Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i made a player on Dalvengyr years back, was flagged as low pop. was told easier to get things than on a high pop server. that was wrong, it was hard getting anything done, finding Alch's, enchanters, etc. AH and economy was dismal to near non-existent. Blizzard years back merged it with 4 other dead servers, which only helped slightly and temporarily. before CRZ main cities were all dead, after CRZ depended how you shard in and out how many people you see.

5 servers merged are not close to what you will experience on illidan, area52, stormrage, moonguard and more. my Bnet friend farms epic proc staff twink/tmog item, sells on on AH on full/high server, gets 600K for it, so i head to westfall to farm, i get the item in 3 hours of farming, i try 120K on 5 merged server AH...no sell, 40K no sell, 30k no sell, 12K no sell, 4K no sell. i was hoping for 5 months worth of tokens.

when BFA launched, full/high pop servers, as you leveled players and got lucky 350/355 BOE epic drops with or without gem slot, they sold 1-4 mil per piece with easy sells. low pop server you would be lucky to get 100-300k to the point when most of the time when you sell a BOE it is swooped up by players $$ transferring in to swoop them up for a raider, raiding guild, or gold maker on a high pop server.

some say 900K on a dead server is as good as 3mil on a high pop server....no it is not. 5 mil mount is 5 mil on all servers, token price is same across all servers. i won't pay to move players on dead servers, also no longer play them
    It actually becomes profitable to farm all that crap on a dead server, pay to transfer a toon to a high pop server where it all sells, and then make your money back that you spent on the transfer plus millions more from sales.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It actually becomes profitable to farm all that crap on a dead server,
    Everything including current expansion zones is CRZ now. It's not like you're gonna get zone full of ore / herbs just for yourself in any possible scenario.

Cross server flipping is not always great either, even with battle pets you can cross server flip with no transfer fee the issue is they aren't selling on low pops, but also aren't even cheaper to buy them and resell on high pops. They're actually often listed as more expensive. But if you try to flip the other direction, buy on high pop, list on low pop, you're gonna wait months to even see a sale, it's already a slow market, slowed down by BFA gold crunch so people buy less vanity, and low pops have even slower moving market. So you'd be lucky to sell anything, or you have to be one of these youtubers that post 1000s of auctions across dozens of servers to actually see regular revenue (so being full time gold maker).

Transmog is even worse, that guy who "sold low level item for 600k super fast" was either extremely lucky or is exaggerating how fast it sold. Even the professional gold makers are gonna tell you transmog sells very slowly, and you need hundreds if not thousands of items posted regularly to see decent income. No freaking way you farm 1 item and make millions in under a week. They get millions because they have tons of items and openly admit that even if 1 in 200 sells, that's where the profit is from, not from hitting that 1 item goldmine. A single item might take months to sell and repay itself, even the most popular twink items or slutmogs.