Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I wonder if it will be open beta, that would be the best thing for them to do.
    Closed beta is better for getting a functioning game. Open beta is for stress testing servers etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That said, it WILL be the golden age for WoW on twitch

Classic will be the best Wow has ever done on that site, not too shabby for a 15 year old game lol.
    Ohh it might be, the one thing I am looking forward to is that each player is going to be unique now, you build a reputation for yourself on classic servers, that part is not going to change at least

Any worn-out, has-been streamer could say "imminent soon!", when Activision-Blizzard already said Summer 2019.

Bravo.

I remember him saying stuff like this for other games. Most of the time he was wrong .. but when he was right he paraded his "inside" info (that was public knowledge). lulz.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-05-14 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    That doesn’t mean that classic will bring people back. It’s targeted to very specific target audience. No lifers and people who refuse to move on.
    So much jealously in this one... how terrible it must nbe tht other people excited for a game triggers you to this extent. Dude, you have BfA.. go play it huh? Go grind you some of that sweet, sweet, azerite power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    lololololol

Do people seriously still follow that slob?
    Only about 665,000... about the same number of people still playing BfA... :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Towelliee knows fuck all, that guy hated on classic more than everyone and he was so sure in himself and his judgement that he said "Classic will never be brought back"
    And here we are.

Leave Classic for the people who want it like Soda, Asmon, Esfand, Mizkif and so on.
    Like most money grubbing streasmers... they will flip FOR a dime.

Mark my words. I think it will be open beta:
    - Why would they let streamers play for a day in advance if it was closed beta?
    - They don't need to test the tech that much (compared to whole new game/expansion). They need to test social stuff a lot though (which addons will be used, how fast will everybody clear raids, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if we for example see increase in difficulty of legacy raids during beta.
    - There are about 3 months until the release (with some reserve), that's perfect time for beta length (time to make 60, do some guilding and raiding, do some feedback changes)

My primary point is that they don't need closed beta that much. They already have working product which they want to release (it was written a decade ago). There may be some minor glitches but most of them wouldn't be found in closed beta anyway. The product is now basically ready and they need to stress this thing out to test this whole concept of stepping twice into the same river.

Disclaimer: I am mostly wrong with my predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    That is blatantly incorrect, the number is much lower.
    Ever buy a store mount or pet? And what about the watts of electricity you have burned up in all those hours of playing WoW? Buy a new video card at any point? New computer? Internet access? Well over $3,000 my friend.

Base WoW alone and expansions are right around $3000... Heck it may be more like $4,000 or $5,000.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Ever buy a store mount or pet? And what about the watts of electricity you have burned up in all those hours of playing WoW? Buy a new video card at any point? New computer? Internet access? Well over $3,000 my friend.

Base WoW alone and expansions are right around $3000... Heck it may be more like $4,000 or $5,000.
    Between base copies of the game, including 6 CE's, 125+ months of subs (I've taken a few sabbaticals, no statue for me), guides (mostly just to have, but they were helpful in the beginning), 4 PC upgrades, 2-3 video cards, 4-5 monitors, misc. peripherals..it would not be amiss to say I've spent close to US $10K since 2006...which works out to about $80 a month...I'd say I got my money's worth in entertainment out of it.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You're in for a big shock. mark my words for next year when everyone goes back to retail cause vanilla sucks :P
    What words will you eat when proven wrong? Will you eat a shoe? I get it you are salty your garbage retail version is deserted and everyone is jumping to classic soon but as you said it. Why can't you just move on ? Accept that classic is happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic can't come soon enough. So much more fun than any of the other expansions, combination PVE and PVP, professions that actually mean something, social interactions with an actual bearing in an MMO. I can't play a game for just repeat mythic+s or mythic raids alone, shits so zzz.

It definitely won't bring back the golden age of WoW, that has passed. But it can bring back a portion of it.
    People just want old WoW back
    I just want WoW without the LFR,LFG,Sharding and CRZ. I will play any version of WoW that doesn't have them fucking cancer systems in it!

And what about:
    that's not brewed, it's mixed in a lab. some of it goes into your coke bottle, some of it gets poured on blood stains on the road to clean up.

ot: not playing classic l m a o
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    What words will you eat when proven wrong? Will you eat a shoe? I get it you are salty your garbage retail version is deserted and everyone is jumping to classic soon but as you said it. Why can't you just move on ? Accept that classic is happening.
    Never understood why people have this obsession for Classic to fail.

Meanwhile both versions of Runescape exist just fine alongside each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never understood why people have this obsession for Classic to fail.

Meanwhile both versions of Runescape exist just fine alongside each other.
    There are various stages of denial. No doubt there are people playing BfA that are very unhappy with it.. bored... disappointed. But their addiction is still strong.

They will grind azerite until they vomit then go grind it some more. But instead of it giving them their WoW high, it makes them angry and irritable. They then come on here, see people high with WoW hype... and they unleash their frustration on us.

Don't get me wrong... I too am mad as hell at Blizzard for what they have done to WoW... but I broke the addiction... and can see clearly that Classic will take me back to a wonderful high that I miss.

#FeelsbadforBfAplayers.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    I just want WoW without the LFR,LFG,Sharding and CRZ. I will play any version of WoW that doesn't have them fucking cancer systems in it!
    In before some fucker makes a group finder addon, I hope they do not let such things happen.
    I am in favor of no addons whatsoever, not even UI addons, but obviously they're going to be adding the support for so.

In before some fucker makes a group finder addon, I hope they do not let such things happen.
    I am in favor of no addons whatsoever, not even UI addons, but obviously they're going to be adding the support for so.
    LFG addon would be okey really, since it's just the same as spamming LFG. You'd still have to talk with each other, run to the instance, befriend or be-enemy? each other. You'll add people you like on your friend list and yes, LFG addons were a thing already in vanilla =)

I mean, they said Classic will be out Summer of this year. So an exact date has to be soon. Don't really need any other info to know that.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2019-05-14 at 01:39 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that if Blizzard keep the servers separate like it was from vanilla to Wotlk then you will only be searching for people on your server and only your server..

There are various stages of denial. No doubt there are people playing BfA that are very unhappy with it.. bored... disappointed. But their addiction is still strong.

They will grind azerite until they vomit then go grind it some more. But instead of it giving them their WoW high, it makes them angry and irritable. They then come on here, see people high with WoW hype... and they unleash their frustration on us.

Don't get me wrong... I too am mad as hell at Blizzard for what they have done to WoW... but I broke the addiction... and can see clearly that Classic will take me back to a wonderful high that I miss.

#FeelsbadforBfAplayers.
    Everything is fun for a time. Classic will be fun until you are sitting in IF or ORG for an hour trying to get a group together only to find that the tank you finally got has crap gear and you wipe 3 times and everyone just leaves. It's all in the perspective. That's how I remember classic and the difference now would be I have less time to play.

But until that point, it will be fun.

I'm not jealous, I'm willing to play vanilla for the sake of fun. But i'm being a realist because vanilla is not an angel of a game that will save blizzard. it was a game full of flaws.
    And yet despite it's flaws... it grew to 7 million+ players... TBC to 11 million plus, and WotLK to 12 million+ NEVER dropping in subscriber numbers.

The game we have now, cannot maintain 1/2 it's subscribers for more than 3 months. That's not flawed... that just bad.

Vanilla was fun. Flaws and all. BfA isn't fun. Yes it has some sweet looking art... but nothing of substance.

You may disagree.. and that' great. I respect you opinion on Vanilla as well... I just don't share it, and i suspect there are many who feel the same way. Classic will do well, and if you do play it... I'm willing to bet the experience will be more fun than BfA and just might change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You do know that if Blizzard keep the servers separate like it was from vanilla to Wotlk then you will only be searching for people on your server and only your server..
    It is getting harder to hide my chubby.