Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't know why it should concern me that the president of the greatest evil in the world would try to blame others for it.

Putin is an existential threat to democracy. China is mostly focused on brutalising its own citizens at the moment... yay?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because if you look at it.. Objectively and unbiased.. You'd see that the true 'great evil' is the USA. The shit they've done in the last 100 years is terrible.
    And don't look any further back than that, because it's even worse.

I mean if it gets any worse it'll be nearly as bad as the shithole Putin made in Russia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The current horrible thing China is currently involved in are imprisoning Uyghurs, but it's not like the current US Republican Party cares about that whatsoever either.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Putin is an existential threat to democracy. China is mostly focused on brutalising its own citizens at the moment... yay?
    The other perspective to take is to not look just at the absolute state of current positions, but to look at developing trends and patterns in those major powers. Russia is moving against democratic systems, even internally, even via popular support (ironically). That's an issue. The USA is splitting in a way that may not be recoverable, and without such a recovery, you're looking at a future civil unrest or a balkanization of the country, either of which shatters their global influence.

China, on the other hand, has been trending towards greater civic involvement, better treatment of its citizens, loosening civic restrictions, etc. There are clear exceptions, like the current issues with the treatment of their Uyghur population; I'm talking really broad strokes here, and to repeat, I'm talking about directional trends, not end results; China is not a bastion of freedom, at all, today.

The question is, what does the geopolitical framework of the world look like in another 50 years? Another 100? I'm not ready to presume that the USA will hold its position for that long, nor am I ready to presume that China will remain as authoritarian and brutalistic as it currently still is, particularly when they're already in many ways loosening on such actions, overall, compared to 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because the US has drawn Europe into a retarded war and is destroying the middle east.
    Because the US has killed millions of people for its profit.

If the RF did these things, I'd complain about them too. And Putin is a dumb nationalist, I have more than enough complaints about the fucker. But calling them the 'great evils of modern times' is just dumb. If there is any great evil of modern times it's definitely the USA.

I don't like them, I really don't. I hate Russia.
    But a broken clock is right twice a day.
    The US does a lot of evil stuff and for selfish reasons the Russians try to oppose them, that's good. They sometimes do the right thing for the wrong reasons.

Like when Russia supports Maduro.
    Russia doesn't do it because they care about the Venezuelan people or about keeping the legitimate president in power.
    They do it because countering the US in this gives them a geopolitical benefit.
    Thank you for the awnsers.

I agree with you that the US is making the world a worse place to live in. When we in Europe found out that we where tricked by lies into the war against Saddam while we where trying to support our beloved ally who was recovering from 9/11 the US made it all to clear they are honorless, untrustworthy and are run by sick minds. Trump is just finishing that job, very fast.

I agree the US is part of the great evils of our time, but it isn't the greatest evil of the past 100 years. You came up with a century as time spawn

We don't allow nation bashing threads here.

Closing.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis