Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

Nope, it's the law.
    So you're contesting that Winnie the Pooh is an inherently political entity and therefore deserves to be forbidden in China?

Because it sounds to me like the thin-skinned president and his political cronies took a joke aimed at disparaging his appearance way too far and took it out on a cartoon bear.

Can you imagine being even more sensitive than Donald Trump? It'd be like Donald Trump forbidding the sale of Cheetos; something you, apparently, feel would be a right and justified thing.

The ban is silly. It makes China look silly. It makes the president of China look silly. It makes the rest of the world go "Really? What a bunch of morons." It reinforces the notion that any and all political dissidence, no matter how paltry and petty, is met with extreme overreaction, because they're afraid that their grip is so tenuous that something as stupid as Winnie the Pooh could lead to their downfall.

It's what people that aren't confident in their rule do.

Which I mean I guess makes sense for China; they've always had a tumultuous political climate. Hell they changed political hands within living memory; they could do it again. But you know what they say; A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

It doesn't need that, if you want to change things you can democratically change that. The only place where civil obedience is needed is in the west because the people have no voice there as has been shown by several researches.
    "shown by several researches"

Are any of them... credible? You seem to use that sentence a lot but never verify them.

And no, I don't consider "China considers China to be the most bestest place ever" or "Communism Today rates China A-okay" to be credible.

I'm sorry dude, science says YOU are the undemocratic ones.
    Uh huh.

At least I can go buy Winnie the Pooh merchandise whenever I please.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-05-23 at 10:06 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's just funny and a little bit sad. China has all these modern trappings, internet, running water but the one thing they don't have and refuse to do is let people criticize the government.

All the progress they have made, all the profits go right back into protecting their fragile ego and precious image of the political party.

It's like being a parent raising a kid, giving him every advantage, and then not letting him make his own decisions, not letting him take his own tests, not letting him shoot his own baskets or run his own track, or swim his own swim competition. jesus christ dad take your hand off the steering wheel.

All of this leads to a ridiculous and degenerate culture of fear and silence.

Do you appreciate the fact that you can wake up every day and scream to the outside world "Donald Trump is a piece of shit!" You can do that every day, and still be free. You can do it on a train, you can do it on a plane, you can do it in the rain and no one will complain. You can do it in a song and you can do it in refrain, you can do it on the internet and you can do it in your brain.

You can criticize the left, you can criticize the right, you can criticize republicrats and demicans, and still go home at night. You can criticize Obama, Bush and Clinton you can criticize his wife. You can make a mockery of politics and still get on with your life.

I hope some day china has enough freedom where they can insult the government and nobody will give a shit.

No, he does not.
    Making fun of politicians isn't allowed because they take politics seriously.
    The same reason why the UK doesn't allow the usage of parliament-footage in comedy shows.

What massacre of Tiananmen Square?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...les-claim.html

Source?
    Lol. "We take politics seriously so you aren't allowed to make fun of politicians at all".. Wow... I hope most Chinese aren't as brainwashed as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    If I wanted to kill a lot of communists I'd just join the communist party and get promoted.
    As long as it's not the communist party of finland, I wholeheartedly hope you succeed.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    It's funny how we bitch and moan about most dictators except for China. We're full of shit aren't we?
    Isn’t that the truth.

iPhones, cheap shoes and bicycles are apparently far more important to the Western population.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

So what you are saying is that they have rules that aren't allowed to be broken?
    Yes, ridiculing their politics is banned. And I have absolutely no issue with that whatsoever.
    You are a complete moron.

People make rules, people change. So rules need to change. It's pretty simple. Also, who says the few people making the rules at the top, make the best rules? Politicians are PUBLIC SERVANTS they're supposed to be the voice *of the people* not silence the fucking people.

And ridiculing politics *being banned* is a good idea, ever, why?

What a dumb fucking post, like go ahead and infract me, but someone needs to be blunt about how stupid you are.

Perhaps it's better?
    In the West politics is like the final of America's Got Talent. Politics is treated like a game where everyone wants his team to win.
    I have to say, that I have felt exactly this way for awhile.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Does anyone have a real example of someone in history doing something even more badass than Tank Man? I think not.

Why are you guys going on about China when this is in Taiwan?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Why are you guys going on about China when this is in Taiwan?
    According to China, Taiwan doesn't exist, so we are talking about what does exist.

People are obsessed with polls, obsessed with who the biggest party will be.
    It has led to the point where people are voting tactically and where they even try to get people to stay home.

Last week I saw Eurovision.. Politics isn't much better nowadays.
    I'm not sure which is the biggest circus filled with weird people.

Thank you, just wait for the report.

I don't think the people at the top make the best rules.
    That's why I support a system like China has, where rules are made from the bottom rather than the top.
    The people decided on this, not the top. That is why people in China are so happy and optimistic and why we're on the brink of race riots, etc.
    Because it turns politics into a joke rather than a tool to improve our lives.
    HAHAHAHAHA

"That's why I support a system like China has, where rules are made from the bottom rather than the top.
    The people decided on this, not the top."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA

"That's why I support a system like China has, where rules are made from the bottom rather than the top.
    The people decided on this, not the top."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yeah, that is hilarious. No one could be that obtuse or out of touch.

Kangodo, 50 cent army confirmed.