Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    You seem a little confused. Being wrong reinforces nothing; I'm just here to empower players like you.

Because if this trainwreck goes any faster, not even the collective fanboy speedbump you seem to get with every new patch will be able to stop this one.
    Empowerment or just confused? You made your decision and now you are unsure. Were you right to quit WoW? Yes you were. Trying to recruit others to your "cause" smacks of desperation. "Was I right to quit?" No one cares. "What if I was wrong, maybe I should get others to validate my feelings by recruiting them?. No you shouldn't. You made your bed, now lay in it.

Thjis recruitment is just desperate and pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    You seem a little confused. Being wrong reinforces nothing; I'm just here to empower players like you.

Because if this trainwreck goes any faster, not even the collective fanboy speedbump you seem to get with every new patch will be able to stop this one.
    People have been oh so convinced of this since BC, dude. Go yell at the sky elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    @Polarthief the thing is, many people would argue that P3 is a pretty difficult phase in its current iteration and the nerfs make it extremely predictable and a LOT less healing intensive. It will still take some practice but it's similar to P2 now, it's a lot more methodical. It also opens up the possibility for DPS to use their 2 min CD cooldowns on both Wall + P3 Jaina. It might even encourage guilds to 4-heal it instead.

My guild is progging P3 with the kill elemental strat and even if they die quickly, you still have a small overlap of HoFs with engaging Jaina, and you still engage Jaina with a couple of stacks. Combined with prismatic image RNG it can get chaotic pretty quickly. Not saying it's super RNG but it's definitely harder to juggle all those mechanics at once, instead of the new P3 strat where you have a clear window to reset stacks after killing elementals and engaging Jaina.
    @trm90 Sorry for being 10 days late to responding to this, didn't see the notification: Guild just got our first kill on Tuesday and I have to conclude that P3 is in fact easier now, it just gets a lot more panicky, but I think that's just because we've had less experience doing it and people fuck it up more often (plus a bad Icefall can ruin your day).

We do Int 2 by nearly killing the original elemental right as we break out Nathanos, then we wait for the winds, the stacks from the winds to fade, then interrupt her with 0 stacks.

That said, our kill was very, VERY bad; we had 2 players alive and I believe they both were frozen (DoTs ticked her over the 5.5% threshold), but this was because a tank got frozen around when Icefall was about to happen, and the second tank panicked and ran on top of me (leading the rest of the raid for them to have a marker to follow) and Crystallined us. Now, if you don't crystalline the raid and have a tank get frozen (and instead dies before 20 stacks), this will be stupidly easier. Raid just needs to avoid one ray and an Icefall (maybe not even an Icefall if you have enough DPS since she died relatively quickly after it). Deffo some RNG with the image but it's not bad at all if you get 0 lances.

P2 on the other hand, you have the Avalanche waves, you have idiots standing in barrels when they explode, or not clearing stacks, or cleaving the barrel when they really shouldn't be because it's gonna break early MELEE WHAT ARE YOU DOING HNNG; also bad icefalls are way more devastating in P2 because they can super fuck you over way worse than P3 since you can go anywhere and not be limited by being near specific barrels. There's just a lot more bad things to ruin your day in P2 than P3.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I agree that P1 is the most difficult phase and constitutes most of the wipes, but these changes should reduce the number of P2 and P3 wipes by about 10 / 30% respectively, which is a pretty significant decrease in difficulty.
    The changes actually barely affected our P2 wipes. While it's nice to not get a sneaky Icefall during the winds, we've only had about 2 or 3 total wipes to that. We also had 0 P3 pulls pre-nerf (we had Int 2 pulls but Warlocks never interrupted, rip), so I can't comment there. Definitely cuts back on P1 wipes as well since we'd usually get around 30% of our P1 pulls COVERED in fire around the ballistas, but since the change, we've had ONE bad P1 pull where fire was on ballistas. Massive nerf to RNG there.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2019-05-23 at 10:34 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.