars of Nagrad like Jorik.

Now with the overall arc we need new blood or very good writers that can work with the mmorpg setting to tell a story or maybe take more time and actually think something good instead of rushing everything in every new expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Hmm... A jaina avatar and an alliance fanboy, now why would I bring jaina into this..?

It's not like anyone in the horde had a say in who was made warchief, and are you telling me Thrall was supposed to know Garrosh would become an insane Warmongerer? He was a damn war hero back in BC and Wotlk, answell as in Cata.

Theramore had it coming.
    A huge road going through the whole marsh with steam powered tanks and legions of troops heading directly into Horde territory ultimately leading to the destruction of camp taurujo and assaults on the Mulgore gate. I really don't understand why the horde removing Theramore of the map was such a morally terrible thing to do when really they were provoked into doing it. And people say Jaina was peaceful up until MoP LOL "B..but we allowed people from Taurajo to evacuate first!" Well so did we, Baine made sure of that.

Yes Jaina stopped Varian. That was the time when Jaina was a good character. Now shes just a bitter cunt

"If Nazi regime fell and germany after 5 years starts to i dunno throw atomic bombs on allies or ussr maybe you didnt "smash them to bits" enough." What? IT WAS THE ALLIANCE THAT ATTACKED FIRST IN STORMHEIM

You yourself is a big mess. The stench of fanboy is all over you

Lok'tar ogar
    You think that statue face is symbol of fanboyism? Have you seen the statue? Its bloody joke to character and a reminder that art team can do shite, you fell for it, gz to you.

Camp taurajo is classical thing horde fanboys mention, get over with it, horde did more evil shit and not because they were defending themselves so put your fanboyism in your ass ok?Say, Jaina is cool for you as long as she serves horde interests? She always was alliance character and always will be, since wc3 she was.

Thrall is responsible for Garrosh? Well for sure, there were Cairne and Vol''jin as possible choices, heck he chose him well gg to you.

Alliance attacked first in stormheim? Horde from Alliance pov left them on broken shore, im sure u play only horde, but story goes both ways. So please dont make yourself a fool and follow both sides so you can understand story.

There are no reasonable proportions in war. The Horde is free to react as it pleases. If the Alliance wasn't willing to take the Horde's escalation, they shouldn't have started shit in the first place. Rather simple. And your comparison stinks. The mother is a third party in the scuffle mentioned in it. Attacking Alliance in retaliation for Alliance's actions doesn't involve a third party.
    Try to apply that thinking to RL conflicts. Escalating skirmishes to genocide tends to not fly so well. Nor using certain forms of weaponry.

The mother represented civilians since you couldn't get that through either.

Blizzard forgetting things doesn't work as an in-universe explanation. And even Baine and Vol'jin were personally involved in things like Theramore, while Sylvanas sent a token force to shut Garrosh up. Even though Baine was revolted at the very idea of fighting his human overlords. And while the faction war took a back seat in Cata, it returned in force in MoP. Yet Sylvanas was still nowhere to be seen. Whereas Baine, continuing his example, helped out throughout 5.1. Vol'jin was officially dead at that point so he wasn't active then for obvious reasons.

And Garrosh being a salty fuck about Forsaken being in the Horde didn't preclude Sylvanas from working on her own. She already did whatever she wanted even when she was actually active in 4.0 with Garroshs' legates watching her moves. If she really craved Alliance blood, why didn't she continue the conquest of Lordaeron continent and attack Aerie Peak? Or why didn't she invade Wetlands given how it's only significant defense was utterly ravaged by the Cataclysm? Instead after finally securing Gilneas somewhere in late Cata she issued a naval blockade of the region that she kept up till Legion.

Except Sylvanas took over in Zoram'gar when Malfurion's Wisp blockade fucked with Saurfang's plans while Saurfang was sent on a mountain-scaling adventure in Felwood. Garrosh took no part in Gilneas after his initial moronic push on the gate that resulted in nothing and Sylvanas had to completely change the way that war was fought because Garrosh was deliberately wasteful in how he used the Forsaken because he wanted them gone.

And Jaina ex machina isn't really an argument about Jaina being overpowered per se (though she is given how her full powered attack didn't even make Thalen sweat and there are no events that'd justify her growth since then). It's more about the magically coincidental moment of her arrival even though she was acting all of her own and didn't discuss anything with the rest of the Alliance. Plus the other issues that aren't related to her power like how she avoided friendly fire or how freezing the Blight also eliminated all the vapor that was already in the air and was deadly all by itself.

Only because this is an MMO that relies on plot contrivance to force a status quo. Even putting Jaina aside, according to the balance of naval power at the start of BfA discussed in A Good War, the Alliance shouldn't have been able to even land in Tirisfal and if not for their plot armor Anduin and his lot would be fish food for Tirisfal's aquatic life.
    She became Warchief, and one of her primary reasons for grabbing Stormwind was to placate her vassal races with the spoils, which was obviously not a concern when she only led the Forsaken. My point isn't that Sylvanas wanted Stormwind since Cata, since we cannot confirm that one way or another. My point is that she wanted it before Silithus or the Gathering, which is directly supported by the book given that she says it's been her heart's desire for some time. She was already planning it, so much so that she knew which part of the place would go to whom. If all that doesn't scream "she wants to do it and has thought long and hard about it" to you, I dunno what should, and Sylvanas doesn't seem like the type to make idle plans and shelf them for funsies. She's planning for war, we know her reasons, so let's not act as if the Horde are innocent victims here.

As for conveniences and Deus Ex Machina, again, welcome to WoW where Sylvanas herself can suddenly raise a battlefield's worth of mindless undead in seconds, a feat only matched by the likes of Arthas or Bwonsamdi. Welcome to Alliance spies that thouroughly infiltrated the Undercity somehow not finding the building-sized Azerite tank or enough Blight to overwhelm the city and its surroundings. Welcome to Saurfang finding a helluva convenient tunnel that bypasses the wisp wall, whose existence relied on a long shot and that the NEs didn't know about despite inhabiting the land for 10 000 fucking years. Welcome to the Forsaken still somehow being able to produce Blight despite losing their primary production center after using up a city's worth of the stuff. Welcome to pre-rework Darkshore quest where a lone Nathanos makes a mockery of an empowered Tyrande. You're in the wrong neighborhood if that shit grates you. If not for plot convenience the Horde wouldn't have survived Mists at all.

And why still cite Jaina being unable to harm Thalen? That's old lore, made no sense back then considering she could freeze the friggin Lich King in Wrath, probably nobody at Blizzard gives a single fuck about it and Jaina is clearly far more powerful now, up to the point of being a raid boss. Let's stop pretending this one event is the defining measure of her capabilities.

You think that statue face is symbol of fanboyism? Have you seen the statue? Its bloody joke to character and a reminder that art team can do shite, you fell for it, gz to you.

Camp taurajo is classical thing horde fanboys mention, get over with it, horde did more evil shit and not because they were defending themselves so put your fanboyism in your ass ok?Say, Jaina is cool for you as long as she serves horde interests? She always was alliance character and always will be, since wc3 she was.

Thrall is responsible for Garrosh? Well for sure, there were Cairne and Vol''jin as possible choices, heck he chose him well gg to you.

Alliance attacked first in stormheim? Horde from Alliance pov left them on broken shore, im sure u play only horde, but story goes both ways. So please dont make yourself a fool and follow both sides so you can understand story.
    Ill get over Taurajo when you get over Theramore, it was completely justified. And im not even sure what you are arguing for with Garrosh? It's all thralls fault. Garrosh himself said he was not ready and still made him Warchief.

"Horde left them on the broken shore therefore its okay to attack" Okay lmao. They didn't even try to talk to each other afterwards. You know, it's not like they shared a city or anything... Greymane attacked out of petty vengeance from a war that had been resolved long ago and instigated by someone who is now dead. They were literally facing space satan and he couldn't put aside his petty ambitions for the good of Azeroth
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    This is a load of horseshit. He was told NOT to engage. Even if you want to argue "unless teh situation demands"... seeing your target isn't enough to justify the demand, even moreso when we can confirm that the attack was made before even confirming the desired target was even present. The attack off the coast of Stormheim was NOT at all in demand from the information provided

Ashran is the exact opposite of how BFA's start was made.

I'm not sure Ashran is the best example to use when the alliance was stated to be looking for something to use against the horde in the first place.

Genn's line also goes on with his more desired reasons for vengeance and continues "For Gilneas. For MY SON!" It's clear he holds more weight on the latter parts for his motivation.

Genn wanting to get even isn't any real justification anymore than Garrosh wanting to solve his nation's problems is justification for eliminating threats in an over the top method.
    Genn was told he could engage if the situation demands it. That is what happened. Genn believed the Horde betrayed them at the Broken Shore. The Alliance had no intention of using the artifacts in Ashran against the Horde. The Horde however had intention to use azerite to wipe out the Alliance. The only horseshit is your claim that they may not engage. Who says seeing the target isn't enough to engage?? To Genn, the Horde are betrayers who are responsible for the death of Varian. Varian is the first one he mentions. Notice how your reply fails to address that part. Lmao.

Sky Admiral Rogers says: "We are to track them from a safe distance. We may engage, but only if the situation demands."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Making_the_Rounds_(Alliance)

- - - Updated - - -

And yet Anduin's own views on his orders and how Genn treated them is that Genn broke those orders.
    "Broke those orders" yet Genn recieved no punishment? Guess him "breaking" the orders didn't mean shit. Care to provide the actual quote??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I am mixed on that opinion, in one hand they did a good job with the zandalaris and the kul tirans but on the other hand the whole war storyline or the overall story arc is the most horrible thing they have come up so until now. Although I believe blizzard has the right team for small stories like the arc of Azsuna, Dread Wastes, Zul'drak to name a few and npc characters like Runas, the klaxxi, drakkuru, the ma'ghars of Nagrad like Jorik.

Now with the overall arc we need new blood or very good writers that can work with the mmorpg setting to tell a story or maybe take more time and actually think something good instead of rushing everything in every new expansion
    For the most part i agree. But even the Kul'tiran and Zandalari storylines had some problems. The Kul'tirans should not have forgiven Jaina that easily. And they made Rastakhan into a moron to prop up Talanji. But other than that, the storylines were decent enough.

Genn was told he could engage if the situation demands it. That is what happened. Genn believed the Horde betrayed them at the Broken Shore. The Alliance had no intention of using the artifacts in Ashran against the Horde. The Horde however had intention to use azerite to wipe out the Alliance. The only horseshit is your claim that they may not engage. Who says seeing the target isn't enough to engage?? To Genn, the Horde are betrayers who are responsible for the death of Varian. Varian is the first one he mentions. Notice how your reply fails to address that part. Lmao.
    because I'm arguing his actions were more about his already established hatred that he was BARELY holding in check almost entirely because of Varian. You're saying that it was because genn felt betrayed... no Genn felt VINDICATED because the horde backed out. He did everything EXCEPT shout "Told you!" when he saw how things played out. I'm not going to bother arguing whether or not Genn felt betrayed because I don't think Genn was ever under any impression he could trust the horde to begin with.

Sky Admiral Rogers says: "We are to track them from a safe distance. We may engage, but only if the situation demands."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Making_the_Rounds_(Alliance)
    Now that conversation... if you remember how the conversation went continues:

Rogers: I highly suspect an opportunity will present itself
    Genn Greymane says: It had better.
    Genn Greymane says: I am not in the habit of tracking prey unless I intend on killing it.

No letting the scene play out we fast forward to the Sky Ship Rogers and Genn are manning opens up on the forsaken fleet from beyond heavy cloud cover with no explanation on why beyond they were within range....

It seems that the tone Rogers used in the conversation about her 'suspicion' and Genn's "It had better" imply they were already planning to engage regardless.

The lack of information about the initial engagement might be a plothole where Genn is somehow aware of Sylvanas planning something something evil something something kill everything (unlikely since he seems surprised about that possibility MUCH LATER when the story gets through Helheim) But given that they didn't even confirm that Sylvanas' flagship was present until after the hostilities commenced it seems that they didn't even BOTHER with their official mission in ANY capacity beyond confirming it might very well be a horde fleet in their crosshairs.

edit:

also the lines for genn and rogers I pulled from rewatching the the event in game, on youtube, and from the link you provided with the quest details.

You cherry picked what you wanted to prove your position but much like the fabled cat you stopped when it died and left off the ending of the tale.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-05-09 at 02:15 AM.