Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Warcraft 3: Reforged

Is $30, a little too expensive for a remaster, they better be connecting the older version of WC3:FT with the new one so they can play together or give owners of WC3:FT a discount of some sort.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope WCR includes TFT. I want to watch Arthas becoming the Lich King in current level of CGI.
    And also hope they will turn Arthas vs Illidan into cinematic, like it was intended originally.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Is $30, a little too expensive for a remaster, they better be connecting the older version of WC3:FT with the new one so they can play together or give owners of WC3:FT a discount of some sort.
    It's not just a remaster, it's basically a remake. Given the visual updates these are all brand new models rather than just uprez'd versions of the old ones.

$30 for WC3/expansion fully remade isn't bad at all. I didn't think I'd be excited, but I'm actually pretty down with this given how much work it seems went into it. Hopefully the custom map community will be as good as it once was, because I need me some Enfo's and shit.

Yeah I'll definitely buy that at 30 smacks, would love to re-experience the story with fancy new models and all that + get to see what the custom community spits out.

Pokemaul will never look so good.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The question you have to ask yourself is "Will I get $30 worth of fun out of this?". Only you can answer the question for yourself.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I think it depends on the map making tools and how deep they are. If that shit has legs i could totally see it being worth it.

If i wanna play hots id play hots. Why would i pick this unicorn version over original?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I really hope WCR includes TFT. I want to watch Arthas becoming the Lich King in current level of CGI.
    And also hope they will turn Arthas vs Illidan into cinematic, like it was intended originally.
    It does include TFT (source: https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/). Can't wait!

Deleted
    If they allow me to easily turn the campaign maps into co-op like they did in the original I'll gladly pay that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was an amazing announcement.

A moment of silence, however for Diablo fans.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Will buy it asap. played wc3 for years. All the new custom maps that people will create, and all the old classics, Uther party, Footman wars, TDs. My hype is real.

Ironic that this is what won the opening ceremony for me...

A damn remaster.

Best announcement this Blizzcon. Cannot wait. Only hype i feel. But that Diablo after it... Wow.... Should had Diablo announce it's mobile game first so people would forget it by the time WC3 reforged was announced.

So sad....

Deleted
    Warcraft 3 Reforged is the only thing I'm looking forward to from all the blizzard announcements so far.

30 bucks is pretty cheap. I'll buy it with blizz bucks via wow gold. Best announcement so far
    Working on my next ban.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    The question you have to ask yourself is "Will I get $30 worth of fun out of this?". Only you can answer the question for yourself.
    me am that kind of orc!
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Deleted
    30 Euro for a remaster, welcome to ActiCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    i think you mean sad, instead of ironic
    Could Reforged lead to a new expac? Updated graphics could lead to something..
    Working on my next ban.

Only thing that'll salvage this ugly mess is if custom maps, campaigns and assets work with it, and if it isn't flawlessly then what's the point? Warcraft 3 has more than a decade's worth of custom art in models, skins and cool effects, and if they need to be remade, then you might as well stick with the classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not just a remaster, it's basically a remake. Given the visual updates these are all brand new models rather than just uprez'd versions of the old ones.

$30 for WC3/expansion fully remade isn't bad at all. I didn't think I'd be excited, but I'm actually pretty down with this given how much work it seems went into it. Hopefully the custom map community will be as good as it once was, because I need me some Enfo's and shit.
    Wintermaul tower defence please!