Netherlands: Putin's cousin launders $230 billion through Danske Bank

So far at least 18 former Danske Bank employees are facing charges in the case, including former CEO Thomas Borgen and his chief financial officer. The bank itself faces four counts of violating the Danish anti-money laundering act.

Igor Putin, the president's first cousin, has been associated with other Russian money laundering schemes but has always professed his innocence. To Howard Wilkinson, hearing the Putin name was further confirmation that something was wrong.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-the...es-2019-05-19/

Putin's rule has been very profitable for him.

Do you think this news revelation will have any effect on Putin's popularity?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    No, cuz its western propaganda.

*reads* Ah, it's that old Estonian story? Someone was finally charged or convicted? Should have said Estonia, not Netherlands in title really.

*reads more* Amazing how obvious used schemes were... amazing what you can do when compliance department refuses to look.

*reads some more* hmm, still investigations, no convictions? Going to take a while i guess.

"U.S. Justice Department and other federal agencies which are investigating Danske Bank. It's cooperating with the investigation as are J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, and Deutsche Bank USA." US investigation, interesting; i guess it'll resurface again in a few years.

Putin and Putin cronies/family did nothing wrong, all is just Western propaganda. Nothing to see here, move along.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where exactly does the Netherlands come into this?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Can confirm. I have been to Netherlands couple of times and it just reeks on U.S so to speak.
    Rofl

Anyway ot:

Russian 1% doing 1% things just a normal day in the world. But certainly how blatantly obvious the schemes are is surprising.

Then again I guess corruption goes a long way.

But I fail to see what this has to do with The Netherlands.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

What do the Netherlands have to do with this?