/Sit should trigger crit and reckoning / blood craze / enrage

I am pretty sure that /sit did trigger a crit as well as the effects (like reckoning) back in the days, that a paladin one shot Kazzak by dueling with a feral druid (fast 1.0 atk spd) and sitting to store the reckoning charges. This was later changed to reckoning had only 4 charges max. , but reckoning (as well as other similar talents) triggering from a sitting player WAS how vanilla worked.

That "not a bug" list is actually trying to fool us.

No, it wasn't how vanilla worked and it has been proven. When you sit, you don't take a crit. You take double normal damage, but the combat log register it as a crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    No, it wasn't how vanilla worked and it has been proven. When you sit, you don't take a crit. You take double normal damage, but the combat log register it as a crit.
    Dont bother making sense. 90% of ppl posting here never played classic back and then aND only knowledge they have is from PS.

If you sit and get hit you get crit. If it's a white hit you don't get any charge, if it's a yellow attack you do get the charge (this explain how the paladin that one shot kazzak got his charge, by sitting and having a rogue with lvl 1 daggers do any techniques to get the stacks).

Also if i remember right, you could still get the charge from a white attack if you sat and stood up just before the hit to trick the server in vanilla, and some people managed to do this in the beta too (it's alot more difficult to do and unreliable so it most likely won't be used).

Title: "/Sit should trigger crit and reckoning / blood craze / enrage

Post: I am pretty sure that /sit did trigger a crit as well as the effects (like reckoning) back in the days, ~snip~

Thank you for making your own statement irrelevant.

It did work in PvP. As far as I remember the Paladin who one-shotted Kazzak was stacking Reckoning by getting stabbed with a lvl 1 dagger over and over again. I never remember it working in PvE though.

Quote Originally Posted by vanil View Post
    It did work in PvP. As far as I remember the Paladin who one-shotted Kazzak was stacking Reckoning by getting stabbed with a lvl 1 dagger over and over again. I never remember it working in PvE though.
    It was patched after the paladin did that to not grant the charge. In addition to making reckoning have a maximum stack. This was well before 1.12.

Blizzard specified they would not keep bugs that were in any length game breaking. That was not a designed way of using the ability, so it was fixed.

no it shouldn't, and no it won't. bye felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyz View Post
    I am pretty sure that /sit did trigger a crit as well as the effects (like reckoning) back in the days, that a paladin one shot Kazzak by dueling with a feral druid (fast 1.0 atk spd) and sitting to store the reckoning charges. This was later changed to reckoning had only 4 charges max. , but reckoning (as well as other similar talents) triggering from a sitting player WAS how vanilla worked.

That "not a bug" list is actually trying to fool us.
    How about WoWWiki article from October 21th 2006?

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Sit?oldid=294765

Direct quote: "Melee attacks against a sitting target automatically hit and deal double damage. The first damage taken while sitting will cause a target to immdiately stand. The double damage registers as a critical hit in the combat log, but does not trigger abilities as a normal crit would (such as the Fury Warrior talent: Enrage)"

OP please explain this.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2019-05-19 at 09:24 AM.

We have a thread discussing false bug reports already: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-are-not-bugs

Closing.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis