Thread: Home Invasions

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I haven’t mocked you one bit. Certainly some have attacked you but that wasn’t me.

There is nothing violent about confronting someone and calling the cops.

If someone is stalking you the same thing along with getting a record and filing a no contact or restraining order. That way if it happens again they will face more serious consequences.

How is that violence?
    It's not, I already said it's not. I was talking about the rest of it. I was just explaining to you.

I didn't specify who was mocking me, but it becomes clear just by reading the thread.

It doesn't matter, I'll just see if I can think up something on my own. People can keep posting their personal responses but I can guarantee they're all going to be the same thing.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance View Post
    It's not, I already said it's not. I was talking about the rest of it. I was just explaining to you.

I didn't specify who was mocking me, but it becomes clear just by reading the thread.

It doesn't matter, I'll just see if I can think up something on my own. People can keep posting their personal responses but I can guarantee they're all going to be the same thing.
    Well I admire what you’re doing even if I wouldn’t do it that way or agree. Thus I’m not giving you advice or mocking you. I was sincerely trying to give some helpful information.

I think violence should be the last resort but unfortunately if violence is already upon your family the only thing that can be done is mitigate that.

Anything else just conviction and follow through with the police. I mean often times just explaining in a very direct way someone has disrespected you and your home and they need to leave.

Someone stalking you may need help, that’s why the no contact order or restraining order is great. Protects you and them and possibly others by them getting help.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was to be an invasion in my home, all I had to do is 4 out of 5 available worldquests and then a scenario. So I'm good, brah.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Even though I'm a European, I'm not going to engage in the typical online snobbery a lot of the other European posters engage in.

You come into my home when me and my family is here, I'm out to kill them, because I'm not taking a chance that they're just some junkie trying to steal some cash or sell-able items when I have family in the house.

I'ts not something I'd ever want to do, but I'd much rather an intruder have to die than anyone under my roof.

- - - Updated - - -

Property crime is pretty high in the Seattle area, wouldn't surprise me if eventually that leads to more home invasions in addition to burglaries and thefts.

At my last apartment complex my car was broken into 3 times in a year and a half. Cops did nothing. They don't bother with junkie-related crime anymore. Just have you fill out an online report and that's that. Even the third time when the parasite cut his hand smashing my window and bled all over the place. Didn't even want to send anyone out to get a sample. I hope that cut festered or caused some permanent issue, but alas, probably not.
    I don't trust the police at all after an incident I had when I was younger. I had dropped of a friend at home after a party and this guy just starts following me, I made weird turns to see if he was following me or not, so I called the police to tell them I'm being followed by someone. Did they care to send anyone? No. I ended up calling my father to go meet me and he brought his rifle. I stopped where I told my father to meet, called the police again and said he's still following me, my father had parked further down the road and this guy comes and blocks my car off, gets out and starts walking towards my car when my father fires the rifle. They heard my father firing the rifle and suddenly they had a shitload of patrols to send. What the fuck? We only had to resort to that because of them not sending anyone to deal with that guy.

I live in central/east eu, so we have many gypsies who rob houses, elderly ppl and so on. Almost every house has been broken into on my street. So i installed some cams and got a drum fed shotgun, which fires rubber balls, against homeinvaders.
    Dogs can't protect you or your home, size doesnt matter, they will poison it and as soon as it dies they will visit you again.
    Atleast they can't escape with their trump card - "cause im a gypsy?" nowdays.

i don't own a gun. i do have a couple sharp knives next to where i sleep, and then there is always my 350 lb body pushing a fist the size of a bobcats head.

so as long as they don't have a gun and there aren't more than 2 of them, i feel ok.

what if they have a knife? then they better hope they're a goddamn ninja with it because if they cut me i'll rip their heart out of their chest. remember, you can't go through a rib cage. you have to go under it, through the belly button is a good spot to start

KALIMA!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    helping someone do something incredibly difficult that the large majority of people cannot do by telling them not to get training and practice, but instead go for the eyes.

nice
    Not to mention someone who had already said they'd do the best thing which is "run away"...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    there is a reason so many nice people with this mindset tend to end up dead in a ditch on the side of the road.
    and it looks like op left as soon as the thread didn't go the way he wanted it to.
    Someone has hacked your account and changed your avatar, just letting you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

My wife's cousin was killed when he broke into a guy's apartment and attacked him with a knife.
    You mean the burglar attacked your cousin, or what you wrote; which is that your cousin was killed in the process of attacking someone whos home he had just broken into?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Call the cops, What don’t you all have phones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Call the cops, What don’t you all have phones?
    What's this call thing you're talking about? I got my phone for playing diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post
    What's it like to grow up without crime in a comfy, safe suburb?
    Its westside, the only side, and the reason I got this thug life tatted across my chest.

Westlake hype!!

15+ Year Old Account
    He or she would be shot dead before the refuse to leave or rough up family options.

Then the ME would be taking them out in a bucket and some meat sacks.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    Does the point need to be made the vast majority of home invasions tend to end in extreme violence and death of those invaded? The only reasons when that is not the case is if the invader did not intend to have people in the house and wanted to commit theft.

Now that being said, some do see elderly people as easy targets or those that live alone. Having a dog can help be a deterant as well.

With this all on the table, if someone invades my house as im not very tall and not physically able to defend most people off (short female etc) and unable to scream do to being mute, your damn skippy imma shoot someone if they do not explain themselves or seem threatening.
    It does need to be pointed out that what you stated here is false. The vast majority of home invasions do not end in extreme violence and death of those invaded. They are done a lot of times when the home owners are not even home.

Here are the FBI stats about home invasions, burglaries, which are the same. From cases where the home owner was home at the time.

A household member was present in roughly 1 million burglaries and became victims of violent crimes in 266,560 burglaries.
    Simple assault (15%) was the most common form of violence when a resident was home and violence occurred. Robbery (7%) and rape (3%) were less likely to occur when a household member was present and violence occurred.
    Offenders were known to their victims in 65% of violent burglaries; offenders were strangers in 28%.
    Overall, 61% of offenders were unarmed when violence occurred during a burglary while a resident was present. About 12% of all households that were violently burglarized while someone was home faced an offender armed with a firearm.

As you can see, the large majority of those 1 million burglaries, did not end in violence. Only about 25% suffered some form of violence.

I do agree dogs can be a good deterrent to a home invasion if the intruder is trying to enter without notice and has no desire to be confronted.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-05-06 at 12:35 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I have a shotgun I keep in the bedroom closet and the shells in the drawer of my bedside nightstand. There is a knife in the bed stand by my fiance. There is a wooden bat in my room as well if not enough time for the gun. Also have a mosin nagant with a bayonet on it lol.

Assuming someone broke in and I heard it, I'd lock bedroom door and try to load shotty and keep bat near me as fiance calls the police. Assuming I'm awake and someone barges in or guest gets unruly, I'd demand they leave. If they dont, I'm in pretty good shape and fairly strong. I'd physically remove them. Sharp knives in the kitchen to threaten with. If you dont have a plan to keep your family safe from an attacker and are relying on cops, you dont deserve a family.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2019-05-06 at 12:42 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I have a shotgun I keep in the bedroom closet and the shells in the drawer of my bedside nightstand. There is a knife in the bed stand by my fiance. There is a wooden bat in my room as well if not enough time for the gun. Also have a mosin nagant with a bayonet on it lol.

Assuming someone broke in and I heard it, I'd lock bedroom door and try to load shotty and keep bat near me as fiance calls the police. Assuming I'm awake and someone barges in or guest gets unruly, I'd demand they leave. If they dont, I'm in pretty good shape and fairly strong. I'd physically remove them. Sharp knives in the kitchen to threaten with. If you dont have a plan to keep your family safe from an attacker and are relying on cops, you dont deserve a family.
    Mosin is the only reasonable choice in this situation. Plus, your rifle serves as an excellent pike or javelin, or a supreme war club (presuming it's the 91/30 model, but the M44 would work just as well and makes a RIGHTEOUS fireball).

On topic, I collect firearms, so...I'm stocked up, for sure. Scenarios one and three, I'm employing deadly force. With respect to scenario two, I want to know more about what "turns ugly" means before I answer that any further; if it's just a heated shouting match, bringing out the pistol/shotgun/evil black rifle is absurd, but if he's a threat to myself or others in my household, he winds up in the same position as scenarios one and three. The caveat is that if I can subdue the offender without deadly force, I fully intend to. But I'm not above responding with deadly force if absolutely necessary, though I pray to never be in such a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0329 View Post
    Mosin is the only reasonable choice in this situation. Plus, your rifle serves as an excellent pike or javelin, or a supreme war club (presuming it's the 91/30 model, but the M44 would work just as well and makes a RIGHTEOUS fireball).

On topic, I collect firearms, so...I'm stocked up, for sure. Scenarios one and three, I'm employing deadly force. With respect to scenario two, I want to know more about what "turns ugly" means before I answer that any further; if it's just a heated shouting match, bringing out the pistol/shotgun/evil black rifle is absurd, but if he's a threat to myself or others in my household, he winds up in the same position as scenarios one and three. The caveat is that if I can subdue the offender without deadly force, I fully intend to. But I'm not above responding with deadly force if absolutely necessary, though I pray to never be in such a situation.
    Lol with the bayonet it's almost 5 feet long. I'd just be afraid to shoot it cause that bullet is 100% going thru a body and thru a wall.

They're both violence and I'm looking for solutions that might not be violence other than the obvious calling police, as I don't care for violence.
    some people can't be reached through any other means but violence. It may be a last resort, and i'd try absolutely anything on earth before coming to that.... but if you broke into my home and were threatening my family, lol gl with that. I keep a loaded 12 gauge shotgun in the house and i WILL go for the double tap. You can break into my home all you want, just know that you'll be meeting your maker in about 1 minute and you won't be having an open coffin funeral.

I hate violence and never even take my gun shooting because i hope to never use it; but i'm prepared if my wife/kids are in danger. Hell, i'd honestly kill a burglar over my dog. Break into my home and your life is forfeit.

I have dogs and live in Canada so it is very unlikely. If for some reason they still wanted in even with dogs I would just put them in the sleeper hold and nighty night.

If someone were to walk in your front door and refuse to leave, and start roughing up your family, would you be prepared?

Or, what if you invited someone over, and things turned ugly, and they refused to leave, what would you do?

Or what if you didn't invite someone over, and they were just creepy and were stalking you, and they snuck into your house, and refused to leave you alone? What would you do? Would you be prepared?

As someone who has always advocated against guns and always tried to look for solutions around using violence, I've constantly wondered exactly how I could deal with a situation like you can see in some horror movies or in the news when I'm not sure if I'd want to use such force. I know the automatic solution is just to call the police, but exactly how do you do that if you're pinned down or things go down pretty fast?
    Who leaves their front door unlocked?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Lol with the bayonet it's almost 5 feet long. I'd just be afraid to shoot it cause that bullet is 100% going thru a body and thru a wall.
    lol Absolutely would. :P Just kidding and sharing in some Mosin solidarity (I've got one; Tula hex receiver M91/30). Though I suppose if you needed to employ deadly force **and** catch his clothes on fire, that's probably your best bet.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Who leaves their front door unlocked?
    My parents have for decades.