Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Grinding mobs is the only way to extract money from the game.

remember, selling stuff to players does not generate gold, it just redistributes it.
    Yeah, to yourself, which I think is the point of this thread.

Runecloth will have plenty of use (rep, professions), so will have plenty of buyers. It's going to be your safest bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    That wasn't the reason, that culture just didn't exist that strongly yet.
    It'll be in classic, and there will be a ton of it.
    The raid has 40 people. There is small amount of items to be gained. Most of them worthless for potential buyer.

Both sides need to deem the transaction profitable. How many buyers you gonna take? 1? 5? 10? The more you take the less its worth for a single buyer. And how much gold is "profitable" for the carries? There will be around 30 of them. 1 raid per week. Resignation from getting loot that week. The exact sum is meaningless. It will for sure be much more than anybody is willing to pay. The carry-for-gold culture for retail was created because of insane gold influx from garrisons and class halls. Absurd amount of gold for everybody, requiring no skill, time nor effort whatsoever. Gold there was no good way of spending.

People might think they are going to earn tons by selling runs, but they wont find buyers. People might think they will buy their gear from carries, but they aren't going to afford it. There is going to be huge shock for everybody coming from retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get in on the early material game if you go mining with Thorium and Arcane gems. Herbalism might not see a huge uptick until flask recipes come out but consumables are still widely used. Devilsaur leathers if you don't get pushed out by the gangs.

Depending on your class you can also mindlessly grind certain mobs or locations or you could even create a services character like Wowhobbs and offer some kind of SM power leveling service for the drops.

Also, knowing what will eventually become in demand based on the phase means you could play the auction house for crafting mats or simply keep building up stock over time to dump at a premium.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Trying to be funny or just plain dumb?
    You know it

15+ Year Old Account
    Its called farming. ore, herbs, leather, gear etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    At 60, I used to farm at Sorrow Hill all the time, and another favorite was the orcs in the middle of Burning Steppes.

Cash, cloth, BoEs, as he says.
    Oh man, i spent so much time there back in the days on my Warrior farming for Epic Mount.. I actually can't wait to get back there!
    That and the Orge's around the volcano closer to the flight path.

I used to farm mobs in Western Plaguelands, and Tyr's Hand in Eastern Plaguelands.
    Sometimes farming Scarlet Monastery, Grave Yard & Library.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    AS you level? Gather stuff. Skin, grab herbs, mine ore. You can sell that but you can also use it to level the matching crafting profession.

The thing is, you don't need a ton of gold leveling except for the mount and training at 40. What I'll likely do if I play is to go 2x gathering to get that gold, then drop one of the gathering and level the matching crafting profession. But we'll see.
    you need a fair amount since skills actually cost you gold back in vanilla
    every new level every new skill pay up

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Just pulling from memory here:

- Sell those Argent Dawn rep items (bone fragments, etc) once you no longer need them yourself. Everyone wants that rep at level 60.
    - Righteous Orbs from Strat. Few and far between (since you had to roll for them), but sold for about 50G a pop on my server
    - Sell pretty much any kind of crafting mats that could be used at level 60. Thorium is one of the best, if I remember right
    - Sell flasks/pots/elixirs/arcanite transmutes if you're an alchemist
    - Farm elites in Tyr's Hand. Even if you bring a friend, splitting two ways is still profitable because you get a lot for killing those
    - You might get lucky and pick up a blue or even epic BoE at some point. Epic BoE stuff could sometimes go for a few hundred gold.
    - Enchants had to be done in person (enchanting vellums weren't a thing yet), and people would usually tip you to enchant stuff
    - Always pick up and vendor those statless gray/white weapons. You could get at least 1G a pop for a lot of them

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Dance on the mailbox
    Also this.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-05-27 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma84 View Post
    you need a fair amount since skills actually cost you gold back in vanilla
    every new level every new skill pay up
    I might be remembering wrong but I got skill gold, and other day to day stuff (repairs, etc) from quest rewards and selling grey/white stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    I wonder how blizzard wants to fight all the gold farming which will be done by gold sellers.

And even if.
    SusanExpress is already airing out their dungeon.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    I know there was no daily quest in classic wow or world quest with emissary . So how we earn gold and where we find it ?
    Herb farming
    ore farming
    skin farming
    mob farming
    soloing dungeons *like hunters and mages in diremaul*
    play AH
    thats about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    I don't remember that ever beeing a thing in Classic because of how scarce gold was.
    nah it very much was.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by GhostShaman View Post
    Farm scarlet monastery for righteous orbs, for those crusader enchants.
    The orbs drop in Stratholme (Live).

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait until Dire Maul release and then either farm on a Hunter if possible, otherwise a mage. Expect everyone to have a mage alt for dm:east farming if north-hunter isn't possible.

Pickpocket dwarves in blackrock depths

Farming shit.
    Felcloth in felwood
    elemental shit from elemtals
    herbs, ores, leather,
    crafting potions or very desirable blue gear
    standing in OG/SW and spamming your enchanting macro
    farming old Dungeons solo and selling blues and cloth, Maraudon and SM are pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Grinding mobs is the only way to extract money from the game.

remember, selling stuff to players does not generate gold, it just redistributes it.
    I mean exactly this

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Iron Ore and the mats to make Sulfuron hammer and various other dark iron plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    I know there was no daily quest in classic wow or world quest with emissary . So how we earn gold and where we find it ?
    simple - you trade X hundreds of thousands of gold in retail for 500-1000 g in classic.

this is how it will work