Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alliance Ironforge vs Stormwind

I'm kind of excited for Ironforge being the main alliance capital city again. What do you guys think? Will IF return. Or will Retail and Stormwind carry over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Pretty sure IF will return as the capital. Wasn't that generally just a better hub for players, with better access to other areas?
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Pretty sure IF edged SW due to the searing gorge flight point providing faster access to Blackrock Mountain for endgame PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    I'm kind of excited for Ironforge being the main alliance capital city again. What do you guys think? Will IF return. Or will Retail and Stormwind carry over.
    Ironforge was the main hub for the Alliance during vanilla because it was the only city to have an auction house until patch 1.9, with classic starting on 1.12 every city will likely have an AH from day 1, so Stormwind could easily end up being the main hub.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    Pretty sure IF will return as the capital. Wasn't that generally just a better hub for players, with better access to other areas?
    Pretty much, yes. Also two races starting near it as well (tram does not count! ).
    I expect IF being main hub as well.
    @Schattenlied I dont think so, IF has way better connection to Kalimdor (Onyxia, AQ) and shorter flight to Naxx as well also easier to reach it for NEs.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2019-05-08 at 07:41 PM.

Ironforge is best city in game. Easy to get to SW easy to get to Menethil.

Also big duel spot right in front of the gates back in actual vanilla. Love the city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for me it was always Ironforge. Unless you were raiding Zul'Gurub, I found Ironforge the most convenient city when it comes to raid accessibility.

Ironforge > Blackrock Mountain (BLW + Molton Core)
    Ironforge > Methethi Harbour > Dustwallow Marsh ( Onyxias Lair )
    Ironforge > Methethi Harbour > Dustwallow Marsh > Silithus ( AQ Raids )
    Ironforge > Eastern Plaguelands ( Naxx )

Plus my hearthstone was constantly saved at Menethil for most of Vanilla. Also I was a mage so that made things easier too lol.

Plus it;s Ironforge and Dwarfs... nuff said :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-08 at 07:57 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Stormwind probably. No reason for people to congregate in Ironforge other than nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that both cities will be heavily populated. When I played on private servers, a lot of people hanged in SW.

Well since its time consuming to go from one to the other I think it depends on what race you rolled. If you're a southerner you'll probably hang out in SW for the most part. If you're a scummy northerner you'll hang out in grungy IF.

Sadly, if you're an easterner you might as well take the ship across the pond and jump off half way and save yourself some misery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hoping IF makes its return as the main city, I like SW but IF is just way cooler.

Ironforge all the way, so much warmer than sw, my fav hub in game, nothing can come close not even dalaran
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Stormwind probably. No reason for people to congregate in Ironforge other than nostalgia.
    or you know, its maybe more convenient, hence people went there originally

There is also much more space in Ironforge for people to stand between the bank and AH to show of their latest tier acquisitions.
    Stormwind is to crowded, hard to have a dick waving fashion show there.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Ironforge is slightly more convenient but storm wind got the pvp gear and items vendor and you can get the ony buff while you are busy afking there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ironforge. Best city design, and convenience of distance AH vs mailbox, as well best, fastest routes to the majority of raid and high activity lvl 60 zones as mentioned above. Also Menethil Harbor right there.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    or you know, its maybe more convenient, hence people went there originally
    It was only more convenient before 1.9.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ironforge is by far the most convenient city for alliance, its closer to everything worth doing at max level, in addition to being a quicker city to navigate.
    Sw will be populated by people who prefer its aestethics over the convenience of ironforge.
    I prefer Ironforge for both aestethics and convenience, always hated the stormwind canals dismounting me when autorunning while alt tabbing.

When leveling, you go where the quest flow take you anyway so main city at that point doesnt matter since you wont be spending much time in a city.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one reason why SW is so popular right now is because it doesn't have a roof. But in general ironforge is more convenient than SW
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    It was only more convenient before 1.9.
    It wasn't just about the auction house, but travel also. Going places took a ton of time back then. I mained a horde, and actually used Undercity as my hub for a few months, because I had a period of running Scholo & Strath daily. Never underestimate the convenience of shorter distance in a game without portals and flying mounts.
    We were created by the biblical God.
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony