Poll: Would you like to see a "hardcore" mode/server for Classic

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you be interested in a hardcore mode for Classic?

Following the forums for a while, a lot of people seem to feel that Classic will be much easier because the playerbase is more knowledgeable in 2019 and has more tools readily at their disposal. If we assume that's true would you like to see a "hardcore" option to offset the modern WoW player's advantage. A sort of handicap if you will to make Vanilla difficult and a sort of added bonus to work towards after you've completed the regular Classic experience

Just a concept I've been mulling around in head.

- Hardcore would only unlock several months after Phase 6 is released
    - Could only unlock hardcore server if you have a level 60 character
    - Mob health and damage would buffed by 20% in the open world and 30% in dungeons/raids
    - Player base resistances would be handicapped by a permanent -10 for all sources
    - Player deaths would make you lose experience and repair costs would be increased

If you have any more thoughts or ideas feel to add them.

I would want a "HC" mode for a classic but not in the concept you propose. In my dream world, the best thing Blizz could do is to add Mythic+ for classic dungeons but w/o gear rewards or at least not as the one which can compete with or even be better than actual raiding gear. As for the raids, i would've loved to see HC for them, either by separate regime or ability to turn HC on by encounter design/mechanics like in Ulduar for example.

Imo : Buffing open world mobs by 20% won't accomplish anything, but will make things more tedious with leveling taking slightly longer, if that is the purpuse behind this change they could simply reduce exp gain from everything to 0.8x and be done with it.

phase 2 could be if you die anywhere your character is deleted . . . . . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The only true hardcore is: Your character dies and you cannot play him again. Everything else could be playing naked.

some one beat me to it

It would be pretty drastic depending on classes... level a warr to 10 to unlock 2 handers would be murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    It would be pretty drastic depending on classes... level a warr to 10 to unlock 2 handers would be murder.
    Especially with how bad warriors are against same level mobs without handicaps.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The only true hardcore is: Your character dies and you cannot play him again. Everything else could be playing naked.
    So you want a server that's 99% tanks, healers, hunters and warlocks?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    So you want a server that's 99% tanks, healers, hunters and warlocks?
    Shaman? Do they get to rez once? Warlock soul stone rez?

You mean grinding giraffe hooves for 3 hours in the Barrens isn't hardcore enough for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Following the forums for a while, a lot of people seem to feel that Classic will be much easier because the playerbase is more knowledgeable in 2019 and has more tools readily at their disposal. If we assume that's true would you like to see a "hardcore" option to offset the modern WoW player's advantage. A sort of handicap if you will to make Vanilla difficult and a sort of added bonus to work towards after you've completed the regular Classic experience

- Mob health and damage would buffed by 20% in the open world and 30% in dungeons/raids
    - Player base resistances would be handicapped by a permanent -10 for all sources
    - Player deaths would make you lose experience and repair costs would be increased

i like all those, except the health.
    this is not "harder", only lengthier.

give the mobs ore damage, more abilities, better ui, put them in bigger groups....
    but dont just increase their health. that's not harder, that's just boring.

also, i love how some people are like "NO!"
    well, just don't play it. And everyone's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Blizzard already had a loss of xp if you died. Blizzard even had it that it was possible to die while you were dead. Increasing mob damage and HP seems lazy. Not original and uninspired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    also, i love how some people are like "NO!"
    well, just don't play it. And everyone's happy.
    Thread title:
    Would you be interested in a hardcore mode for Classic?

"No" is a perfectly reasonable answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard even had it that it was possible to die while you were dead.
    Still can if you afk fly out to a fatigue area and run back to your corpse you can fatigue die again before you rez.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    How about you kill KT and then you can ask for a hardcore mode. Just because the player base has more resources at their disposal doesn't mean it will make it any easier.

Maybe after a year or two, when people have cleared most things... then they could add hardcore realms.
    As long a you can still play the unaltered version.

How about NO!

Classic means no changes in the content! If you want to make it more difficult for yourself go ahead and create your own challenges. No one stops you from doing 1-60 with "common" gear only. I know that some people actually did that as a form of challenge.

No changes. No exceptions.

So Nuzlocke but for wow? Don't need to make actual mechanics for that, people have been masochistic enough to do it on their own.

i wonder what sort of crack people are smoking coming up with such stupid threads everyday on this website

I would largely prefer a hardcore mode for retail like a mythicversion of world content. Once you switched to that mode, all mobs do 100% more dmg and have 100% more hp for 400+ ilvl players.

No. Just buff all raids, there's no reason to make a bunch of different modes.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B