Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Selling bags (tailoring), ore, herbs, Righteous Orb, etc on the AH. A particular herb that rogues will love you for selling in stacks is Fadeleaf (used for Blind).
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-06-20 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's factually incorrect - there is no longer any need to grind. That's just objective fact.
    You know somebody is wrong when someone uses 'objective facts'
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Get warrior to 60
    Sell Tank service
    ??
    Buy Epic Mount

Learn a crafting profession, max it out, get the rarer recipes and sell those. Crafting mattered in Classic. You needed Tailors/Blacksmiths/Leatherworkers for resistance gear.

Farm materials. A lot of those crafting recipes require items that are dropped from mobs.

Everything is a commodity and your class probably has something that only it can do that you can sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    has a need for cc been demonstrated in the beta so far?

- - - Updated - - -

how did you get xp in deadmines at 37? Did you used to get xp for mobs 10 levels below?
    Yeah, I'm miss remembering something. I remember disenchanting items from deadmines to earn the gold and being 42 when I had enough. I'm an old man and it was a long time ago.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Yeah, I'm miss remembering something. I remember disenchanting items from deadmines to earn the gold and being 42 when I had enough. I'm an old man and it was a long time ago.
    I know that feeling very well
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna spin up all the gathering profs and bank it all until the economy shakes out. Including my DE's and cloth. Decide later.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    So moral of the story is stock everything on your bank alt ready to dominate AH once people start making gold? Before you put your stuff on the AH, you look at it first to see what the current prices of mats are, if low buy them all up and start controlling your market.

- - - Updated - - -

15Agi is bis for Rouges at least. Warriors probs Crusader.
    Fuzzy memory. Not so expensive pretty good 19 twink enchant then. Or at least thats what I remember. Cant think of anything else, just that I sold a good amount of those on a daily basis.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    has a need for cc been demonstrated in the beta so far?
    I'm not sure what we've seen so far is a good enough barometer to assume any sort of concrete answer on this yet; the variables that will likely exist in the live game just aren't in what we've "seen" so far.

Basing assumptions on streams of beta content don't really help because they just don't capture the true range of player skill you'll see live. in order to maintain threat effectively in an AoE environment in Classic, a warrior tank must be able to spread sunders evenly mixing in Thunder Clap and stance dancing into stronger attacks all while taking way more damage than the devs assumed, putting stress on the healer and putting him in a bad aggro situation.

I think you'll find way more people using CC, especially the latter dungeons when packs are closer and patrols increase. All healers and ranged mobs should be CCed at the very least.

I can see tanks pulling whole groups really fast and losing patience because healers can't keep up or DPS pulls aggro. Obviously guild runs with communication have more wiggle room for AoE type maneuvers, but I think the 10-15 seconds per pack you save won't be worth the wipes and run backs in pugs. Time will tell.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember there was a quest in Darkshore for finding these cat statues. They vendored for a decent chunk of change back then - I believe like 55s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You may, but grind is and always has meant the repeating of the same task 'countless' times to achieve a goal.
    Oh ok, so we don't have a misunderstanding.

So you accept that grinding still exists and has never gone anywhere since farmers have been grinding mats for me since the dawn of time
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Well I'll definitely charge for my healing services outside the guild. Not a lot, reasonable but I will.

Same for my tank.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I remember there was a quest in Darkshore for finding these cat statues. They vendored for a decent chunk of change back then - I believe like 55s.
    Also there is a chance a ghost cat spawns when opening them. Nice hunter pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Finding an old tank will be easy. 3 DPS who remember that they actually had to use focus fire and a fair amount of CC? Not as easy, imo.
    Never had that issue to be honest, our mages and hunters had no issue using sheeps and traps or protecting the healer(me). I never pugged though so I can only imagine what those are like.

5+ Year Old Account
    Who is paying for a tank or healer? They're not that rare.
    I got loads of gold farming for crusader enchant. Cloth, drops, some silver and once I had the enchant my self I sold off the enchant for a 100g when it dropped again.

10+ Year Old Account
    skinner in ungoro

LWer hillman's cloak

Tailor making bags

Tyr's Hand

Enchanter soloing dungeons for mats for twinks.

Some hardcore people just make all their chars alchemists and sell transmutes every 4 days.

As a mage i remember i used to sell Portals for 1-5g and twink runs in DM and other dungeons.
    Some people even wanted to give me money for mere water.

Also, all my chars are skinners+min/herb until 60, so i make white a bit like that.
    And i'm probably going to rotate 2-3 characters for rested bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farm elemental earth, spider`s silk, deviate fish, tailor bags, camp black lotus, enchanting/disenchating,

As with every other point in WoW the #1 best way to earn money is to play the auction house, but I know most people can't be bothered to do that.

Alchemy is an easy gold maker (after you learn the right recipes) because vanilla is the most consumable heavy expansion. It's basically printing money.
    Enchanting, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring and Engineering can all earn a bit of gold, but it really requires raid patterns that have crazy low droprates.
    All the gathering professions are pretty good. Skinning has the highest potential earning if you can get devilsaurs, but also the lowest earning if you can't (they WILL be heavily fought over on PvP servers.) Herbalism is consistent reliable gold with lots of different places to earn it so it's less contested than skinning. Mining is even less contested, but less valuable.

Mob grinding is the most popular way to earn gold, but you should try to be smart about it. Think what mobs drop items that might sell for a lot in the current/future patches. E.g. to begin with materials for the Greater Fire Protection Potion (MC/BWL) will fetch a good price, but later on you would want to be farming mats for Greater Nature Protection Potion (AQ) instead.

There are plenty of options but here are some of the more common ones you'll find:

• If playing an herbalist, farm Fadeleaf like crazy. Rogues require it to make Blinding Powder to use their ability Blind and not all of them will be going herbalism just for this purpose.
    • Farm Crusader Orbs in Stratholme. Find a group of friends and just run the dungeon over and over on the Scarlet Crusader side of it for the orbs. They're needed for Crusader enchants and sold quite well back then.
    • Solo Maraudon on hunters/warlocks as mentioned previously.
    • Just farm mobs. Farm, farm farm. Raw gold income from mob farming and the trash drops being sold adds up over time.
    • Charge for services that you render. If you craft an item for someone, add a charge to it (ie their mats + 5g for your time/profession). Mage giving someone a portal? You a big bad main tank or healer from a raid guild? Charge players nominal fees to join a dungeon group with you. [People can say this didn't happen all they want, but it did. I regularly ran with a player named Tankk from my guild in vanilla that charged players 1g each to join our Stratholme farm groups. We'd run for a few hours and it was more than enough to cover his repairs and then some since it was him, a healer from guild, and me all running together. He made 7g a run since the dungeon was a 10m back then. 2-3 runs a night and he's up 18-20g depending on how many wipes there were.]
    • Cloth. Everyone needs cloth. Even healers want cloth for bandages.
    • Get valuable patterns for your professions ASAP. I was a mage with tailoring and enchanting and my biggest money makers were by far Crusader/15 Agi enchants and resist gear from tailoring. Fire resist gear for MC/BWL and later Nature Resist gear for AQ40 or Frost Resist gear for Naxx, combined with Onyxia Scale Cloaks. I made good money just from the "tips" I was given after crafting these items frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I remember gold farmers almost exclusively killing the hippogryphs in Azshara back in Vanilla.

What SECRETS were they hiding!?! I must know!
    Probably high raw vendor gold, maybe near the vendors itself for quick turn around time.
    -K

Alchemy is probably the biggest money maker at 60. Skinning - Dragonscales are always a good thing to farm - needed for a lot of recipes end game and i remember the rare chromatic scales selling for like 50g a piece.