Poll: Choose the right option

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It depends, if you live alone and isolate yourself then you really have no reason to be paranoid about anything simply because nobody cares about what you do in your life and who you are. If you have a large group of friends and family you regularly socialize with then some people could feel offended with what you do (doesn't matter if it's loud music or not). Social anxiety people that isolate themselves literally already solved the issue. If nobody knows/cares about you, nothing you do matters from a social perspective, you are meaningless and so is your anxiety that very moment.

And if you argue that strangers still could complain about the loud music that just means it's about the noise, regardless of what music you perform or listen to. You could be jamming on dishes and they mean the world to you, but the stranger doesn't associate you or your personality with it, he just hates the noise regardless what or who it creates.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-05-07 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I am literally afraid of playing music out loud, not because I think it’s rude, but because it gives people room to insult me.
    this is every person who has ever stepped onto a stage for the first time ever. the answer i've found, after going through some horrific shit and living to tell about it, is to take a shot of tequila (just one) and hit it.

you know if you're good or not, so if you think you are then go for it.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    People do care, and they will judge you.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I am literally afraid of playing music out loud, not because I think it’s rude, but because it gives people room to insult me. Like, they could be rude to me, and by extension about my tastes. Also, music is personal to me, so I feel like if they’re paying attention to what I’m listening, then they’re staring into my soul. But if I rationalize it, I know that no one cares to listen in.

One of the problems with being mentally ill, is that I’m at a constant conflict between my instinct and rationality. Like, sometimes I feel like something bad is going to happen, but there’s no rational basis for it. Malcom Gladwell’s book Blink shows that your gut feeling is usually right. But if you’re mentally ill like I am, can you really trust what feels so right for you?

What do you guys think? Am I being rational about keeping my tastes and intellect to myself? Should I trust my gut or rationalize things out instead?

My wife helps me overcome my mental illness. She tells me if I'm out of the norm. I trust her obviously. My mom and sister help too.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2019-05-07 at 02:42 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Do the two even need to contradict each other?

Gut feeling is not the opposite of rational, irrational is...

The real problem may be that you are giving this thing too much thought. Do what you feel comfortable doing if it concerns things that only effect yourself.

I'm just saying, you might be overthinking this thing.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-07 at 08:05 PM.