Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    She never said "her".
    Stop with these disingenuous misrepresentations.
    Like implying a non-existent feminist agenda?

I know what analogies are, and I'm calling out yours as being incorrect.
    No, it wasn't. I made a point that a simple gendered statement could be used in multiple ways. You ignored it because it doesn't match up with your bogus theories.

I wont watch any show that pushed ANY agenda on me.. Supergirl or Batwoman, they are both trash.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    A woman stating that the bat suit will be perfect when its modified to fit her has never been used... ever. It's bad faith to use a highly specific piece of dialogue as a sweeping generalization of aggrieved feminism.

Also analogies. Look it up. Try using one now and again.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a criticism specific to Kill Bill but who gets to decide what's a strong female character? Men or women?
    How about the audience? And why shouldn´t men have a say in who is a strong woman or who is not? I thought people like you are all about inclusion and such stuff so why try to get rid of one part of the audience hm?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    How about the audience? And why shouldn´t men have a say in who is a strong woman or who is not? I thought people like you are all about inclusion and such stuff so why try to get rid of one part of the audience hm?
    Or maybe each half of the audience has differing views on what's considered to be a strong character. The IMDB ratings for Batwoman are telling. There's a distinct difference on how men and women rate the show. We're not all the same. Tolerance is realizing that we're all different and accepting the differences.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    I wont watch any show that pushed ANY agenda on me.. Supergirl or Batwoman, they are both trash.
    You are aware that pretty much every single show pushes some sort of agenda right? they might be subtle about it but they almost all have agenda's

Like implying a non-existent feminist agenda?

No, it wasn't. I made a point that a simple gendered statement could be used in multiple ways. You ignored it because it doesn't match up with your bogus theories.
    The problem with the show's statement is that it's neutral and could be interpreted easily to mean all women. There's no indication whatsoever she's talking about only herself.
    Your analogy brought a statement that's clearly meaning only the guy talking. Clearly.

Yet you keep acting as if that isn't the case, despite the text directly contradicting you.
    You're acting in pure bad faith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "When it fits me..." would have been better because it shows a confident ego about the person in question. Considering that she's trying to fit the mantle of Batman, that to me would have gone over well
    "When it fits a woman... is a making a statement. And it seems to me has little to do with being the caped crime fighter.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

I tried watching Supergirl. The thing with her sister being gay seemed forced to me.
    But the writing overall made it hard to watch.
    Unlike Buffy the Vampire Slayer...I mean Willow with Tara was a pleasure to see.
    It's all about the writing.

I'm looking for an honest, unbiased review of this show.

The problem with the show's statement is that it's neutral and could be interpreted easily to mean all women. There's no indication whatsoever she's talking about only herself.
    Your analogy brought a statement that's clearly meaning only the guy talking. Clearly.
    Except for one important thing:
    "I need you to fix his suit."
    "The suit is literal perfection"
    Funny that you clipped that part off. I wonder why?

There's no neutrality to it. The exchange clearly shows the intent of the character. Fix this for me. Any other interpretation is stupid. That exchange is so innocuous it didn't even occur to me that anyone would assume otherwise even knowing that the usual gang of idiots were already hating this show.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    Wonder woman is the daughter of Zeus, so he is his sister. yet she had a hard time defeating Ares who even as the God of war is not as strong as her that inherited zues powers.

Unlike Mr drama Captain marvel that got buffed to match thanks unlike her comic self .

Thor in reality is much stronger than carol is since he inherits the Odin force .

But may woman lead

- - - Updated - - -

This is how you make believable characters however .unlike the Mary Sue style of Rey in sw

Look the alien character for example she looks strong but vulnerable at the same time , people find her likeable.

Either way, SNW thinking and that end of the political spectrum in general have really done a number on the entertainment industry. Funny how prophetic Joe McCarhy was about Hollywood even back in the 50’s.

As far as Batwoman goes, I want the show to be good. Just like every other comic book show. Black Lightning was a little uneven at first but managed to build on itself. I hope this one does too. It just gets soooooo old that every CW DC show finds it necessary to showcase homosexual characters, basically for the sake of doing it.
    Last edited by ghays; 2019-11-22 at 03:51 AM.

Except for one important thing:
    "I need you to fix his suit."
    "The suit is literal perfection"
    Funny that you clipped that part off. I wonder why?
    ....because it has no bearing on what we're talking about?

There's no neutrality to it. The exchange clearly shows the intent of the character. Fix this for me.
    Yes, and also that the suit will never be perfect unless it's made for a woman. Her words.
    Not her, not herself, not THIS woman, not the woman standing there, not this "next" woman.... a woman. Neutral. Female.

Oh and speaking of "idiots", there must be a lot of them because the overwhelming reaction to that line was cringe. Just go check the youtube trailer if you don't believe it.
    Last edited by Malaky; 2019-11-22 at 03:59 AM.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

....because it has no bearing on what we're talking about?

Yes, and also that the suit will never be perfect unless it's made for a woman. Her words.
    Not her, not herself, not THIS woman, not the woman standing there, not this "next" woman.... a woman. Neutral. Female.

Oh and speaking of "idiots", there must be a lot of them because the overwhelming reaction to that line was cringe. Just go check the youtube trailer if you don't believe it.
    You hacked the exchange so you can continue your paranoid little rant.

Her, herself, THIS woman, the woman standing there, there is no "next" woman, a particular woman.

She was looking at the suit with clear desire on her face. She wanted it for herself.

PS Brigading is a thing. I wonder how many of those comments are from accounts specifically created to criticize or down vote that one trailer.

You hacked the exchange so you can continue your paranoid little rant.

Her, herself, THIS woman, the woman standing there, there is no "next" woman, a particular woman.

She was looking at the suit with clear desire on her face. She wanted it for herself.
    Which isn't being disputed.
    But the notion that the only thing missing from complete perfection wasn't herself, but "a woman", again her words, remains true.

PS Brigading is a thing. I wonder how many of those comments are from accounts specifically created to criticize or down vote that one trailer.
    And I'm the one accused of conspiracy theories.

Which isn't being disputed.
    But the notion that the only thing missing from complete perfection wasn't herself, but "a woman", again her words, remains true.
    Except that ignores the entire context of the exchange and even the entire point of the show. It ain't called BatAllTheWomen(EspeciallyTheAngryFeminazis),

And I'm the one accused of conspiracy theories.
    Post the link.

Has this abomination been cancelled yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You are aware that pretty much every single show pushes some sort of agenda right? they might be subtle about it but they almost all have agenda's
    What agenda is, say, House MD trying to push?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    What agenda is, say, House MD trying to push?
    House pushes a ton of different agendas that very from episode to episode.

But given that it has one massive over arcing one though out the whole series I’ll just go with the whole rehab/getting addicted to prescribed drugs and seeking help one.

House pushes a ton of different agendas that very from episode to episode.

But given that it has one massive over arcing one though out the whole series I’ll just go with the whole rehab/getting addicted to prescribed drugs and seeking help one.
    lol, ok.

He fakes his own death to avoid prison to spend time with his terminally ill friend in the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol, ok.

He fakes his own death to avoid prison to spend time with his terminally ill friend in the end.
    Ok and? Do you think the ending of house makes all the show casing of him hurting the people close to him and him self because of his addiction and the help that he needs to deal with it go away?

Ok and? Do you think the ending of house makes all the show casing of him hurting the people close to him and him self because of his addiction and the help that he needs to deal with it go away?
    The addiction that he never cures? Yeah, pushing a real strong social agenda there. Usually the best shows aren't trying to push some nonsense social agenda. I'll take irredeemable drug addict over muh feminism any day.

7+ Year Old Account
    The addiction that he never cures? Yeah, pushing a real strong social agenda there. Usually the best shows aren't trying to push some nonsense social agenda. I'll take irredeemable drug addict over muh feminism any day.
    First off you don’t just cure addictions they don’t work that way.

Second I think he is actually clean for the whole last season though I could be wrong.

Third he stops hurting the people he love and instead throws away his medical practice to spend what time he has with the most important person to him.

Fourth just because you are blind to obvious messages doesn’t mean every one else is.