Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I am scratching my head. How can anybody vote against free prenatal and medical care?
    Because life, especially innocent life, is sacred. Except when taxpayers need to spend money to protect that life. Fuck that noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corpses have more bodily autonomy than women do now in Alabama. Because even if you die and your organs are perfectly healthy, they cannot be harvested to be used in organ donations if you did not agree to be an organ donor before you died.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, wanna see a graphic that is not at all disturbing?

Notice how there's no state that manages to break even 25%. Tyranny of the minority, indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

To the people trying to excuse this by saying "People in Alabama wanted this". Guess what? The majority didn't.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-abortion-ban/

Alabama is a conservative, pro-life state, but most voters there actually don’t support banning abortion in cases of rape and incest. A poll conducted last year but never before released showed that just 31 percent of voters in Alabama support banning abortion in all cases, while 65 percent of voters oppose banning abortion in cases of rape and incest.
    Vote these fuckers out, Alabama. They don't care what the majority of their constituents want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    To the people trying to excuse this by saying "People in Alabama wanted this". Guess what? The majority didn't.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-abortion-ban/

Vote these fuckers out, Alabama. They don't care what the majority of their constituents want.
    Companies that do business in Alabama or are planning to do business there need to be pressured to either pull out of the state or cancel their plans until this law gets repealed.

Ask the Christian fanatics what they think their voters care for more: Banning abortion or keeping their jobs.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Companies that do business in Alabama or are planning to do business there need to be pressured to either pull out of the state or cancel their plans until this law gets repealed.

Ask the Christian fanatics what they think their voters care for more: Banning abortion or keeping their jobs.
    Colorado Secretary of State kinda did that:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ing-to-alabama

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold announced Thursday that her staff was banned from traveling to Alabama after the state signed into law the toughest abortion law in the nation.

"I’m calling for a boycott of Alabama," Griswold wrote in a tweet. "Until Alabama allows for safe & legal access to health care for women, I will not authorize spending of state resources on travel to Alabama. I call on other state and local leaders in CO and across the country to join me in this boycott."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Hey, wanna see a graphic that is not at all disturbing?

Notice how there's no state that manages to break even 25%. Tyranny of the minority, indeed.
    Welcome to the Protestant republic of America.

It really seems to me that you all are splitting hairs by leaning on bodily autonomy and confining it to specific procedures done on the body. Besides, we deny this kind of bodily autonomy when a taser is used, or a legal injection, or when vaccines are required. And I know a broad definition of bodily autonomy would justify things like not using my body to feed a child, which is why bodily autonomy should have its limits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    It really seems to me that you all are splitting hairs by leaning on bodily autonomy and confining it to specific procedures done on the body. Besides, we deny this kind of bodily autonomy when a taser is used, or a legal injection, or when vaccines are required. And I know a broad definition of bodily autonomy would justify things like not using my body to feed a child, which is why bodily autonomy should have its limits.
    A child does not need a human body to survive.

It really seems to me that you all are splitting hairs by leaning on bodily autonomy and confining it to specific procedures done on the body.
    Because that's the actual definition. You trying to redefine it to make your argument work is your problem, not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because that's the actual definition. You trying to redefine it to make your argument work is your problem, not ours.

According to who? A Wikipedia article with no source? Even endus says it varies by culture. Can you provide an actual legal definition? And assuming that you're right, how are things like mandatory vaccinations not in violation of hat?
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-05-17 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-abo...h-care-1426643

To the folks in this thread talking about how this was "about the sanctity of life" and "caring for a child".

It's not.

At all.
    Just to add to that, Abortion is Immoral, Except When It Comes to My Mistresses

This was written last year but it's just as relevant now, detailing the hypocrisy in the GOP over their "pro-life" excuses for banning abortions.

Also, folks, refrain from discussing religion. It's what the trolls want so this thread gets closed like the other one.

But don't worry, Alabama, Roy Moore is considering running again so there's a good chance he'll split the batshit insane vote and a Democrat might have a shot at cleaning up the mess.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2019-05-17 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I am scratching my head. How can anybody vote against free prenatal and medical care?
    Basically, this:
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2019-05-17 at 11:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's not. And those who still think that are obvious lyers, mysoginists who are afraid of women, while hiding behind religious freedom. They are frankly pathetic humans that offer no value to society other than holding it back from progress.
    To be fair, most religious people are like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Corpses have more bodily autonomy than women do now in Alabama. Because even if you die and your organs are perfectly healthy, they cannot be harvested to be used in organ donations if you did not agree to be an organ donor before you died.
    Wait, so dead women have more say about their bodies than live women?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

you just cant make this shit up

Shocking moment GOP lawmaker says most rapes are 'date rapes or consensual rapes' while defending Missouri bill banning abortion after eight weeks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rtion-ban.html

10+ Year Old Account

that, or go nuclear, all women that are tired of that bs, leave Alabama.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to who? A Wikipedia article with no source? Even endus says it varies by culture.
    No, I fucking did not.

I feel like this is a worthwhile Twitter thread, if you have the time and inclination.

https://twitter.com/politicalmath/st...72690325037056

It only comes to mind because we have two warring factions offering extreme versions of how they would like to see abortion policy (The New York abortion law earlier this year on one side as an example, and Alabama here as an example the other way around.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I feel like this is a worthwhile Twitter thread, if you have the time and inclination.

https://twitter.com/politicalmath/st...72690325037056

It only comes to mind because we have two warring factions offering extreme versions of how they would like to see abortion policy (The New York abortion law earlier this year on one side as an example, and Alabama here as an example the other way around.)
    Only one side is extreme here.

Always with this centrist bullcrap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    you just cant make this shit up

Shocking moment GOP lawmaker says most rapes are 'date rapes or consensual rapes' while defending Missouri bill banning abortion after eight weeks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rtion-ban.html
    Consensual rape, about on the same level as consensual murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you Americans understand that up until now your gun touting bullshit was bordering insanity compared to the rest of the world, but with this now you've pole jumped yourself into batshitcrazyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.