Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I know this, and have discussed with elecc before, both when he loved WoW 6 months ago, and now after when he hates it. It was more of an example of a retail hater being toxic or rude.

Both sides are toxic, I bet all of us has been toxic now and then as well. No angels here, just lots of human beings with emotions.
    i would say just a wow hater in general, i wouldnt dare slump him in with classic specially after this tyrade.

but yeah, people can be pretty toxic, since i started on youtube that has become much more imparent, people calling out things in the vid with right out hostility instantly, and when you correct them that the video is correct they go on full defence.

i had a dude who claimed we were wrong, reforging was not removed with wod, but removed with legion.
    i told him that no it was removed in wod
    he pointed out i was wrong, he remembered using it in wod, in ashran
    i then pointed him to the wow wiki
    he then claimed i was a fucking idiot and would never fall for that as i could have just edited it.
    i pointed out it had been locked since wod launched, as reforging was removed, so no one could edit it anymore, and has been untouched since.
    he called me an asshole

yeaaaaah thats about it.

we also have people like this

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't assume that you don't like current WoW, and I don't have to explain that for the third time do I? Because you have discussed so with me before that you don't like it. How on earth is that assuming?

I wrote that it's easier to take one side if you don't like the other side, as in you take side with classic since you don't like what the other side like, wich is retail. If that is so wrong saying that about YOU, I am sorry, but it's very much so in every discussion. People are biased, I am too. And that makes it a lot easier to take side.
    Except you're still assuming that I'm backing either retail or classic as a product, whereas I don't have strong feelings for either.
    I'm biased towards less retarded people, thus I am chiming in on the more retarded people. Hence the fact that I've, once already, pointed out that the actual contents of the debate doesn't matter in the slightest and that I'm more akin to a third party since I don't "side" with Classic people as they're also retarded.

You seem to think that everyone has to be black and white, when in reality it's all just shades of grey.
    Think of it this way;
    Some people like pizza, some people like hamburgers.
    These people will fling shit at eachother for liking said thing.

I however, like tacos, but I will tell either side off for being more retarded than necessary should the situation arise.
    That doesn't mean that I'm siding with either argument, simply that in the situation in question, I found one side to be more retarded than the other.

EDIT; to simplify, I'm not debating whether or not you know my stance regarding retail, but rather that I'm not taking a side in the argument between them.
    It's more telling off one side for needlessly escalating things.

You forgot those of us who absolutely hate BFA(even thou most of us were fine with Legion/MoP even Cata) and not rly into classic cuz classes/specs are a total residentsleeper shitshow in there. There's nothing wrong with "dividing playerbase", people have different tastes - let them fucking be, arguing is fun/fighting against other side is also fun and there's nothing wrong with it, world isn't a PinkFlavored safe-space with ponies/etc and internet also isn't.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    issue is he hates everything wow, he got banned for shilling final fantasy 14 non stop and then other stuff but i wont go into that. look into his old posts and his main account in my sig if ya wanna see that kinda stuff, i plan to keep it as a mark of his legacy, instead of all this racist nonsense.
    I’m kinda surprised he apparently got perma banned, I mean who will just make up stuff that’s easily disproven now?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i would say just a wow hater in general, i wouldnt dare slump him in with classic specially after this tyrade.

but yeah, people can be pretty toxic, since i started on youtube that has become much more imparent, people calling out things in the vid with right out hostility instantly, and when you correct them that the video is correct they go on full defence.

i had a dude who claimed we were wrong, reforging was not removed with wod, but removed with legion.
    i told him that no it was removed in wod
    he pointed out i was wrong, he remembered using it in wod, in ashran
    i then pointed him to the wow wiki
    he then claimed i was a fucking idiot and would never fall for that as i could have just edited it.
    i pointed out it had been locked since wod launched, as reforging was removed, so no one could edit it anymore, and has been untouched since.
    he called me an asshole

yeaaaaah thats about it.

we also have people like this
    No, but someone who doesn't like retail. I wouldn't put all of them in the classic box of course. It's the sense that WoW was way better before, but now it's trash, people who says it's trash takes classic as the glory of WoW and quit in WotLK, and managing to spout out that BfA is the worst ever without even trying it. Or BfA is the biggest shit ever, and liking WoW today and BfA spesifically makes you a shill, white-knight or just trash. That kind of mentality.

Your story there is just spot on isn't it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Except you're still assuming that I'm backing either retail or classic as a product, whereas I don't have strong feelings for either.
    I'm biased towards less retarded people, thus I am chiming in on the more retarded people. Hence the fact that I've, once already, pointed out that the actual contents of the debate doesn't matter in the slightest and that I'm more akin to a third party since I don't "side" with Classic people as they're also retarded.

You seem to think that everyone has to be black and white, when in reality it's all just shades of grey.
    Think of it this way;
    Some people like pizza, some people like hamburgers.
    These people will fling shit at eachother for liking said thing.

I however, like tacos, but I will tell either side off for being more retarded than necessary should the situation arise.
    That doesn't mean that I'm siding with either argument, simply that in the situation in question, I found one side to be more retarded than the other.

EDIT; to simplify, I'm not debating whether or not you know my stance regarding retail, but rather that I'm not taking a side in the argument between them.
    It's more telling off one side for needlessly escalating things.
    The latter post was more that I am just explaining why I made you as an example in the first place. But I get what you are saying, so once again, sorry for putting you on the spot

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Discussing moderation or the status of banned users isn't a valid topic for this or any other thread, so let's return to the original topic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    The latter post was more that I am just explaining why I made you as an example in the first place. But I get what you are saying, so once again, sorry for putting you on the spot
    That's fine, I don't mind if you use any of my posts as examples or however you want to use them, I just dislike being associated with groups of people that are.. let's say less than desirable.
    It's all good my dude, I hope you have a good day.

i like how people bash bfa for time gating when classic was time gating toned to over 9000

This has been a thing since the Nost server got shut down. The demand for Classic servers increased by a lot since then, to the point that Blizzard took back every word of them saying that there wouldn't be any Classic servers, and then having the ''YoU ThInK yOu Do BuT yOu dOn'T'' guy announce it.

I don't see a lot of hate from the Classic side of players now that they are close to having the game theyw ant back so bad. The BFA crowd gets a lot more aggresive with Classic taking up a lot of the spotlight, and the fear of making BFA feel like old news.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I see no hostility from the "retail crowd"..

However, I do see hostility from the "classic crowd", when you point out that Classic is far from likely to be the success "classic crowd" have hyped it up to be... THEN the hostility begins.

Personally, I want classic to succeed, but I don't see what a 15 years old game have to offer in 2019.
    it will offer a bit of nostalgy... Some die-hard-fans will play it, but not make..
    Some will switch for a while, but go back to retail..

I see people talking about 2-5 million players play classic.. That's up to 3x the amount of retail players (guestimated at 1,8M).. My guess, is less than 100K accounts will create one or more toons. 90% of then already have an active account. And within a year, it will be 25-50K active accounts logging in for Classic on on weekly basis.

But bring in NEW players.. I really don't see that happen.. If it does, HOORAY!! it just won't..

(and now there will be flames)
    Guess you aren't looking. The classic forms are trolled to shit.. I doubt its classic people trolling classic people...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m kinda surprised he apparently got perma banned, I mean who will just make up stuff that’s easily disproven now?
    lol, well telling the mods to eat shit and die in an appeal is a quick way to get that to happen.

btw keep up the good work guys. *wink* you know im talking about you... yeah you in the back, sitting at your desk/laptop/phone... good job, heres a medal.

I dont have a medal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Guess you aren't looking. The classic forms are trolled to shit.. I doubt its classic people trolling classic people...
    so are the retail ones
    and yeah the classic forms are trolling themselves, idk if you have seen but the classic community has started a civil war between the

"PRIVATE SERVERS ARE BETTER, CLOSER TO REAL WOW, THESE CHANGES ARE WRONG!"

and the
    "dude i just wanna play classic"

as alot of the P-server people are claiming stuff like well these

are bugs, and should be in vanilla.

or stuff like the values are off, or layering is not true vanilla, and any who support classic are not real vanilla fans, and only real vanilla fans play private servers.

When Classic comes out, I'll probably switch to it.

Back in the day, I found out about WoW about two weeks before BC. So BC sucked because everyone had flying and I was just hitting 60.

It'll be great to join when everyone else does!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Just because its a massive time sink it isn't hard, it's just time consuming. Back then it was hard, because I was 10 and I didn't know a lot of things, but any adult should have an easy time playing Classic.
    Also, MMO-RPGs were mostly niche, so there wasn't a, lest say, shared wisdom about how they work, making they general player ability lower than today's standards (just compare vanilla boss encounter mechanics with today's).
    And we didn't have pages like Wowhead, with lot of info + guides. We had Thottbot, but it pales in comparison.

classic WoW players too busy playing their beloved game to start hostilities of any kind

Blizzard (rightfully) treats the majority of its forums as a containment center for the worst kinds of people.

To an extent if you participate in discussions about the game, you are subjecting yourself to this kind of thing by your own choice. It's also the critical difference between forums and the actual in-game communities. In my guild we barely talk about classic, people just talked a bit who is interested in trying it out on Discord and who is not and that's that. No name calling, no berating, just a discussion fror those interested.

It's all about how you choose your company. It's best to just cut off toxic man babies whose main pastime is insulting others on line, it's not worth getting annoyed over which game is better. The sole thought sounds ridiculous.

Classic will be very well received. As like Wildstar.

Oh baby, i have predicted this a while back (easy prediction btw)

Its going to be chaos on forums.
    Its going to be an "all out WAR"

I dont apporve of this "war"

What should be said is that Vanilla and Retail are 2 different games for 2 different audiences...they can coexist in peace.

Get ready for the demand requests to change retail to be like classic....

However, I do see hostility from the "classic crowd", when you point out that Classic is far from likely to be the success "classic crowd" have hyped it up to be... THEN the hostility begins.

Personally, I want classic to succeed, but I don't see what a 15 years old game have to offer in 2019.
    it will offer a bit of nostalgy... Some die-hard-fans will play it, but not make..
    Some will switch for a while, but go back to retail..

I see people talking about 2-5 million players play classic.. That's up to 3x the amount of retail players (guestimated at 1,8M).. My guess, is less than 100K accounts will create one or more toons. 90% of then already have an active account. And within a year, it will be 25-50K active accounts logging in for Classic on on weekly basis.

But bring in NEW players.. I really don't see that happen.. If it does, HOORAY!! it just won't..

(and now there will be flames)
    There was literally a guy only like five replies before yours, going on about how "special snowflakes" who want vanilla have tiny little heads. You don't see the hostility because you don't want to. It's basically like with politics, people don't see the faults of their own "side", only the people on the opposite "side" are this and that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Pahahahah nice story.

There is hostility in both sides. I see it everyday.

I could link you endless posts from hostility of BfA crowd. Hell i can post entire threads of hostility.