Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Horde What's next for Zekhan?

We all fell in love with Zappyboi in the BFA cinematic for his sick lightning move, but Blizz didn't put him anywhere in the questing or war campaign up until the Saurfang bit where he... shows up out of nowhere in the middle of redridge, no explanation for who he is or how he got there ingame.

What do you hope Blizz does with him next?

Personally, I'd have Zekhan work on recruiting from other troll tribes to bolster the Horde forces that oppose Sylvanas, but also to stand up to fringe Alliance forces in EK.

Ex: Alliance wins the Battle for Stromgarde and start wiping out both the Horde and Witherbark / Ogre forces in Arathi, so Zekhan and the Revantusk evacuate everyone to Hammerfall and then into the mountains to get to the Revantusk in hinterlands.
    Twas brillig

The best thing for Zekhan would be to appear in some minor quests where he could accompany PC in some minor tasks. Like going to some scenario where he helps kill enemies and use his magic to destroy obstacles.

Small steps by step so we could see him slowly but nicely grow. I think I can speak for majority when they were hoping for him to be like Nazgrim. NPC that grows as the expansions goes.

But as you said he was randomly thrown in redridge to help people make correct choice and side with Saurfang. Which was unexplained why he get there, how did he found him, and why nobody spot him in Redrige if it was such a protected area apparently. It was not good placement and I guess everyone expected better introduction in game for him.

So now i hope they realized their mistake and will put him in less controversial places, so he could grow to loveable hero.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

He was stabbed to death off screen

We will either be follower in next expansion mission table or he will be forgotten forever.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I actually do hope to see more of him, despite having little care for the twerp I think hes a perfect way they can focus on building up new Horde characters that actually hold a structured ideal vs the random omnicidal plague that seems to run through the current crop. Blizz is at their best when they "Accidentally" create a character, which was what made Delaryn so tragic.

The rebellion plotline taints anyone who comes into contact with it. Memeboi was at his most popular as an organic joke when he wrecked people in the intro cinematic. He became divisive the second he became another mouthpiece for the interminable Saurfang storyline. So despite my first instinct being to say he died on the way to his home planet, a better route would be to just drop him off and use him as a proxy for the young Horde population after this blows over.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Look. If you really like him you must just hope he stay out of BFA. This guy can do more than just support rebels like Saurfang and Baine and if they put him on stage now. It would be his end.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He's a nobody that was given extra attention due to Saurfang's cinematic and given a minor role thanks to popularity among 12year olds. He will be forgotten post BFA or be given the follower/useless npc in X camp treatment.

He is just a random nobody who somehow received spotlight. Why don't we also feature in a cinematic Bob, that random footman who happens to meet Anduin before a main battle?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Sylvanas said that she has “plans for him” and then he disappears for a long period of time. He is either dead and turned undead or mindraped or just locked in torture chamber by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The rebellion plotline taints anyone who comes into contact with it. Memeboi was at his most popular as an organic joke when he wrecked people in the intro cinematic. He became divisive the second he became another mouthpiece for the interminable Saurfang storyline. So despite my first instinct being to say he died on the way to his home planet, a better route would be to just drop him off and use him as a proxy for the young Horde population after this blows over.
    I gonna say. Better have a meme character that rises to Canon because he got popular rather then have meme characters forced on you and on your Canon like Alliance got that with Keeshan and Harrison Johnes.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    I gonna say. Better have a meme character that rises to Canon because he got popular rather then have meme characters forced on you and on your Canon like Alliance got that with Keeshan and Harrison Johnes.
    No argument there. The meme questlines in Cataclysm, even in zones that are otherwise good like Westfall really messed with the Alliance. While the Alliance can theoretically bear ir better since they have a much bigger cast, in practice you get things like Keeshan and that blood elf-obsessed pirate as recurring support characters.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I in fact, enjoyed both Keeshan's questline in Redridge and Harrison Jones' in Uldum. Im not sure how recurrent are those two in day to day Alliance stuff but at least in smaller doses these meme quest lines are refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    I in fact, enjoyed both Keeshan's questline in Redridge and Harrison Jones' in Uldum. Im not sure how recurrent are those two in day to day Alliance stuff but at least in smaller doses these meme quest lines are refreshing
    Only issue i see is that they are a parody to rambo and indiana jones, and should have remained like that instead of growing further, while zekan is an original character.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    No argument there. The meme questlines in Cataclysm, even in zones that are otherwise good like Westfall really messed with the Alliance. While the Alliance can theoretically bear ir better since they have a much bigger cast, in practice you get things like Keeshan and that blood elf-obsessed pirate as recurring support characters.
    If anything - Keeshan became a rather prominent character in BfA, on par with Shandris. At least Harrison is nowhere to be seen but since we are going to whole “ancient lore” forest again with Heart and Azeroth he might yet bounce out of the box. And also - Horde has smaller cast but they at least getting representation and arent made from pop culture references.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The executioners block would be a good place for him and the rest of the Red Alliance to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The executioners block would be a good place for him and the rest of the Red Alliance to be.
    You and your frothing at the mouth when YAS QUEEN is in danger is so adorable.

As long as he puts on the mask and stops talking.

He was at his apex in the BfA opening cinematic. Everything after that demystified him and made him... less, somehow.

NO Zekhan. YES Zappyboi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You and your frothing at the mouth when YAS QUEEN is in danger is so adorable.
    Couldn’t give less of a shit about Sylvanas, put her there too.

Zekhan had potential in the Old Soldier cinematic when he saw that Saurfang isn't the greatest Horde hero ever he thought him to be, but a sadorc wanting to commit suicide by enemy soldier and willing to abandon his post and betray the Horde in the process to achieve that. Instead he got hooked even more on Saurfang mojo because reasons and was tainted by him and his new Alliance loyalties. So kill him for treason and let's hope Blizzard manages to do something with the likes of Rokhan, Vanira, Gardrin and Bwemba instead, because Darkspears are in a dire place right now.

Why does someone always remind me about Harrison Jones being a thing when I almost forget that Uldum and the colossal waste of its potential for the sake of a shitty pop culture reference are a thing.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-05-26 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea that Zekhan acts as a sort of mouthpiece for the younger (in-universe) Horde generation. The ones who've grown up without Thrall and Cairne running the show, who only know war, war, and more war. Who haven't had the ideals stamped out of them by constant battle, or are left clinging to those ideals as all they've got left. I'd like to see more lore characters in both the Alliance and Horde who are like Zekhan and Taelia: fresh-faced, still learning the way the world works, and still believing that tomorrow can suck a bit less than today.

Rokhan could take Zekhan under his wing and temper the lad, with Zekhan gaining popularity among his peers and becoming the next clear successor for Darkspear Chieftain (Rokhan doesn't seem terribly interested in the role and there are no other clear candidates among named Darkspears, all of whom have their own thing going on). Of course, this all relies on actual efforts to make a meme character more than a meme, which always has mixed results (Keeshan, for example, doesn't work as well because they're handling him in all the wrong ways, despite a Ramboesque character having some potential in the current war plot).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!