Thread: V in cinematic

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

V in cinematic

After Saurfang killed both rogues in cinematic there is HUGE focus on rogue's eye where is V under it.

Many people wanted to know. It's just random scar or it's symbol? If it is symbol. Who is V?

If you see cinematic. There is no reason why Saurfang do not warned Thrall before they attacked him even he knew about them.

He is only person i remember with name starting on V. Maybe he is more than rebel fighting for honor. Think about it.

Edit: I mean this scar. https://imgur.com/KYWPJyN
    Last edited by Artelia; 2019-05-17 at 07:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    its a N or less likely a Z, not a V

no wait, you think they were under "varok" orders, so they(the rogues and Saurfang) set this theater, He is the bad person behind this.

come on now, this is a hell of stretch
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-05-17 at 04:57 PM.

seems like random putrefaction to me

Yes, because Saurfang carves his fucking initials into the rogues he hires for the purpose of his false flags.

???

It's just a chance to show off the high-res undead face they made and visually suggest Sylvanas' tears/tattoos.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I was confused about that tats as well. He was clearly checking to see an insignia: was it Sylvanas-related?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yes, because Saurfang carves his fucking initials into the rogues he hires for the purpose of his false flags.

???
    don't act like this would not happen or its impossible with this current team

It's just a chance to show off the high-res undead face they made and visually suggest Sylvanas' tears/tattoos.
    I think thee is more behind, no reason to highlight that in specific, if its n'zoth then we know where things are going.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that's just to show their decaying skin to mark them as undead
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't it have just been an undead Night Elf whose facial tattoo had become deformed in undeath? (Do cinematic NE ears poke out of their hoods or is that just a game thing?)

If it was an undead Night Elf, I wouldn't doubt if Sylvanas sent them with the plan of making it look like an Alliance assassination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think it's either a letter nor is it meant to call to Sylvanas - only the right eye appears to have that scar, and I think it's just meant to show the suppurating nature of the Forsaken visage as opposed to having any form of ulterior meaning. Saurfang appears to be checking if they're indeed dead (again) by ensuring the yellow glow has gone from their eyes, and the tainted veins and scarring is just meant to emphasize their previously undead state.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Couldn't it have just been an undead Night Elf whose facial tattoo had become deformed in undeath? (Do cinematic NE ears poke out of their hoods or is that just a game thing?)

If it was an undead Night Elf, I wouldn't doubt if Sylvanas sent them with the plan of making it look like an Alliance assassination.
    Way too small to be a Night Elf, it is clearly an undead human female.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I was confused about that tats as well. He was clearly checking to see an insignia: was it Sylvanas-related?
    That would actually be a twist if it wasn't her at all. Just someone piggybacking on her own madness now.

I mean, Sylvannas is smart enough to know, two random rogues aren't going to kill Thrall, and they sure as shit aren't going to kill Saurfang. This is either a setup to bring him back because she wants him around for another purpose yet disclosed, or Saurfang is lying about something. His "honor" is laughable at best, as we are aware. So I'm honestly curious to see where this story goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think it's either a letter nor is it meant to call to Sylvanas - only the right eye appears to have that scar, and I think it's just meant to show the suppurating nature of the Forsaken visage as opposed to having any form of ulterior meaning. Saurfang appears to be checking if they're indeed dead (again) by ensuring the yellow glow has gone from their eyes, and the tainted veins and scarring is just meant to emphasize their previously undead state.
    I don't know. It look sort of fresh, at least for a Forsaken. Granted, it could of been from a recent battle but overall just seems like a very strange detail to randomly add.

He did take off the rogues mask in search for something. If he did send those forsaken to assassinate Thrall (which could be a fun twist, Saurfang using underhanded, dishonorable tactics to get Thrall on his side), why the hell would he be checking for that? "Damn, I need to make sure that these undead are the ones I sent, not some other random forsaken who just stumbled upon Thrall"?

Other awesome theories:

1) V stands forfor Voss, elite forsaken rogue who is currently serving under Sylvanas and for some reason seems cool about it. Perhaps she is not cool, was given orders to assassinate Thrall and only sent her underlings, knowing they will fail and just get his attention.
    2) V stands for Velonara, dark ranger serving under Sylvanas. Dark rangers were previously sent by her to handle other important threats, including Saurfang.
    3) V stands for Varian, and it's actually Anduins plot. He mind controlled some forsaken, branded them with his fathers initial, formed them into secret troops and sent them to attack Thrall, so it seems Sylv did this.
    4) V stands for the Vanshee Queen, from the time she wore Vans to work.

I was curious about that too, but I can't make anything of it. The closest I could find to some theory that I might agree with is that the mark underneath the eye is supposed to be reminiscent of the shattered mask and Sylvanas's burnt-in tear-marks underneath the eyes.

Otherwise I'd just say the skin cracked open during the fight or was already cracked open, because you know... undead skin might do that.

Edit: he may have simply checked underneath the mask because he had a description from one of the areas they passed through on their way to Nagrand. You know, while following them there.
    Last edited by formerShandalay; 2019-05-17 at 05:16 PM.

The V stands for Vanduin

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I was curious about that too, but I can't make anything of it. The closest I could find to some theory that I might agree with is that the mark underneath the eye is supposed to be reminiscent of the shattered mask and Sylvanas's burnt-in tear-marks underneath the eyes.

Otherwise I'd just say the skin cracked open during the fight or was already cracked open, because you know... undead skin might do that.

Edit: he may have simply checked underneath the mask because he had a description from one of the areas they passed through on their way to Nagrand. You know, while following them there.
    I though the same thing, the mark was something like a tatto made to honor the burned tears of Sylvanas but then again the mark can be a symbol of N'zoth or maybe the so called god of death that has been hinted to be the boss of Bwonsamdi and maybe scheming something malicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

He sent assassins to kill himself because he's gotten that deep into self-loathing! It's so obvious!!!

OR, the eye mark was just stylization to make it more clear they were forsaken and not just very ugly, emaciated humans.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yes, it stands for her villainy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    If you see cinematic. There is no reason why Saurfang do not warned Thrall before they attacked him
    It's called the element of surprise. The rogues didn't know Saurfang knew they were there, had he told Thrall they would have attacked at another time.

They might have been sent by Valeera or Lilian Voss if the V does actually stand for something.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.