Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    We really need to think on this point though. I'm not doubting she's popular, but ask yourself, does every sect of her fans bring something to the game that wouldn't be actually a benefit to have scrubbed from the community?

Sylvanas evokes a broad range of emotions from players at a broad range of levels of intensity, but if WoW is telling the story that the hateful fires of the faction war are bad for the world and therefore the game, how much do you think they want team "YAY GENOCIDE! KILL THE BABIES! FACTION WAR FOREVER HATE HATE HATE" amongst the community? There are nuanced, mature players among Sylvanas' following, not disputing that, but there is the other extreme as well. Toxicity costs money. They will never tell players/customers "we hope you leave, you're bad for the game's vibe and that affects our bottom line," not directly, but that message can be sent by what they do to Sylvanas.
    This is a strong candidate for the most cringe post I've ever read on a forum. Ever.

You're implying that the Sylvanas lore can and should be a bait to remove 'undesirable' people from the community in order to... Save money?
    That's some Alex Jones grade thinking going on right there.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post

You're implying that the Sylvanas lore can and should be a bait to remove 'undesirable' people from the community in order to... Save money?
    I felt obligated to bring up the money angle to get out in front of “but muh sub money,” but the gist of it is merely a speculation that some of the crazies insisting to play villains in a heroic fantasy game can be sent a message by the treatment of Sylvanas. They did it with Garrosh, they flat out told players “this guy isn’t meant to be followed” by making him a dual faction PVEvil raid boss. The “Garrosh did nothing wrong” crowd were objectively devalidated by his fate. They did it with Varian by having him outgrow his crazy racist warmongering. The message was “this is the way,” and we moved on to Anduin when he died.

Now we have Sylvanas, and, well... the game is not going to validate “hope fails, /wrist.”
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-05-07 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I felt obligated to bring up the money angle to get out in front of “but muh sub money,” but the gist of it is merely a speculation that some of the crazies insisting to play villains in a heroic fantasy game can be sent a message by the treatment of Sylvanas. They did it with Garrosh, they flat out told players “this guy isn’t meant to be followed” by making him a dual faction PVEvil raid boss. The “Garrosh did nothing wrong” crowd were objectively devalidated by his fate. They did it with Varian by having him outgrow his crazy racist warmongering. The message was “this is the way,” and we moved on to Anduin when he died.

Now we have Sylvanas, and, well... the game is not going to validate “hope fails, /wrist.”

what a dumb idea

majority of the playerbase doesnt give a shit about the story anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    True. There's so much wrong with that so I wouldn't be shocked if Blizzard thought of it already. There weren't 5 old gods. There were 4 as Chronicle is written in an omniscient manner which means the information being given is 100% fact chronicling history from a standpoint that what is written is EVERYTHING. If somewhere before the first book it said "written by Lorewalker Cho", there being 5 would be plausible. However, it was not written by anyone in the WC universe. There were FOUR old gods. No more, no less.

Teldrassil also wasn't like Nordrassil much like the others weren't. They were simply big trees because they were not blessed by the proper aspects(Teldrassil wasn't blessed by any until Cata and still then not Noz).

- - - Updated - - -

.....HE CAN'T HAVE MERGED. The prisons stopped that. That was the point of the prisons. Amanthul was stupid after seeing "hmmm this was bad when I yanked this huge guy out....let's just isolate them so they can't do anything and let this titan mature" rather than letting their minions kill them without ripping them out. Much less Nzoth has been licking his wounds since before the titans came. Honestly when the titans came it was like Homer walking in to see Mr Burns after he attacked him "OH NO I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER THRASHING!" Nzoth is an imbecile and should not have been capable of anything obscenely devastating.

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC the only real reason she was in the area was to make the ships go out and then have to turn back midway wasting time while also protecting Silithus AND she wanted to kill Malfurion.
    Well, whatever it was, it was NOT The Burning of Teldrassil....
    Idk man, this whole thing makes no sense, why would she want to kill a powerful creature like Malfurion when she could have him as an ally fighting an Old God? Makes no fucking sense..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I just feel like the fanbase is going to collectively roll their eyes at the end of this expansion. Yeah, plot twists are nice, but this time it feels so close to MoP that nobody wants to go down this road again. There should have been hints more steadily paced to raise the idea that she's doing this for Azeroth and not herself. 8.2 is a bit too late to start tbh

And that also doesn't involve the devs telling us "guys it's okay she's morally gray" because nobody is listening.
    the story is already a big pile of sh8t, it doesn't make sense in every single aspect, for start why anduin/sylvanas are getting credit for 'fighting legion', when the main plotline of legion: class halls, was because they were NOT fighting legion, then we go to the burn of teldrassil that is shown off as a reaction because she didn't have a smart-ass comeback that literally no one agreed upon (even her pet Nathanos)..
    u know what ? the story is sh8t, u know every single sh8t part of it, no need to waste time to write it, seriously doesn't deserve it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    what a dumb idea

majority of the playerbase doesnt give a shit about the story anyway
    no they do... the outcry specially in BFA show that blizz (for better or worse) made everyone involve in lore, the degree of care is different but everyone have basic idea about lore now, that it is sh8t but at least they know
    tbh i never met ppl who didn't know about lore, yeah not everyone know Stalvan story but i never met someone who didn't know that this exp we fighting the big evil dragon who shattered azeroth for example
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Yeah, at 5% during the N'zoth fight Sylvanas will jump up behind him and stab him with the empty Xalatath.

Defeating/sealing him away once and for all.
    and how does she know all of this? ..
    It sounds soo blizzard and bland it must be true!

Sadly the people that do the writting for wow on the narrative team are just stupid at this point. Everything is suppose to be overlooked that Sylvannas did, just to progress the story they want to tell. Wonder how the world would have reacted if hitler did that in WW2. "Oh hey america and europe, lets team up to combat another threat." Then expected to forget and move on past everything that he did. Danuser needs to be layed off and replaced badly,along with Alex. It's gonna be another repeat next expansion. "Heroes you must team up again against another threat to Azeroth!" Nothing unique or interesting at this point, wow story just sucks. Usually its just the gameplay but with BFA the gameplay and story both suck. The loss of subs is proof of that and hopefully Activision is getting ready to lay more people off. Other businesses are in the processes of that.

Sylvanas' endgame is Sylvanas, and she's in league with N'zoth. The hints are all there, and anyone who thinks otherwise is trying to convince themselves that Blizzard won't write her out of the Horde.

1) The world trees literally have nothing to do with Old God prisons. They were created long after the Old Gods were imprisoned by the titans, and I have no clue where people got this theory.

2) N'Zoth asks Xalatath to leave the blade behind when she leaves to serve him. When the Horde player picks it up, they are COMPELLED by N'Zoth to give it to Sylvanas. N'Zoth isn't stupid, and he has the power of prophecy -- not to mention he's been playing the long game. He's about to be freed; if the Blade had any power to contain him and Sylvanas had any intentions in that area, he definitely would not give it to Sylvanas.

3) Sylvanas uses the Black Blade to find Nazjatar and lures both Alliance and Horde using the blade to that exact spot so that Azshara can use the Tidestone and bring both armies down. She knows this will cause huge losses to both sides, but that's fine because the real goal is to get the Heart of Azeroth and the champion to Azshara so that N'zoth can be freed.

4) In the previous expansion, Varithimas talks about Sylvanas to both Horde and Alliance players. In the Horde quote, he talks about how we "think" that we're the ones who put her on the throne. . . .but we're not. The Burning Legion is opposed to the Void Lords and the Old Gods; so it's reasonable that his comments here would refer to their doings.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about in point 3, it's from datamined 8.2 broadcast text.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Sylvanas' endgame is Sylvanas, and she's in league with N'zoth. The hints are all there, and anyone who thinks otherwise is trying to convince themselves that Blizzard won't write her out of the Horde.

1) The world trees literally have nothing to do with Old God prisons. They were created long after the Old Gods were imprisoned by the titans, and I have no clue where people got this theory.

2) N'Zoth asks Xalatath to leave the blade behind when she leaves to serve him. When the Horde player picks it up, they are COMPELLED by N'Zoth to give it to Sylvanas. N'Zoth isn't stupid, and he has the power of prophecy -- not to mention he's been playing the long game. He's about to be freed; if the Blade had any power to contain him and Sylvanas had any intentions in that area, he definitely would not give it to Sylvanas.

3) Sylvanas uses the Black Blade to find Nazjatar and lures both Alliance and Horde using the blade to that exact spot so that Azshara can use the Tidestone and bring both armies down. She knows this will cause huge losses to both sides, but that's fine because the real goal is to get the Heart of Azeroth and the champion to Azshara so that N'zoth can be freed.

4) In the previous expansion, Varithimas talks about Sylvanas to both Horde and Alliance players. In the Horde quote, he talks about how we "think" that we're the ones who put her on the throne. . . .but we're not. The Burning Legion is opposed to the Void Lords and the Old Gods; so it's reasonable that his comments here would refer to their doings.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about in point 3, it's from datamined 8.2 broadcast text.
    Tbh this sounds far more logical than the opening post. World trees connected to old gods just stupid.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post

Thx. Its the only thing that would make any sense from what we've seen so far.
    That being said, Blizz being Blizz, they will probably still pull a Kerrigan, because *plot twist bitches* (sigh)