Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Some thoughts of betrayal

Did Void Elves betray the Horde by joining a faction to wage war against them?

they betray the horde, but more importantly they betray quel'thalas and their entire thalassian identity by siding with humans.

Yeah theyre trash. Naturally, they should succumb to madness eventually but this being an MMO nothing cool like that can happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    The horde kicked the void elves from the horde...
    so no, they did not betray, they just joined the enemy after being kicked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Yeah theyre trash. Naturally, they should succumb to madness eventually but this being an MMO nothing cool like that can happen.
    nah tyhe whole point of being a void elf is you know how to control it so you never fall to madness, did you even play argus?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they betray the horde, but more importantly they betray quel'thalas and their entire thalassian identity by siding with humans.
    Um... no. They did not betray anyone. Lor'themar banished them from Silvermoon and the blood elf society.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Um... no. They did not betray anyone. Lor'themar banished them from Silvermoon and the blood elf society.
    yeah, they were told not to fuck with dar'khan drathir's research.

i don't even think the void was the main issue, it was dar'khan's research specifically. but they did it anyway.

then alleria showed up and only reinforced what rommath was warning about.

No. They were kicked out. And allying with humans only makes sense, since they were allied with humans before the Scourge. It's not like humans are the ones who fucked over the Thalassian elves. That was the Scourge, and to a lesser extent, Garrithos, a radical racist who made himself a general of a dead kingdom and has zero support from the actual alliance.

I'd argue them not joining the alliance was betrayal. Hell, the Blood Elves kicked out high-elves for not partaking in the Fel "gift" from Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Just like High elf were banned from the Alliance by Garithos.

The entire high/blood/void elf race is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post

The entire high/blood/void elf race is a joke
    Garithos has zero sway in the alliance. He was made general only because literally everyone above him died, and his kingdom was dead, anyway. He was a general of nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    No... they weren't... Garithos had no authority over the nations of the Alliance, all he had control over was his little scourge resistance force.

And the High Elves are in fact still members of the Alliance
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    No. They were kicked out. And allying with humans only makes sense, since they were allied with humans before the Scourge. It's not like humans are the ones who fucked over the Thalassian elves. That was the Scourge, and to a lesser extent, Garrithos, a radical racist who made himself a general of a dead kingdom and has zero support from the actual alliance.

I'd argue them not joining the alliance was betrayal. Hell, the Blood Elves kicked out high-elves for not partaking in the Fel "gift" from Kael'thas.
    garithos, dalaran twice, stormwind

human nations, all betrayed quel'thalas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Not really.

They were banished by betraying Quel'thalas by taking use of void powers so close to the Sunwell - to help being a better defense... They didn't betray the Horde for they were forced to accept the Alliance's hand as they had been shunned away, a little like they were forced to accept the Horde's hand as the Alliance turned their back on them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

To be fair they were only banished from Silvermoon for something they were warned not to do and considering who the Warchief was when it happened, I'm quite sure they could have moved on just fine and had places of honor among the horde. Instead they betrayed it because Alleria.

In a way, but it's worth noting that Umbric's group was already exiled from Silvermoon when they turned traitor.

Ironically their situation is about exactly the same as the blood elves when they joined the Horde, so it's pretty hard to throw stones at the void elves for simply joining a group that would accept them. Being exiled for wanting to research the unknown is pretty extreme to begin with, just like how shitty it was for the Garithos to exile blood elves for accepting help from nagas.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-05-14 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, they were told not to fuck with dar'khan drathir's research.

i don't even think the void was the main issue, it was dar'khan's research specifically. but they did it anyway.

then alleria showed up and only reinforced what rommath was warning about.
    But they still didn't betray the Horde or Silvermoon. I don't recall reading that Umbric was ever warned not to continue Dar'khan's research, only that they've been banished for it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the perspective. They feel betrayed by their nation because it shunned their magical pratices, but they are criminals of Silvermoon who did forbidden magic. As such, they are traitors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nah the whole point of being a void elf is you know how to control it so you never fall to madness, did you even play argus?
    Considerin how crazy the void elves are on island expedition as horde, im pretty sure thats not the case.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Why are you making the same threads every few weeks again and again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Considerin how crazy the void elves are on island expedition as horde, im pretty sure thats not the case.
    Some of em go crazy outta choice, but shadow priests have been doing just this for 15 years and are still fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Show me the laws of Quel'thalas, and in said laws show me where it's stated that practicing Void magic or studying Drathir's research in Quel'thalas is a form of betrayal. Warlocks study the Fel that laid waste to the world so many times before, they are not banished. Death Knights literally weave the energy that taint the soil of Quel'thalas, they are not banished. Don't give me the BS that researching Drathir's power is such taboo.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!